Hello again, just wondering what Sir Worthy will do with his new found transfer kitty, and i guess this could be upped by a potential 3 million if Greeno moves on. What do you posters think. I love the transfer debates, and was addicted to this site over the summer.

Thinking long and hard, Dean Ashton might be the answer, and i reckon Worthy could pull some kinda deal out of the bag, not letting the kitty go out on one player, maybe 750k plus some add ons like staying up and on the fella scoring a certain amount of goals.

Hartson, i can''t see it, wages would be a massive problem, and the guy isn''t always available for selection.

I am a massive Jarvis fan and woudl love to see him cause havoc at this level, he will be the next big thing.

Being realistic i guess Worthy has it all planned, and we will be suprised by the names he pulls in, but i do trust his judgement. Every manager makes a mistake in the market, ferguson and wenger would hold their hands up to a few errors.

Anyway enjoy the time off and fingers crossed that we will beat the baggies in two weeks.

The £1.2m is additonal cash, as I think he said he had some money to spend on a striker before the transferdeadline and since then he has lost the wages of malky, briggs and abbey.

His priority has to be strike cover for Hux. Ashton is a target but can he save us this year? He would be a good long term buy without a doubt.

Hartson could give us a quick fix,proven record in prem, however I suspect he is looking for a longer term deal that may price him out of our limit. However a high wage short term contract till the end of the season could work witha sell on clause - he would get 1st team footie and good performance would mean we could sell him if we get relegated. However I would see this as a backward step as I want the club to move away from the target man game.

Beyond those the pickings are pretty slim. A loan move may be possible (I think we can take 2 more till the end of the season) with fringe players at the big clubs. Arsenals squad is pretty small, but, and I know I am thinking too big here, but Mutu or Saha could be interested come January, and I am not sure who is available in the rest of Europe. A loan would soak away the cash but short term high wages would mean an injection of real quality.

Our second priority has to be a creative midfielder. Again the list of candidates is small but a simialr approach to strikers could target the like of Scott Parker. Potential stars include the like of Richard Chaplow at Burnley and Gary Teale at Wigan but like Ashton are tomorrows children. Petit is still unattached and could be our Youri Djorkaeff style quality signing on s short term contract.

What I do know is that while we may have the cash the number of players out there who we can afford, would want to come here, are available and are better than we currently have are hard to find and will be very difficult to sign mid season. I dont envy Worthy this particular challenge.

OTBC

Just a thought to bear in mind,

is our drawing power at the lower end of the league enough to tempt the type of players mentioned to Carrow Road ?

GJ thats the very point I covered in the last paragraph of my post. Any player at their peak will attract bigger clubs so be default we are realistically looking fresh potential from the championship, unfashionable players out of favour at a bigger club, older players nearing the end of their career (big risk of the last pay check for nothing syndrome here)or a player from a foreign league looking for the glare of the premiership shop window.Good luck Worthy!OTBC

I think you will have a better chance in 2 seasons, once you go down you can come back stronger, you really missed your chance to sign a striker before the season started so that will cost you-money in the bank is OK but points in the bank is better