Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

You can stick your evening news up your Ar*e

I''m not buying the snooze any longer. After years of reading out of boredom and habit more than news I''ve decided after today''s appointment that I''ll keep my 42p.

I was getting bored of Cats getting stuck up trees and an engine was called out from Sprowston station to save it.

I cancelled my delivery of the so called `Evening` News a couple of weeks ago.(It comes out about 11.30am does`nt it?)Its a waste of money,paper and ink nowadays.I think a bunch of school kids could write better articles!Oh,and look forward to some hard-hitting articles on the goings on at NCFC now MD of Archant Norfolk has joined the board!

Way overpriced anyway! I bet the edp and een won''t run any stories on Peter Cullum anymore! Every story is now going to be very one sided! Delia''s side that is!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

I''m not buying the snooze any longer. After years of reading out of boredom and habit more than news I''ve decided after today''s appointment that I''ll keep my 42p.

I was getting bored of Cats getting stuck up trees and an engine was called out from Sprowston station to save it.

[/quote]

Come on Arthur, don''t hold back, speak your mind[:|]

[/quote]Bet you''ll get it again if it was bundled with, a bag of crisps, bar of choccie, can of pop, pack of chewie and a b&w poster of Delia in crotchless undies[;)]

[/quote]

Can I still read the EDP Arthur?  It''s such a good read.......

I promise to draw moustaches on any EDP staff featured........

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and ill draw the glasses!!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and ill draw the glasses!!!
[/quote]

Shall we put bosoms on all of the men so they look like girlies?..........

If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]I''m on the Broadland homewatch distribution list, and we receive crime updates every couple of weeks.  Here are some of the highlights:

"Locks to sheds have been forced items stolen includes spades hammers and other tools."

"Theft of wood valued at £150 from an insecure garden at..."

"A statue was stolen from a garden..."

Although my favorite was my friend who built some snowmen (and snowwomen) with his children.  They built one for each member of their family.  When they woke up, one of them had been stolen!  Unfortunately that didn''t appear on the broadland crime updates.

[/quote]

so i take it you will stop posting on archants pink un website too then arthur?? no, didnt think so.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]Thieves broke into Norwich police station last night and nicked all the loos.

Norfolk CID said in a statement this morning "we have nothing to go on".

A policeman make the mistake of arresting a judge who went to a fancy dress party dressed as a convict.
It just shows that you should not book a judge by his cover.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]

Jeeeeesus....when did THAT happen?..........

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]If I fancy a laugh, I always have a read of the crime extracts, like someones plant pot was smashed or a bottle of milk was stolen.[/quote]I''m on the Broadland homewatch distribution list, and we receive crime updates every couple of weeks.  Here are some of the highlights:

"Locks to sheds have been forced items stolen includes spades hammers and other tools."

"Theft of wood valued at £150 from an insecure garden at..."

"A statue was stolen from a garden..."

Although my favorite was my friend who built some snowmen (and snowwomen) with his children.  They built one for each member of their family.  When they woke up, one of them had been stolen!  Unfortunately that didn''t appear on the broadland crime updates.

[/quote]

I suppose it''s better than "teenage girl raped by gang for four hours", "innocent boy shot in drug war", "granny kicked to death for 50p"?

We should count ourselves lucky.

BTW, what has this got to do with NCFC?

The death of the local newspapers continues apace.

I don''t buy a EEN every day but I think it does serve a useful purpose in the community. Local newspapers are closing all over the country

and its great shame. We will miss them when they are gone.

[/quote]

Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a cat starving to death up a tree?  Does the absence of such stories not suggest the little blighters will get down themselves when they are hungry? [^o)]

I very rarely buy a newspaper but if I do it is normaly the EDP or the EEN. There are two reasons for this, the first is that most of the national newspapers are full of tat about some z list celebrity having split up with their parnter or that they have a stalker or somthing. The second is that East Anglia and more importantly to me Norfolk and Norwich hardly get a mention.I have lived in London and it is a very self centred City. The fact that a lot of so called ''national'' newspapers are written and printed through offices in London means that a lot of the stuff is totally irrelevent to 70% of the country. A complete waste of money.However that does not mean that the EDP and the EEN are perfect - they are just closer to being perfect than the other rags.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

I suppose it''s better than "teenage girl raped by gang for four hours", "innocent boy shot in drug war", "granny kicked to death for 50p"?

[/quote]Ah, I see that you subscribe to the Hackney Gazette.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

Ah, I see that you subscribe to the Hackney Gazette.
[/quote]

Or the Tottenham Journal...

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a cat starving to death up a tree?  Does the absence of such stories not suggest the little blighters will get down themselves when they are hungry? [^o)]

[/quote]

I just assumed that it would keep going on all the birds that would come along perch it the tree.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Did you the know the EDP has a bigger circulation than the Daily Mail?

[/quote]Is that in area or in readers? Because area I can believe.

[quote user="ricardo"]

The death of the local newspapers continues apace.

I don''t buy a EEN every day but I think it does serve a useful purpose in the community. Local newspapers are closing all over the country

and its great shame. We will miss them when they are gone.

[/quote]

Ricardo - it''s not just the newspapers it is the media in genral, so called local TV and radio has less and less local content, and the regulators are scared of trying to enforce the amount agreed when licences were awarded (Heart nee Broadland) for fear of the station going bust.

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

so i take it you will stop posting on archants pink un website too then arthur?? no, didnt think so.

[/quote]

You are right, i''m not going to stop coming on here because unless they start censoring posts, and i find that highly unlikely, the posters on here are of more valuable source with regards to football knowledge and have a far more wider opinion than a paper that, up until now, sits on the fence. Looking back on this i find it a shrewd appointment by the ''custodians'' in nothing more than getting a ''street opinion'' on the club and how things are done. Think about it mate, its just another cute way of finding popular opinion and than saying the right things at the right time.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="glove1"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, i''m not going to stop coming on here because unless they start censoring posts, and i find that highly unlikely, the posters on here are of more valuable source with regards to football knowledge and have a far more wider opinion than a paper that, up until now, sits on the fence. Looking back on this i find it a shrewd appointment by the ''custodians'' in nothing more than getting a ''street opinion'' on the club and how things are done. Think about it mate, its just another cute way of finding popular opinion and than saying the right things at the right time.

[/quote]

Perfect Arthur......