Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

You can stick your evening news up your Ar*e

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]I''m on the Broadland homewatch distribution list, and we receive crime updates every couple of weeks.  Here are some of the highlights:

"Locks to sheds have been forced items stolen includes spades hammers and other tools."

"Theft of wood valued at £150 from an insecure garden at..."

"A statue was stolen from a garden..."

Although my favorite was my friend who built some snowmen (and snowwomen) with his children.  They built one for each member of their family.  When they woke up, one of them had been stolen!  Unfortunately that didn''t appear on the broadland crime updates.

[/quote]

I suppose it''s better than "teenage girl raped by gang for four hours", "innocent boy shot in drug war", "granny kicked to death for 50p"?

We should count ourselves lucky.

BTW, what has this got to do with NCFC?

[/quote]

I agree with your comment MF. As the saying goes ''no news is good news'' but it is rather boring.

It has everything to do with NCFC when they have people on Board who run the local rags.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]I''m on the Broadland homewatch distribution list, and we receive crime updates every couple of weeks.  Here are some of the highlights:

"Locks to sheds have been forced items stolen includes spades hammers and other tools."

Although my favorite was my friend who built some snowmen (and snowwomen) with his children.  They built one for each member of their family.  When they woke up, one of them had been stolen!  Unfortunately that didn''t appear on the broadland crime updates.

[/quote]

I suppose it''s better than "teenage girl raped by gang for four hours", "innocent boy shot in drug war", "granny kicked to death for 50p"?

[/quote]

I agree with your comment MF. As the saying goes ''no news is good news'' but it is rather boring.

It has everything to do with NCFC when they have people on Board who run the local rags.

[/quote]

It''s a soft rag, and I want to know what''s really going on in my local area....but it doesn''t go for the craw...Why? Is it a Norfolk thing?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a soft rag, and I want to know what''s really going on in my local area....but it doesn''t go for the craw...Why? Is it a Norfolk thing?

[/quote]

In the past they''ve highlighted some very good and concerning stuff, the War Memorial and the councilor housing scam but its to far between the ''local girl gives birth on toilet'' rubbish.

with regards to the appointment, i find it rather worrying they put peoples opinions [only my opinion] over REAL investment and speaks volumes that the ''custodians'' are here for a long time.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Well I''m sticking with my morning EDP simply because I like the format.........Soz.[/quote]

Wiz thats your prerogative old mate but in your neck of the woods a mugging is the norm......[;)][:D]

[quote user="Wayne G"]Archant are never going to print anything anti board now, free speach is over!!![/quote]Yeah!Expect that post to be deleted pdq.What?It''s still there?Dammit...

[quote user="Wayne G"]Archant are never going to print anything anti board now, free speach is over!!![/quote]

As i said Wayne, i dont think they''ll be censoring [although i suppose we''ll never know whats printed and whats not]. I think its more of a case of gaging public opinion. What bothers me is that while they should be making every effort in finding investment and selling up, it seems they are more concerned about how people perceive and what to do and say next.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Arthur, I thought for some reason that you had started this topic before the new Directors were announced - you''re right of course, it is pertinent to NCFC.

Can anyone see archant run papers like The Evening News, EDP, PinkUn, printing anything anti board etc if things continue to go belly up? No chance!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Can anyone see archant run papers like The Evening News, EDP, PinkUn, printing anything anti board etc if things continue to go belly up? No chance!!![/quote]

Smith has stitched the media up nicely here and her PR people have made Archant look very foolish.

An inflated ego clearly clouded the man''s vision and his naivity really is quite worrying. However....he can now say he is part of Norwich''s business elite....which is basically what this is all about....

Small time charlies led by a washed out tv celebrity....How far we have fallen.

It does seem to me to be rather strange that a washed out tv celebrity seems to be able to con everyone except a few daisyroot messageboard fans who follow our clubs fortunes in a detatched way from afar but know best about everything.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It does seem to me to be rather strange that a washed out tv celebrity seems to be able to con everyone except a few daisyroot messageboard fans who follow our clubs fortunes in a detatched way from afar but know best about everything.

[/quote]

Cork it Nutty!!![;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thus the constipation begins anew......