Sign in to follow this  
Barclay_Boy

The Delia Delusion

It would be funny if it wasn''t so sad to see as much misguided optimism as I have read on here during the last few days. We''ve got someone with a ruthless reputation on the Board so all our problems are solved. Cody will get loads of goals for us this season, we''ve got all these players who "really want to play for the club" and some of them are even tall! Carry on deluding yourselves, but here''s a reality check -

We are in our worst league position for fifty years. We appear to have no money despite 18000 season tckts sold, we are in the same division as the mighty Exeter City. We have people in charge who have demonstrated over the last few seasons that they do not have a clue how to run a football club, and we have appointed Bryan Gunn as Manager. We are two divisions below Hull, and Stoke, and one division below the likes of Scunthorpe and Blackpool. We couldn''t compete with Burnley in the transfer market last season and now it looks like we can''t compete with the likes of Huddersfield. Absolutely nothing changes until Delia goes and someone comes in with money. Unless there are some real suprise signings about to be unveiled then we will NOT get out of this division come next May, unless it''s to go to Division 2.

Apart from that everythings wonderfull.....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]It would be funny if it wasn''t so sad to see as much misguided optimism as I have read on here during the last few days. We''ve got someone with a ruthless reputation on the Board so all our problems are solved. Cody will get loads of goals for us this season, we''ve got all these players who "really want to play for the club" and some of them are even tall! Carry on deluding yourselves, but here''s a reality check - We are in our worst league position for fifty years. We appear to have no money despite 18000 season tckts sold, we are in the same division as the mighty Exeter City. We have people in charge who have demonstrated over the last few seasons that they do not have a clue how to run a football club, and we have appointed Bryan Gunn as Manager. We are two divisions below Hull, and Stoke, and one division below the likes of Scunthorpe and Blackpool. We couldn''t compete with Burnley in the transfer market last season and now it looks like we can''t compete with the likes of Huddersfield. Absolutely nothing changes until Delia goes and someone comes in with money. Unless there are some real suprise signings about to be unveiled then we will NOT get out of this division come next May, unless it''s to go to Division 2. Apart from that everythings wonderfull.....[/quote]

I know exactly where you are coming from, for my money we are no further forward than we were the day we got relegated. The mere fact that there is a possibility we would even consider signing Mcveigh says it all for me, still he is free and that''s the most important thing and the reason we are where we are.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]It would be funny if it wasn''t so sad to see as much misguided optimism as I have read on here during the last few days. We''ve got someone with a ruthless reputation on the Board so all our problems are solved. Cody will get loads of goals for us this season, we''ve got all these players who "really want to play for the club" and some of them are even tall! Carry on deluding yourselves, but here''s a reality check - We are in our worst league position for fifty years. We appear to have no money despite 18000 season tckts sold, we are in the same division as the mighty Exeter City. We have people in charge who have demonstrated over the last few seasons that they do not have a clue how to run a football club, and we have appointed Bryan Gunn as Manager. We are two divisions below Hull, and Stoke, and one division below the likes of Scunthorpe and Blackpool. We couldn''t compete with Burnley in the transfer market last season and now it looks like we can''t compete with the likes of Huddersfield. Absolutely nothing changes until Delia goes and someone comes in with money. Unless there are some real suprise signings about to be unveiled then we will NOT get out of this division come next May, unless it''s to go to Division 2. Apart from that everythings wonderfull.....[/quote]

Poetry.......

We are far nearer disintegration than any success. So a new face or two on the Board who have put no money in and can''t kick a ball are the new "saviours"?

Now where have I heard that before?

I don''t see many people denying this to be honest. And its not a new revelation.All I see is people trying to get possitive about the coming season because it doesn''t look as if anything is going to change. Now some people sit down and just moan about how good it isn''t and other understand the limitations and try to make the most of it.If I go to a match I dont stop shouting / chanting / looking a prat because to me that is what match days are about. I go to enjoy myself. I have enjoyed the banter between sets of fans on occaisions when we havn''t won before. I remember 18,000 people being happy with mid table championship and cheering on Milligan, Carey and Forbes. I also remember 24,000 watching Etuhu, Safri, Huckerby and Earnshaw and not making much noise as the 18,000 only a few years before.Football has changed in many many ways.

Or as much noise as the 13,000 the year before that!Right with you there Chicken.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]It would be funny if it wasn''t so sad to see as much misguided optimism as I have read on here during the last few days. We''ve got someone with a ruthless reputation on the Board so all our problems are solved. [/quote]Has anybody actually said that?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]It would be funny if it wasn''t so sad to see as much misguided optimism as I have read on here during the last few days. We''ve got someone with a ruthless reputation on the Board so all our problems are solved. Cody will get loads of goals for us this season, we''ve got all these players who "really want to play for the club" and some of them are even tall! Carry on deluding yourselves, but here''s a reality check -

We are in our worst league position for fifty years. We appear to have no money despite 18000 season tckts sold, we are in the same division as the mighty Exeter City. We have people in charge who have demonstrated over the last few seasons that they do not have a clue how to run a football club, and we have appointed Bryan Gunn as Manager. We are two divisions below Hull, and Stoke, and one division below the likes of Scunthorpe and Blackpool. We couldn''t compete with Burnley in the transfer market last season and now it looks like we can''t compete with the likes of Huddersfield. Absolutely nothing changes until Delia goes and someone comes in with money. Unless there are some real suprise signings about to be unveiled then we will NOT get out of this division come next May, unless it''s to go to Division 2.

Apart from that everythings wonderfull.....[/quote] And Delia supporters every last one of them , the rest of us can see just how pathetic this club has become , cannot afford a transfer fee , non league calibre players and a clown managing the team . Mid table or lower next season and relegated again within 5 years .

"cannot afford a transfer fee"Oooh stop me, stop me; no, seriously, don''t...Can we have that rebate argument again and I''ll show you how much L1 footie costs?No?Bugger.

Right little ray of sunshine you are - might as well go slit your wrists now

Shall we slit our wrists? Cry? Support the ''scum'' or Man U instead?

I''ll be enjoiyng a few beers down Riverside and looking forward to shouting , singing and watching watching football again come September. Those that wish to wallow in doom and gloom though, then don''t come along , do something else, post on here, each to their own...

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]Shall we slit our wrists? Cry? Support the ''scum'' or Man U instead? I''ll be enjoiyng a few beers down Riverside and looking forward to shouting , singing and watching watching football again come September. Those that wish to wallow in doom and gloom though, then don''t come along , do something else, post on here, each to their own...[/quote]

could not agree more or we could all support manyoo......

ok, let me try and make it simple for you. You are happy to reward/put up with failure obviously. I am a manager for the local office of a national company. I get given stretching tasks and objectives. I am required to overcome barriers/obstacles in order to achieve these targets. If I do well, I get rewarded, if I don''t do well then I will get demoted or sacked, because if I do badly then my company does badly and we lose customers, and they will not want to reward failure. If you were given rubbish service by Tesco''s or BT then you would go somewhere else wouldn''t you? But because football support is an emotional attachment then the Delia''s of this world know that, even served up the complete dross as we have had these last few seasons, most of us will come back for more, and some of us ie IRN-BRU will apparently be overjoyed about it. And if we dare to complain, not renew or, gasp, horror, claim a rebate offered to us, then the emotional blackmail kicks in, and we''re not "true" supporters like you who will happily clap, cheer and wave, whilst NCFC goes down the toilet. Good for you.

Now off to listen to Morrissey and Joy Division to cheer myself up...

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]ok, let me try and make it simple for you. You are happy to reward/put up with failure obviously. I am a manager for the local office of a national company. I get given stretching tasks and objectives. I am required to overcome barriers/obstacles in order to achieve these targets. If I do well, I get rewarded, if I don''t do well then I will get demoted or sacked, because if I do badly then my company does badly and we lose customers, and they will not want to reward failure. If you were given rubbish service by Tesco''s or BT then you would go somewhere else wouldn''t you? But because football support is an emotional attachment then the Delia''s of this world know that, even served up the complete dross as we have had these last few seasons, most of us will come back for more, and some of us ie IRN-BRU will apparently be overjoyed about it. And if we dare to complain, not renew or, gasp, horror, claim a rebate offered to us, then the emotional blackmail kicks in, and we''re not "true" supporters like you who will happily clap, cheer and wave, whilst NCFC goes down the toilet. Good for you. Now off to listen to Morrissey and Joy Division to cheer myself up...[/quote]

As most of the Deliarites have their heads wedged firmly up their arses....may I suggest getting the point across to them via some form of suppository?

Otherwise they just can''t ever face the truth.......

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]ok, let me try and make it simple for you. You are happy to reward/put up with failure obviously. I am a manager for the local office of a national company. I get given stretching tasks and objectives. I am required to overcome barriers/obstacles in order to achieve these targets. If I do well, I get rewarded, if I don''t do well then I will get demoted or sacked, because if I do badly then my company does badly and we lose customers, and they will not want to reward failure. If you were given rubbish service by Tesco''s or BT then you would go somewhere else wouldn''t you? But because football support is an emotional attachment then the Delia''s of this world know that, even served up the complete dross as we have had these last few seasons, most of us will come back for more, and some of us ie IRN-BRU will apparently be overjoyed about it. And if we dare to complain, not renew or, gasp, horror, claim a rebate offered to us, then the emotional blackmail kicks in, and we''re not "true" supporters like you who will happily clap, cheer and wave, whilst NCFC goes down the toilet. Good for you. Now off to listen to Morrissey and Joy Division to cheer myself up...[/quote]

Barclay Boy, before I start, let me just say I''m totally with you on subject.

However, Delia and Michael cannot be sacked, they can only be removed by someone buying them out. Doncaster and Munby however both got the push, because they didn''t ''overcome the barriers/obstacles to acheive Norwich City''s targets''

The only solution is new investment - I think what all at the club are hoping for is the drop down in Division will favour Norwich City (as we are at present) and we will start picking up results and maybe just get ourselves promoted. It would be foolish to judge the team before we have played, say 10 games.

However a change at the top is what is needed and until we get that, I agree, i can''t see much changing!

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t see many people denying this to be honest. And its not a new revelation.All I see is people trying to get possitive about the coming season because it doesn''t look as if anything is going to change. Now some people sit down and just moan about how good it isn''t and other understand the limitations and try to make the most of it.If I go to a match I dont stop shouting / chanting / looking a prat because to me that is what match days are about. I go to enjoy myself. I have enjoyed the banter between sets of fans on occaisions when we havn''t won before. I remember 18,000 people being happy with mid table championship and cheering on Milligan, Carey and Forbes. I also remember 24,000 watching Etuhu, Safri, Huckerby and Earnshaw and not making much noise as the 18,000 only a few years before.Football has changed in many many ways.[/quote]

Yes, and we would all be bloody delighted with mid - table championship now wouldn''t we? I DO understand the limitations we are under now, but who''s fault is that? Delia''s and Michael''s. We had a real chance 4 years ago to become, if not a premiershio team, someone a bit like West Brom are now, a top ebd Championship/bottom wnd premiership team. But thanks to bad decisions/under - investment when it would have been easy to get investment/finance means that we are now a league 1 club with no money. if you are prepared to take that lying down mate, then good for you, but don''t moan about those of us who are angry because we have every right to be angry!

Now your just making things up Barclay Boy. Where did I slag those for not renewing, claiming rebates etc... ?!! I fully support everyones right not to go but that is my point - it''s a choice. Obviously I would rather we were in the premiership but because we are not I''m not going to cry about it. If you want to stamp your feet and cry then good for you - you obviously deal with things a little different to myself. I''m all for complaining, but mindless moaning - not fro me. Are you going to put several million into the club? Me neither I don''t have it. Am I going to wave a banner outside the club shouting ''Delia Out'' - nope, good for those that do if help''s them vent their frustration, but ultimately pointless in my opinion unless again any of them are going to dip into their pockets. Am I going to stay away? No. I enjoy going to watch football so why should I stay away. Am I going to sit on my hands and mutter at the match? No, part of what I enjoy about football, is the shouting, clapping and singing. Am I going to support another club? No because as you rightly point out we have an emotional attachment which defines us from being a ''fan'' to being a ''supporter'' ie unlike the Man U brigade who have never been within 200 miles of Manchester. Hmm - so what are my options? Gasp, horror carry on going and watching Norwich play.

As for those who decide not to renew and be a ''sheep'' like myself well good for them and I''m sure they will find something more rewarding to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy Morrissey...

How about you use a suppository and dig out an answer to the problem then Cluck? None of you have one do you other than ''Delia Out'' and then some mythical saviour in? If that happened then great. If you are so upset with the clubs situation however - so something - stop coming, wave a banner but simply moaning on here about those of us that are going to be turning up again next season won''t change things now will it. All of you moaners need some back-bone - come up with an answer and take action or your the ''mindless sheep''. You remind me of little children throwing a tantrum. Do something if you are so upset! Just like Smudger though you do all give me a chuckle, bless...

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t see many people denying this to be honest. And its not a new revelation.

All I see is people trying to get possitive about the coming season because it doesn''t look as if anything is going to change. Now some people sit down and just moan about how good it isn''t and other understand the limitations and try to make the most of it.

If I go to a match I dont stop shouting / chanting / looking a prat because to me that is what match days are about. I go to enjoy myself. I have enjoyed the banter between sets of fans on occaisions when we havn''t won before. I remember 18,000 people being happy with mid table championship and cheering on Milligan, Carey and Forbes. I also remember 24,000 watching Etuhu, Safri, Huckerby and Earnshaw and not making much noise as the 18,000 only a few years before.

Football has changed in many many ways.
[/quote]

I think we all remember those times and I myself can go back much further but I can also not forget how somehow the clowns running our club have managed to squander more than 40 million quid additional income over the last few years while somehow leading us to the awful situation that we now find ourselves in, if we were being run by an Ipswich fan he couldn''t have made a much better job of destroying this club if he had tried.

I will get behind the team as always come the 8th of August but don''t hold out much hope of anything but a bottom half finish, we may have a new chairman and chief exec but on the pitch nothing has happened so far to make me think that this season is going to be anything but another struggle. There''s obviously still time but I can''t see things changing without some money coming in and that doesn''t look like happening anytime soon.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]ok, let me try and make it simple for you. You are happy to reward/put up with failure obviously. I am a manager for the local office of a national company. I get given stretching tasks and objectives. I am required to overcome barriers/obstacles in order to achieve these targets. If I do well, I get rewarded, if I don''t do well then I will get demoted or sacked, because if I do badly then my company does badly and we lose customers, and they will not want to reward failure. If you were given rubbish service by Tesco''s or BT then you would go somewhere else wouldn''t you? But because football support is an emotional attachment then the Delia''s of this world know that, even served up the complete dross as we have had these last few seasons, most of us will come back for more, and some of us ie IRN-BRU will apparently be overjoyed about it. And if we dare to complain, not renew or, gasp, horror, claim a rebate offered to us, then the emotional blackmail kicks in, and we''re not "true" supporters like you who will happily clap, cheer and wave, whilst NCFC goes down the toilet. Good for you.

Now off to listen to Morrissey and Joy Division to cheer myself up...[/quote]

There are a few irrelevant sentences about your job, targets etc but other than that every single sentance is simply wrong - and I can see that even with my head up my arse! Oh sorry correction - the last sentence makes some sense "Good for us" indeed...

Spot on brother. Sadly at this time of year there are always idiots who start talking about being "top six" etc...check out the thread from this time last year about predictions for the new season - half the people were saying we would make the play offs! Rofl.

We will just keep getting worse until she goes. The new board members are a joke. Some mug from the local paper (which is going down the drain almost as fast as the club) and a successful businessman - so successful and "ruthless" that he has no money to give us. Not that successful then.

Quite frankly I wish we had another 3 months of pre-season left so I didn''t have to face the latest round of misery so soon.

We are a league below Peterborough (how did they find money? Maybe they looked...) and Bryan Gunn is our manager. That is all you need to know.

p.s - I give it 12 months before McNally realises what he has walked into and looks to get out.

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]How about you use a suppository and dig out an answer to the problem then Cluck? None of you have one do you other than ''Delia Out'' and then some mythical saviour in? If that happened then great. If you are so upset with the clubs situation however - so something - stop coming, wave a banner but simply moaning on here about those of us that are going to be turning up again next season won''t change things now will it. All of you moaners need some back-bone - come up with an answer and take action or your the ''mindless sheep''. You remind me of little children throwing a tantrum. Do something if you are so upset! Just like Smudger though you do all give me a chuckle, bless...[/quote]

We don''t need a saviour...we just want our club back in the hands of someone who will put football first as opposed to the simple self promotion of Smith.....

I stopped going to games some time back like Smudger. Had many others had the same selfless attitude we would have removed Smith by now...but unfortunately there are too many like you who only care about yourself and your own personal entertainment on a Saturday.

I trust you and your ilk are now enjoying the fruits of your lethargy and weakness......

[quote user="LQ"]"cannot afford a transfer fee"

Oooh stop me, stop me; no, seriously, don''t...

Can we have that rebate argument again and I''ll show you how much L1 footie costs?

No?

Bugger.

[/quote]

Ooh yes please, LQ, show us!  After all you always have so many hard facts to back up your argument and you never do a runner when the debate has got a bit difficult for you.....

Will league 1 footy cost more than the £7m plus we will make in ticket sales alone this year?

Sadly there are still some who cant see this and would rather sing "Delias Barmy Army" to queen been outside portman road after losing the derby mate.

[quote user="IRN-BRU"]How about you use a suppository and dig out an answer to the problem then Cluck? None of you have one do you other than ''Delia Out'' and then some mythical saviour in? If that happened then great. If you are so upset with the clubs situation however - so something - stop coming, wave a banner but simply moaning on here about those of us that are going to be turning up again next season won''t change things now will it. All of you moaners need some back-bone - come up with an answer and take action or your the ''mindless sheep''. You remind me of little children throwing a tantrum. Do something if you are so upset! Just like Smudger though you do all give me a chuckle, bless...[/quote]

Same old same old IRN BRU,the fans who support the Cook spew out the same tired crap post after post,some of us stood up and let the club know how we felt and no it hasn''t changed a thing because she listens to the fools who are happy to support a second rate manager and second rate board,get a back bone you say well mate at least some of us are willing to fight for what we believe in and not just bend over a take it season after season,why support the person who has dragged us into league 1,why support the person who has destroyed a great football team with poor management appointments,why because you Delia lovers haven''t the stomach for a fight and frankly you must be bloody mad to think that the way forward is another season with Cooky and her puppets at the helm.

As i said on another post i''m looking forward to the season starting because i miss the match day experience during the closed season but in all honesty i believe we are in for another long hard season because the problem that has caused the decay within the club is still sitting pretty in her ivory tower,smiling smugly as the football club we ALL love goes down the toilet!!

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

We don''t need a saviour...we just want our club back in the hands of someone who will put football first as opposed to the simple self promotion of Smith.....

I stopped going to games some time back like Smudger. Had many others had the same selfless attitude we would have removed Smith by now...but unfortunately there are too many like you who only care about yourself and your own personal entertainment on a Saturday.

I trust you and your ilk are now enjoying the fruits of your lethargy and weakness......

[/quote]yeh.... Damn you all for supporting your football club. If you like me had stopped supporting your football club then your football club would be in a much better position......What a strange word some people inhabit.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

yeh.... Damn you all for supporting your football club. If you like me had stopped supporting your football club then your football club would be in a much better position......

What a strange word some people inhabit.

[/quote]

Well done for suppoerting the CLUB. Like the rest of us you are doing your bit, shame about those in charge hey?

The thing that annoys me about people like you barclay boy, is you lump people such as myself in with people who are genuinely fans of Delia, I''m a NCFC fan, not a delia smith fan, now apart from me being an optimist in life anyway football fills me with that optimism that only football can fll you with, sometimes it''s just blind hope but even so hence why i''m looking forward to next season and think we can do well, am i right? we''ll see come may.

That for me is what makes being a football fan such a special expierience, the highs and the lows because if you expierience the lows they make the next lot of highs feel that much better. So if you want to wallow in doom and gloom then thats your decision but for the love of god stop expecting and ridiculing everyone that wants to have a different outlook than you.

It''s not wallowing in doom and gloom Lambo, it''s simply being realistic, instead of pretending everything is going to be ok.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

What''s that I hear? is it Pope Benedict XVI on the phone? Why yes it is! .....he wants to discuss canonizing the two of you, congratulations your selfless devotion to the cause has paid off!

Just one question, what exactly is the flawed logic you are employing here?

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

yeh.... Damn you all for supporting your football club. If you like me had stopped supporting your football club then your football club would be in a much better position......

What a strange word some people inhabit.

[/quote]

This just shows how painfully immature you are......

There is more than one way to support your club. Either be an apologist and look away (that''s you)... or think long term and see of what you can do as an individual.

Want get... that sadly is the mindset of too many of you sheep on here.....