Sign in to follow this  
IRN-BRU

Flahavan and Lee from Palace?

I heard rumours of Flahavan a week or two ago Would be an excellent signing and I believe we may be signing both Flahavan and Lee shortly.

Highly rated goalkeeper, would be a great signing but can''t see Palace wanting to let him go unless its on loan

Darryl Flahavan is an excellent keeper but played only 3 games for Palce last season (presumably behind Speroni) so I doubt whether he nor Neil Warnock see much of a future for him at Palace. I believe he ended last season on loan to Leeds. The Palace website says he''s 5''11 but I''m suprised - I would have thought he''s  shorter. Anyway there would seem to be some basic logic in this speculation so you never know.

Maybe the star was right when it said palace were gonna sign Stuart Nelson cos it could be cover for Flahaven leaving palace mmmmmm the plot thickens!

[quote user="singing canary"]gunn being a keeper himself should know what to look for in one we could hope ..[/quote]maybe he''ll come out of retirement[;)]

[quote user="singing canary"]i should imagine we must have someone lined up . otherwise we would have not let nelson go without cover i would not have thought .[/quote]

I dont think we have anyone lined up...........The problem is I think Gunn sees Rudd as the back up goalie this year.

I think they are looking for a solid number 1 who Rudd can learn from and compete with. I don''t think they saw Nelson as anything but a back up at best.

not a big keeper but much more solid than  that other weedy keeper we had gallacher who must have weighed 9 stone dripping wet [:D]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="singing canary"]i should imagine we must have someone lined up . otherwise we would have not let nelson go without cover i would not have thought .[/quote]

I dont think we have anyone lined up...........The problem is I think Gunn sees Rudd as the back up goalie this year.

I think they are looking for a solid number 1 who Rudd can learn from and compete with. I don''t think they saw Nelson as anything but a back up at best.

[/quote]

I know he''s only 18 but I rather hope Rudd gets the chance of starting for us next season with an older experienced back up keeper on the bench. Similar to the way we had Robert Green and Paul Crichton after Marshall left. Greeno wasn''t that much older when Worthy gave him the nod to be number one.