Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Re: About time we signed somebody isnt it?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .[/quote]Loan City... Honestly not having a dig but...Why do you support Norwich? Is there anything about the Club you like? How long have you supported them for? - its just that you never have a good word to say about anything at all. If I complained about something as much as you do I would grow up and stop complaining and find something else to take my interest. You just seem so miserable and negative... I used to like watching TV but it got on my nerves how much rubbish was on... so in the end i decided to not watch that much of it... In the same way... you seem to hate Norwich so why not go support another team where their is more regular success? I think you would be a lot happier as you clearly don''t seem to be able to cope with supporting a team in trouble... It must be hell on earth to live with you if you''re like this in general... not saying that you are but you must admit you come off as a complete miserable (insert any word you like here) on here. Would that be a total misrepresentation of your character?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .
[/quote]

I understand your point Loan, I was starting to think we had a chance this year but to sign Mcveigh would be a disgrace. He would not get a contract with any other league 1(or 2) club and were ment to be the top team in this league. Waste of  money that NEEDS to be spent well this season more than any.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .
[/quote]

Loan City... Honestly not having a dig but...

Why do you support Norwich?

Is there anything about the Club you like?

How long have you supported them for?

- its just that you never have a good word to say about anything at all.

If I complained about something as much as you do I would grow up and stop complaining and find something else to take my interest. You just seem so miserable and negative...

I used to like watching TV but it got on my nerves how much rubbish was on... so in the end i decided to not watch that much of it... In the same way... you seem to hate Norwich so why not go support another team where their is more regular success? I think you would be a lot happier as you clearly don''t seem to be able to cope with supporting a team in trouble...

It must be hell on earth to live with you if you''re like this in general... not saying that you are but you must admit you come off as a complete miserable (insert any word you like here) on here.

Would that be a total misrepresentation of your character?
[/quote]

Same as The Chirp!

[quote user="The Chirp"]agree on all that. Although i think drury is a very good left back at this level.

McVeigh would be a very decent signing as back up.

New signings are desp needed especially upfront... we need not one but two new strikers
[/quote]

I dont doubt Drurys ability to play very well at Left back for City next year. I do doubt his ability to stay fit for the whole season, and I dont want to see Lappin at left back really, so a back up left back would be a good idea. Maybe a veteran or youngster who can come in a do a job if required, we havent really got anybody to come in. The last thing we need is for Drury to get crocked in the middle of a good patch of form and to have nobody ready to replace him.

I like Lappin, but he is no left back!

the money i would imagine that would be spent on him would be the same or less than signing a loan player to act as cover for when the first 11 winger is injured. if you include the loan fee and wages etc... if mcveigh is on a pay as you play deal it makes sense to have him in the mix. on top of this, he has good experience, which will help the youngsters and the squad in general... he prob won''t sign anyway... eeither way it''s nothing to get excited or upset about... calling it a disgrace is a typical over reaction though from people on this mb... if you think that is a disgrace you''re highly strung. a disgrace is the money the mp''s have wasted... signing paul mcveigh on minimal terms is nowhere near a disgrace guys!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]agree on all that. Although i think drury is a very good left back at this level. McVeigh would be a very decent signing as back up. New signings are desp needed especially upfront... we need not one but two new strikers[/quote]

I dont doubt Drurys ability to play very well at Left back for City next year. I do doubt his ability to stay fit for the whole season, and I dont want to see Lappin at left back really, so a back up left back would be a good idea. Maybe a veteran or youngster who can come in a do a job if required, we havent really got anybody to come in. The last thing we need is for Drury to get crocked in the middle of a good patch of form and to have nobody ready to replace him.

[/quote]his injuries are an issue.. that''s why i was talking up john nutter loads on here and on my blog. he would have been excellent for the canaries... and what a great name ay!?

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .
[/quote]

If I complained about something as much as you do I would grow up and stop complaining and find something else to take my interest. You just seem so miserable and negative...

I used to like watching TV but it got on my nerves how much rubbish was on... so in the end i decided to not watch that much of it... In the same way... you seem to hate Norwich so why not go support another team where their is more regular success? I think you would be a lot happier as you clearly don''t seem to be able to cope with supporting a team in trouble...

It must be hell on earth to live with you if you''re like this in general... not saying that you are but you must admit you come off as a complete miserable (insert any word you like here) on here.

[/quote]

I have been thinking about this for a good five minutes, and I can only come to one conclusion. Loan City is Glen Roeder!!

Far too much time on his hands, not a single good word to say about city players, not a single good word to say about Norwich fans, clearly doesn''t like Norwich at all, hasn''t got a clue about football. Sounds like Glen Roeder to me!

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]agree on all that. Although i think drury is a very good left back at this level.

McVeigh would be a very decent signing as back up.

New signings are desp needed especially upfront... we need not one but two new strikers
[/quote]

[/quote]

his injuries are an issue.. that''s why i was talking up john nutter loads on here and on my blog. he would have been excellent for the canaries... and what a great name ay!?
[/quote]

Sounds like a great name Chirp, which nimble and flashy right winger would want to come up against John Nutter?

Can you put your blog in your signature? You would get a fair bit of traffic doing that mate, me included..... many of us are far too unorganised to bookmark things or subscribe to RSS feeds.  I used to click on Jim Kents occassionally and you get a lot more people reading this board then you think......

In fact, I cant think of any reason why you wouldnt stick a link in your sig, thats got to be the most effective source of traffic you could have for a City blog!

as someone who finds teletext a marvel can yoou tell me how to do that? it would be greatly appreciated! i triied doing links before but alas i am rubbish at anything techi!

[quote user="timncfc"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .
[/quote]

I understand your point Loan, I was starting to think we had a chance this year but to sign Mcveigh would be a disgrace. He would not get a contract with any other league 1(or 2) club and were ment to be the top team in this league. Waste of  money that NEEDS to be spent well this season more than any.

[/quote]

lol who says we are meant to be a top team in this league? [:S]

McVeigh is on trial for christ sake! Looking at some of the narrow minded, !d!otic (i''m sorry, theres no two ways about it on this occasion, some of the comments here simply are), and obtuse posts on here you''d think he''d already been signed. I, as many may know, am heavily against Gunn and the current reigime running the club, but some of the comments being made lately have soley been a poor excuse to impose criticism, while diverting attention away from the real problems that currently threaten our club.It''ll be up to the staff at the club to analyse whether McVeigh is still up to the task of performing at this level, and if they do choose to bring McVeigh back, chances are the contract is going to be payed majorly through a pay as you play deal, and it will most probably be a considerably small financial offer. Even if McVeigh failed to perform throughout the season with a contract under his belt, it would be far from a disgrace to of given him the chance to prove himself as we really would not of lost much in the process. And if we''re being completely honest, our club has done a hell of a lot worse things in the past, of which they should be ashamed of, ahead of giving a contract to an old familiar player with the fans and club that would of supposedly impressed on a trial. And those deeply hurt by such a decision undoubtedly need some sort of therapy, as i''d be genuinely concerned that if this minor scenario were to of effected you so much, just how much of an impact failure in the next season would mean to you? I''m only guessing, but on the brink of suicide i''d imagine.Get your heads screwed on people. Some of the criticism on here really is nothing short of embarassing.

[quote user="The Chirp"]as someone who finds teletext a marvel can yoou tell me how to do that? it would be greatly appreciated! i triied doing links before but alas i am rubbish at anything techi!
[/quote]

At the top right hand corner of the screen it says ''Edit your details''. Click on your username next to this, scroll down about half a page and their is a little box where you can type your signature. Just copy and past the URL of your blog into here. E.g. if you blog address was www.thechirp.com - just copy and paste this into the box. Then save the changes and hey presto!

I don''t think it will be long. I posted a thread recently about a number of deals going through last week:

Lee, Dickinson, Doyle and rumours of Mark Yeates coming in.

Hoolahan, Clingan and Pattison moving on.

These deals obviously haven''t gone through yet and we missed out on Yeates but I understand from my mate that the deals are still progressing with a lot depending on the Clingan deal going through. This is taking time at the moment with NCFC trying to get the best possible price.

Wade Small was shown around Colney towards the end of last week and is due to sign subject to a satisfactory medical, which will be thorough due to his past injury problems.

Jason Shackell is also interested in a season long loan deal which NCFC have been discussing with Wolves.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

I don''t think it will be long. I posted a thread recently about a number of deals going through last week:

Lee, Dickinson, Doyle and rumours of Mark Yeates coming in.

Hoolahan, Clingan and Pattison moving on.

These deals obviously haven''t gone through yet and we missed out on Yeates but I understand from my mate that the deals are still progressing with a lot depending on the Clingan deal going through. This is taking time at the moment with NCFC trying to get the best possible price.

Wade Small was shown around Colney towards the end of last week and is due to sign subject to a satisfactory medical, which will be thorough due to his past injury problems.

Jason Shackell is also interested in a season long loan deal which NCFC have been discussing with Wolves.

[/quote]

my mate saw Clingan in Tescos the other day with his family so he isnt out looking around and talking to other clubs at the moment maybe he wants to stay and i want him too regardless of the amount of money we would get

Yes, Internet Exploder is a pile of old poop... either click some ''compatibility mode'' nonsense somewhere in the IE browser or save yourself a lot of future time and effort and download a browser that actually works, like Firefox.... [:)]

If we keep Hoolahan, and we have Lappin, with Gill, Daley and Pattison capable of swinging to the left hand side from time to time, i think we''re just about done on the left, especially if either Huckerby or McVeigh come in. A decent new player in this position would be welcomed though, but by no means is it urgent.On the right hand side we have Smith, Tudur-Jones and Russell at a push available to play, but as most would point out, we really need at least 1 player who''s established on this side. Wade Small would be utterly ideal as a key player on this side, and if Neilson on trial impresses enough to win a contract, we''re done on the right wing.The keeper we bring in can only be a veteran. I don''t want someone in their teens or 20''s brought in. It has to be a keeper who can provide a positive influence on Rudd and Steer that only has 1 to 2 years left at this level of football so that we don''t become too familiar with keeping him in the role, therefore stunting the growth of ability and experience of what would be the young understudies, ala Joe Lewis.As for the strikers, bring in Lee and Dickinson, to go alongside Cureton, McDonald, Martin, Renton, Kelly, and Daley, and we need not have any serious worries for next season up front.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That comment makes you sound a right prat mate.

You dont just go and support another team because you are pissed off with the way things are going. If you are saying that in a serious manner you are a right dipstick!

Thats the new age fan for you I guess though, started supporting City when it became fashionable to support your local team, and when that fad wears off you will go back to watching man Utd or Arsenal on ceefax.

I dont know, these students and leftys get involved with the game and anyone who has a different opinion is a scummer.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been thinking about this for a good five minutes, and I can only come to one conclusion. Loan City is Glen Roeder!!

Far too much time on his hands, not a single good word to say about city players, not a single good word to say about Norwich fans, clearly doesn''t like Norwich at all, hasn''t got a clue about football. Sounds like Glen Roeder to me!

[/quote]

Prick!

[quote user="Wayne G"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .[/quote]Loan City... Honestly not having a dig but...Why do you support Norwich? Is there anything about the Club you like? How long have you supported them for? - its just that you never have a good word to say about anything at all. If I complained about something as much as you do I would grow up and stop complaining and find something else to take my interest. You just seem so miserable and negative... I used to like watching TV but it got on my nerves how much rubbish was on... so in the end i decided to not watch that much of it... In the same way... you seem to hate Norwich so why not go support another team where their is more regular success? I think you would be a lot happier as you clearly don''t seem to be able to cope with supporting a team in trouble... It must be hell on earth to live with you if you''re like this in general... not saying that you are but you must admit you come off as a complete miserable (insert any word you like here) on here. Would that be a total misrepresentation of your character? [/quote]

[/quote]

Prick!

[/quote]I missed Loan City''s tenure as England manager...

[quote user="Wayne G"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That comment makes you sound a right prat mate.

You dont just go and support another team because you are pissed off with the way things are going. If you are saying that in a serious manner you are a right dipstick!

Thats the new age fan for you I guess though, started supporting City when it became fashionable to support your local team, and when that fad wears off you will go back to watching man Utd or Arsenal on ceefax.

I dont know, these students and leftys get involved with the game and anyone who has a different opinion is a scummer.

[/quote]

Wayne you obviously misinterpreted The Chirps comments. He was referring to Loan City''s constant negativity towards the club, which he has NEVER ever had anything good to say. If you couldn''t interprete that then I am afraid it is you that is ''right prat mate''. I agree 100% with what The Chirp said. People like Loan City are bad for our club.

[quote user="Wayne G"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prick!

[/quote]

In case anybody wondered, Mr Wayne Gardener was calling me a ''pr*ck''.

I will refrain from replying directly to this sad man.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Wayne G"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Giving McVeigh a contract would be a disgrace , but untill we get new owners and a half decent manager its all we can expect .[/quote]Loan City... Honestly not having a dig but...Why do you support Norwich? Is there anything about the Club you like? How long have you supported them for? - its just that you never have a good word to say about anything at all. If I complained about something as much as you do I would grow up and stop complaining and find something else to take my interest. You just seem so miserable and negative... I used to like watching TV but it got on my nerves how much rubbish was on... so in the end i decided to not watch that much of it... In the same way... you seem to hate Norwich so why not go support another team where their is more regular success? I think you would be a lot happier as you clearly don''t seem to be able to cope with supporting a team in trouble... It must be hell on earth to live with you if you''re like this in general... not saying that you are but you must admit you come off as a complete miserable (insert any word you like here) on here. Would that be a total misrepresentation of your character? [/quote]

[/quote]

Prick!

[/quote]

In case anybody wondered, Mr Wayne Gardener was calling me a ''pr*ck''.

I will refrain from replying directly to this sad man.

[/quote]Why?You insult just about everybody on here (before later printing a retraction...), Juan/Ryan? 

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Wayne G"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prick!

[/quote]

I missed Loan City''s tenure as England manager...

[/quote]

I missed your tenure as Karren Brady''s official advisor....and personal confidante.