Sign in to follow this  
IRN-BRU

Any of my fellow 'sheep' actually looking forward to next season?

Anyone else looking forward to next season? Sheep that I am, I can''t wait. Would far rather we in the Championship or Premiership obviously but as we''re not I''m not going to cry about it like some of our fellow posters. I just hope as they won''t be going to games anymore (I assume?) and will have nothing to contribute about what actually happens on the pitch they go and fill there time on other forums, knitting, basket weaving or whatever it is they will be doing now..

This forum needs to get back to football and football supporters...

Depends on this week''s signings.

If they are to be the one''s rumoured on this forum, then yes i will be looking forward to next season.

I must admit i''m more optimistic than i though i''d be. My cynicism seems to be waning!!

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]Anyone else looking forward to next season? Sheep that I am, I can''t wait. Would far rather we in the Championship or Premiership obviously but as we''re not I''m not going to cry about it like some of our fellow posters. I just hope as they won''t be going to games anymore (I ?) and will have nothing to contribute about what actually happens on the pitch they go and fill there time on other forums, knitting, basket weaving or whatever it is they will be doing now.. This forum needs to get back to football and football supporters...[/quote]

I agree!

Out with cooks, miserable old farts, spinmeisters, and imitation football managers!

Out with them all!

OTBC

As I always do, will be looking forward to the new season. Best to take each game as it comes, there will no doubt be many ups and downs. Div 1 new to NCFC so new teams to watch, some who get relatively small crowds and lower expectations but with supporters who still watch them.

Hopefully BG will put together a decent squad and then we will just have to wait and see.

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]Anyone else looking forward to next season? Sheep that I am, I can''t wait. Would far rather we in the Championship or Premiership obviously but as we''re not I''m not going to cry about it like some of our fellow posters. I just hope as they won''t be going to games anymore (I assume?) and will have nothing to contribute about what actually happens on the pitch they go and fill there time on other forums, knitting, basket weaving or whatever it is they will be doing now.. This forum needs to get back to football and football supporters...[/quote]

.....No contest for me! It''s knit one purl one on a match-day in the lovely sedate and quiet environment of the City Stand....May I offer you a Werthers original?.....I can also get Delia''s autograph for you?....Maybe knit you a ''Peter Heater'' (aka willy warmer)...for when it gets cold at Carra in the winter? ...I assume I''d only require a quite small length of yarn to make it? You could also wear it on your head....(it would be a loose fit) and also keep your Morrison munchie money and bus fare home in the small scrote pouch (stop the bullies pinching it off you) the money that is, not your nuts.....Hope I can be of service? We Canary ''football? what football?'' gaggle of Natty Knitters do try to help our fellow fans...."Clickety Clack and it''s up yours Jack!"...

Mello. 

Yep!

I am, especially if/when we sign Lee and Doyle.

Still think we need to sign one or two more as well as the above two.

But really looking forward to it!

OTBC!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Maybe knit you a ''Peter Heater'' (aka willy warmer)...for when it gets cold at Carra in the winter? ...I assume I''d only require a quite small length of yarn to make it? [/quote]

How about you use one of your own and just make it twice as big?

I always look forward to a new season, i still feel we have the wrong manager when it comes to tactics and experience but that first home game in the sunshine will still get my heart racing!!

I''m conflicted..... whilst I don''t believe on the basis of the available evidence that Gunn is the right man for the job and I certainly don''t believe that Delia and MWJ are the right people to be in charge of the club, I am still looking forward to the challenges we face next season. This is probably becuase it''s a novelty and we haven''t arsed it up yet! But I can''t help but look forward to watching the boys in yellow playing again.

There seems to be the assumption by some on this board that you cannot both want to support the team and still be skeptical about the management and board room structure. To these people any support for the club is derided as sycophancy and those fans expressing any positivity written off as delusional. However, most of us are fully aware that the club is in it''s lowest position for 50 and that there are serious issues such as a lack of investment which need to be addressed, but that doesn''t prevent us from wanting to go and watch the team play and hope that they can do something to get us out of the position we are in. I want to see Delia and MWJ relinqush their control over the club, but I also want to see them hand it over to someone who is genuinely going to be able to move us forward and can afford to do so. There is no point brining in new faces if they are only going to tread water. In the mean time hopefully they will have learnt at least some lessons from the past 10 years and will make changes to the club that are going to be of genuine benefit in the long term. To that end they have appointed a Chief Executive with a genuine track record of successfully running a football club which will hopefully pay dividends off the pitch both in the day to day operations of the club and in attracting new investors. For this they deserve some credit, it is what appears to be a genuinely shrewd decision and is the first time in as long as I can remember that an individual with demonstrable experience at the highest level of the game has been appointed by the club. I look forward to seeing what changes he intends to make in order to return Norwich City to a postion of stability from which we can challenge for the right to return to the promised land that is the premier league. 

On a different topic there is much scorn poured upon those of us who want to look at the positives as well as the negatives where the club is concerned and there is often the accusation that those of us who want to go and watch the games and support the team are actually hurting the club by supporting Delia and that continued support will only lead to the club slipping further into obscurity. There is also the implication that by expressing their negativity they are somehow acting in the club''s best interests, however I for one would love to know what is it that those nay sayers are actually doing to change the situation the club is in? are they masterminding a take over of the club? are they out finding new sources of investment? are they plotting to assassinate Delia with a deadly creme brulee? Of course not, they''re sitting in they''re grubby little bedsits spouting bile and vitriol through their keyboards at those who want to support their team and see them do well. What do their actions achieve other than hurt the morale of players and fans alike? being a true fan is supposed to be about supporting your team through thick and thin, these are the thinnnest times I have known as a supporter but that isn''t going to stop me going to all the games I can make it to. I fail to see the logic which leads some to the conclusion that doing so will somehow hastening the team''s decline.

I''m city til I die!!!!!

They should all be Baaaaaah-ed.....

Same old Deliarites...same old excuses...same old misguided optimism....

What will we be happy with this season then? Consolidation? Avoiding relegation? A Cup beyond the second round?

What a bunch of losers......

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Of course I''m looking forward to the season. Not just City matches (but that''s the major part of course) but Soccer Saturday when City are away, Match of the Day. Super Sunday etc etc! Football is a drug.
[/quote]There is a lot to enjoy with regards to football and not a question of +ive. v. -ive. all the time.

Still digesting last season myself know we''ve had our fair share of ups & downs at this club but last season was the longest and the most painfull of all,Once August 8th 17.00hrs is here and we''ve seen what our starting XI is and giving us an idea of what we have to endure this campaign i will not be getting any hopes up. (Been there done that been let down)   

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Maybe knit you a ''Peter Heater'' (aka willy warmer)...for when it gets cold at Carra in the winter? ...I assume I''d only require a quite small length of yarn to make it? [/quote]

How about you use one of your own and just make it twice as big?

[/quote]

Mr Mature! How''s it going Victor? .....I love it when you snipe....FGS Grow up! ..Tee Hee!