Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Wynn Jones Comment in recent Press article

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I''ve been away for a couple of days and am just catching up on all things Norwich.

I''m surprised no one seems to have picked up on the statement made by MWJ regarding seeking investment for the club. Basically he states "The bottom line is its very attractive to take over a football club but it''s not that attractive to put your hand in your pocket and dish out a few million for the squad because that doesn''t fit any business model".

Now I don''t know if this is a mis quote or not, but taking it on face value it is absolutely clear that dear old Delia and Micheal have no intention whatsoever in handing over the reigns to someone else - all they are looking for is some mug to dig them out of the hole they took us into by giving the club some money for team strenghtening - no wonder we aren''t getting any investment if this is what they are looking for people to do - just give them some money.

Well at least it now clear that we aren''t going to see the back of Delia anytime soon - which unfortunately means we won''t be progressing up the leagues anytime soon either.... 

[quote user="The Judge"]

I''m surprised no one seems to have picked up on the statement made by MWJ regarding seeking investment for the club. Basically he states "The bottom line is its very attractive to take over a football club but it''s not that attractive to put your hand in your pocket and dish out a few million for the squad because that doesn''t fit any business model".

Now I don''t know if this is a mis quote or not, but taking it on face value it is absolutely clear that dear old Delia and Micheal have no intention whatsoever in handing over the reigns to someone else - all they are looking for is some mug to dig them out of the hole they took us into by giving the club some money for team strenghtening - no wonder we aren''t getting any investment if this is what they are looking for people to do - just give them some money.

[/quote]With respect Judge, in my role as PurplePedant, I''m almost certain that you have misinterpreted that quote.What MWJ is saying is that it may seem attractive in an ego-trip or even an altruistic kind of way to be the owner of a football club but the harsh financial reality is that once you''ve become owner you have to keep putting your hand in your pocket for team strengthening and that ain''t half so attractive.All through that sentence he is taking about ownership, not minority investment, and what owners have to take account of. That is the only way the final comment about this not fitting into a business  model makes sense. Minority investors don''t have to worry about business models. Only owners have to do that.

Quite right PC but, obviously, not what those who prefer to stand on orange crates screaming at the top of their lungs wants to hear.

Sorry Purple, but you''re wrong.One can also go down the John Batchelor road to administration. It''s quicker and far easier on the wallet...But of course no-one wants to know about that.Shame.

Er, I''m now very confused about whether I''m right or wrong! So the obvious thing to do is go and watch some lakeside fireworks and perhaps the answer will be waiting when I get back...

The answer is to be a complete psychopath.But you already knew that...

[quote user="LQ"]The answer is to be a complete psychopath.But you already knew that...[/quote]LQ, I must say I''m impressed by the sheer brazenness of the Batchelor approach. However all of this is about to become academic. My contact on one of the top US papers (OK, OK, he''s the gardening correspondent, but he hears stuff, believe me) says the word inside the Beltway is that Sarah Palin has resigned as governor of Alaska to head up a consortium of fur trappers and elk farmers to buy the club. Apparently she thinks we''re "neat".