Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Is there anything behind the Derby obstinacy

other than their greed, or our parsimony?Are they still after Clingan, with Dickinson the makeweight? Have we rebuffed them with a high demand for Clingan. Or have they just given up on Clingan, and are trying to gain some money from us? (It''s good if we have been firm on Clingan and not let him go cheaply.) Derby have probably read about the Foulger offer on rebates!But Charlton are apparently still interested. Things could get interesting and disappointing.

Have Charlton ever declared an interest in Clingfilm? I hope we can offer the right money for Dickinson, maybe offer some more on promotion.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Have Charlton ever declared an interest in Clingfilm? I hope we can offer the right money for Dickinson, maybe offer some more on promotion.[/quote]Dickinson,Yes  

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Sorry, meant to have written are Derby interested in Clingfilm?[/quote]

If i was a Championship manager and had enough to spend 1.5million. Clinghan would definately be one player i would turn my attention into signing. Definately a top notch Championship player and with his great vision and first touch i wouldn''t be suprised if given the chance he would do well in the Premierleague where he has even more time on the ball and more space. A team like Burnley should be after him in my opinion, better than their current central midfielders and chance to prove his premiership worth. If they go down then would become a top player to try and get them back up again.. And afterall if he proves his premiership ability then hsi value goes up very nicely.. So as to whether Derby are interested in him, it would be a massive mistake if they weren''t in my opinion. But then again obviously as a Norwich supporter i hope we manage to keep him atleast until January and try to get back up. If we do well up until January, sit down with Clinghan and say, ''do you want to tie up a new 2-years deal or not?'' If he saysa yes then brilliant, if not then he will be sold in the January transfer window for about 1million. Giving us money to spend on wherever we feel needs strengthening for 2nd half of season :)

I posted in another thread a few days ago, that if Clingfilm stays, he needs to show the passion and commitment and not get arsey come January and want to move. If he is going to leave, then we need to sell at his prime and not let him go ala Croft.

Why don''t we offer him an improved contract for another 2 years and then come January, if he is not happy and WE WANT TO SELL, then let him go for a decent fee and as we all know, January prices are always a little higher than the summer.

[quote user="singing canary"]croft went to derby didnt he ? they owe us then !!![/quote]

Not really, we owe them for fooling them into signing the worst right winger i have seen in many years. Mark Rivers and Chris Lewellyn(left winger/striker) were even better that that rubbish!

Its simple Derby paid out £750,000 for Dickinson , if they are to be tempted to sell they will want to get at least £500,000 back , Norwich have probably made a couple of bids around the £100,000 mark .Its not the first time a selling club has said our offers are way off the mark .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its simple Derby paid out £750,000 for Dickinson , if they are to be tempted to sell they will want to get at least £500,000 back , Norwich have probably made a couple of bids around the £100,000 mark .Its not the first time a selling club has said our offers are way off the mark .
[/quote]

Is anything you post based on fact? Or is it all negetive assumptions? I am struggling to see why you support the club seeings as you seem to hate it/everything associated with it so much!

Derby are simply holding out for a bigger fee.  Nothing new there, it''s what selling clubs do.

What makes a change is that our new regime is, presumably, doing the same over Clinghan rather than rolling over when the first offer comes in.  He will no doubt be sold, but only when the price is right.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its simple Derby paid out £750,000 for Dickinson , if they are to be tempted to sell they will want to get at least £500,000 back , Norwich have probably made a couple of bids around the £100,000 mark .Its not the first time a selling club has said our offers are way off the mark .[/quote]

Is anything you post based on fact? Or is it all negetive assumptions? I am struggling to see why you support the club seeings as you seem to hate it/everything associated with it so much!

[/quote] Whats to like about this club at the moment , Delia Smith, cannot stand her , Bryan Gunn  a joke posing as a manager , League 1 football  and non league standard players . Everythings rosy, lets all clap along like you and a few thousand other idiots that are running this club into the ground.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its simple Derby paid out £750,000 for Dickinson , if they are to be tempted to sell they will want to get at least £500,000 back , Norwich have probably made a couple of bids around the £100,000 mark .Its not the first time a selling club has said our offers are way off the mark .
[/quote]

[/quote] Whats to like about this club at the moment , Delia Smith, cannot stand her , Bryan Gunn  a joke posing as a manager , League 1 football  and non league standard players . Everythings rosy, lets all clap along like you and a few thousand other idiots that are running this club into the ground.
[/quote]

OK so firstly you think I don''t have any issues with the way the club has been run (another assumption) and secondly you think I''m an idiot (assumption yet again). I do not like that Smith and co own a majority share in the club (doesn''t mean I can''t stand her but you are entitled to feel that way), Bryan Gunn IS the manager, can you change it? No, I personally think he will do ok (again differing opinions), I don''t want to watch league 1 football either so on that we agree however there is no point in banging on about how crap everything is and calling SUPPORTERS who try and be positive idiots for there is simply no need!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its simple Derby paid out £750,000 for Dickinson , if they are to be tempted to sell they will want to get at least £500,000 back , Norwich have probably made a couple of bids around the £100,000 mark .Its not the first time a selling club has said our offers are way off the mark .[/quote]

[/quote] Whats to like about this club at the moment , Delia Smith, cannot stand her , Bryan Gunn  a joke posing as a manager , League 1 football  and non league standard players . Everythings rosy, lets all clap along like you and a few thousand other idiots that are running this club into the ground.[/quote]

OK so firstly you think I don''t have any issues with the way the club has been run (another assumption) and secondly you think I''m an idiot (assumption yet again). I do not like that Smith and co own a majority share in the club (doesn''t mean I can''t stand her but you are entitled to feel that way), Bryan Gunn IS the manager, can you change it? No, I personally think he will do ok (again differing opinions), I don''t want to watch league 1 football either so on that we agree however there is no point in banging on about how crap everything is and calling SUPPORTERS who try and be positive idiots for there is simply no need!

[/quote]

BRILLIANTLY PUT, WELL DONE THAT MAN!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you think Nelson, Gill and Tudor Jones are non league standard, then you have not seen them play. Simple as that. Some questions for you if you will humour me...

Have you watched a match involving any of those three players?

Have you watched any football matches below Championship level?

Do you subscibe to Sky Sports and spend your days furiously stroking yourself to revolving images of Christiano Ronaldo and Steven Gerrard?

[quote] Whats to like about this club at the moment , Delia Smith, cannot stand her , Bryan Gunn  a joke posing as a manager , League 1 football  and non league standard players . Everythings rosy, lets all clap along like you and a few thousand other idiots that are running this club into the ground.[/quote]

Just because we are trying to be positive and SUPPORT the team it doesnt mean we agree with everything that is going on. I wish there was a billionaire who wants to take over, i wish we had a manager who was more experienced, i wish we were playing champions league football and had a team full over internationals but the facts are we don''t so get over it and support the club.