Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

Schoolboy Error

So here are some of the permutations;

• Delia, McNally or Bowkett misjudged how we would feel about having Stephan Phillips on the board.
  • Delia, McNally or Bowkett has been extremely clever in silencing the local press ( bear in mind we wont get much coverage any other media from the depths of div 3)
  • Phillips, flattered by the attention, lost the plot in agreeing to join the board, hereby losing all impartiality from Archant.
  • The characters mentioned can''t see that there is a problem.

Whichever the true situation is, I believe it to represent a gross error of judgement on behalf of those involved.

This situation has got to be addressed and changed.

Changed?  There''s not exactly a huge queue of people waiting to be on the board of a 3rd division club I would doubt lol.

Why don''t we give the new members of the board time to make their stamp before pre-judging what we think they might be like?  Unless you are Mystic meg you don''t know how they will perform from now on anymore than I do.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

So here are some of the permutations;

• Delia, McNally or Bowkett misjudged how we would feel about having Stephan Phillips on the board.

• Delia, McNally or Bowkett has been extremely clever in silencing the local press ( bear in mind we wont get much coverage any other media from the depths of div 3)

• Phillips, flattered by the attention, lost the plot in agreeing to join the board, hereby losing all impartiality from Archant.

• The characters mentioned can''t see that there is a problem.

Whichever the true situation is, I believe it to represent a gross error of judgement on behalf of those involved.

This situation has got to be addressed and changed.

[/quote]

www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Changed?  There''s not exactly a huge queue of people waiting to be on the board of a 3rd division club I would doubt lol.

Why don''t we give the new members of the board time to make their stamp before pre-judging what we think they might be like?  Unless you are Mystic meg you don''t know how they will perform from now on anymore than I do.

[/quote]

My angst is with the appointment of Stephan Phillips and the serious concerns that brings to mind regarding the independent coverage of NCFC affairs by Archant.

Messrs Bowkett & McNally I have not prejudged, other than to ponder on how much involvment they have had in appointing Phillips and why that was done.

No matter how much time is given, a conflict of interest will remain so.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

My angst is with the appointment of Stephan Phillips and the serious concerns that brings to mind regarding the independent coverage of NCFC affairs by Archant.

Messrs Bowkett & McNally I have not prejudged, other than to ponder on how much involvment they have had in appointing Phillips and why that was done.

No matter how much time is given, a conflict of interest will remain so.

[/quote]

I agree with this.. the local rags are now in the clubs pocket in every single way.. if anyone thinks differently then they will be sorely mistaken.

Take the match report from Colchester on the first day and Copy it 46 times a season for Archants "impartial" reporting of Norwich City from now on.... with photos of smiling fans and quotes from the same "up the backside" Board supporters every week....

A joke.. plain and simple..

like i said yesterdayy i fully expect the Local TV stations and Radio stations to be given some kind of promonent role within the club.....

jas :)

It seems only a short time ago when staff at Archant were protesting about impending redundancies.

In that climate, are we really gonna get tricky questions asked of the board?

If you were in that position, facing possible redundancy, would you be directing  awkward questions about your MD''s other job?

Conflict of interest WAY.