Sign in to follow this  
spark65

even number

Ordinarily the Chair would have the casting vote but MWJ''s comments earlier suggest there''s room for more around the big table.

On an immediate basis I''d rather it were someone like Dion or someone with plenty of cash actually.

Unfortunately there are not many of them about. Those that have good footballing brains go into management and are good at it. Otherwise they attempt it and then fall of the face of the planet only to reappear on some reality TV show etc. If they are very lucky they get dredged up to sit and jabber about football on Sky Sports: Football Saturday.

[quote user="spark65"]Is it a good idea to have an even number on a board or does Delia have the casting vote?[/quote]

Of course she does, she holds 62% of the shares.

[quote user="spark65"]Is it a good idea to have an even number on a board or does Delia have the casting vote?[/quote]

Delia has the only vote....The rest just agree with her.......

That''s how democracy works.....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I don''t reckon the newbies would stand for that.[/quote]

Maybe they would stay seated as you say.... but she will still get her unanimous way.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I don''t reckon the newbies would stand for that.[/quote]

Maybe they would stay seated as you say.... but she will still get her unanimous way.

[/quote]

She wont change, no body will fart without putting their hand up.

Cluck, do you honestly think that the new chairman would have come on this board as a yes man? I don''t.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Cluck, do you honestly think that the new chairman would have come on this board as a yes man? I don''t.[/quote]

No-one can alter the internal power ratio.... and Smith holds sway by a very long distance....

All this represents is a gathering on the clans to defend the status quo.... nothing more. I seem to recall that the Turners were invited to partake in Boardroom activity. What happened to them?

It truly is like a small town club trying to bring in the local "good and great" for effect. Unfortunately the bulk are neither good nor great.......

It will end in tears.

Isuppose your right in some respects, I do think it will end in tears as, like I said, I doubt the chair would take any shiiite of her. And we need that.