Sign in to follow this  
ca

Neil Adams to coach under 18's

I''ve a lot of time for Neil. Some people slate him for his fence sitting on Radio Nohope but he certainly knows his stuff.

Congratulations Mr Adams

Good chap that knows his football and cares about the Club.  Awesome Mr Adams and all the best.

Gawd, don''t forget we have My Football Writer for a decent conversation and impartial stories, oh......................

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...[/quote]Other way round surely. Unless you''re suggesting that commentating on the matches is more important to Neil than coaching...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...[/quote]Don''t really see the relevance.  No reason why he can''t balance the two roles. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...
[/quote]

He`s been in a coaching role at the Academy for a long time, apart from the aftermath of Roeder incident, I  know  from  personal experience  that he  is a really good coach  and works well with the boys, I  think this is a  good move. Yet another example however of  Gunn surroundinng himself  with his old mates, is this a good strategy, if it all works out well then I  suppose so  but I`m just begininng to get the feeling thats it`s a bit unhealthy, no real reason as to why, just a feeling.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...[/quote]

He`s been in a coaching role at the Academy for a long time, apart from the aftermath of Roeder incident, I  know  from  personal experience  that he  is a really good coach  and works well with the boys, I  think this is a  good move. Yet another example however of  Gunn surroundinng himself  with his old mates, is this a good strategy, if it all works out well then I  suppose so  but I`m just begininng to get the feeling thats it`s a bit unhealthy, no real reason as to why, just a feeling.

[/quote]He''s coaching under merit not for any other reason.  He''s very well respected because he''s good.  Nothing unhealthy about promoting someone who''s very very good at what they do and do it for the correct reasons.  Strange comment City Angel as I usually agree with you, because you see the ''bigger picture'' (dreadful clich''e).  How anyone could be unhappy about this is beyond me.

Yeh but this still doesn''t answer the main question for me. Neil wot aar they dern in trainun? Come on Neil, what they dern?

[quote user="AndyJR"][:D][quote user="Grif"]

Yeh but this still doesn''t answer the main question for me. Neil wot aar they dern in trainun? Come on Neil, what they dern?

[/quote]

Are you stupid Grif?  [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLsh9QtZMg

[/quote]

Haha it just doesn''t get much better than that does it? Classic.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...
[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s coaching under merit not for any other reason.  He''s very well respected because he''s good.  Nothing unhealthy about promoting someone who''s very very good at what they do and do it for the correct reasons.  Strange comment City Angel as I usually agree with you, because you see the ''bigger picture'' (dreadful clich''e).  How anyone could be unhappy about this is beyond me.

I agree, he is coaching the u18`s on merit.  The wider point was about Gunn being surrounded by his mates, is this a good thing, I have concerns about this, what happens when tough decisions have to  be made?  
[/quote]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...[/quote]

[/quote]He''s coaching under merit not for any other reason.  He''s very well respected because he''s good.  Nothing unhealthy about promoting someone who''s very very good at what they do and do it for the correct reasons.  Strange comment City Angel as I usually agree with you, because you see the ''bigger picture'' (dreadful clich''e).  How anyone could be unhappy about this is beyond me.

Whilst I take your point, as singular, Neil Adams has been there a long long time and as such should''nt be put under the banner of ''Gunny''s mates''.  Yes, fair enough I''m sure he''s a friend of Gunn''s but he''s not someone who has ''just'' been brought in, if you see my meaning.  

I agree, he is coaching the u18`s on merit.  The wider point was about Gunn being surrounded by his mates, is this a good thing, I have concerns about this, what happens when tough decisions have to  be made?  [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Donovan blake to be offered a match day role at the club by the end of the week...

jas :)

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]That''s like saying would Titus Bramble be a good signing? If he plays well then maybe so. Well duh.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Mister Chops"]So you put an Archant director on the board, and you put a Radio Norfolk summariser in a coaching role...
[/quote]

Don''t really see the relevance.  No reason why he can''t balance the two roles. 

[/quote]

Exactly...so why all the fuss about Stephan Phillips?

Suzie Fowler Watt is to be the new PA announcer and Julie Reinger is replacing the the Aviva dancing troup.

Getting better all the time!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That''s like saying would Titus Bramble be a good signing? If he plays well then maybe so. Well duh.
[/quote]

Cheap shot, easy to pick a phrase out of a para and shoot it down, Sun journalism, duh?