Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Away day mentality

This is something we have to change. All through the Worthington era bar the second half of our promotion season and all through the Grant and Roeder fiasco our away day mentality and been to play for a nil-nil. Ok I accept that the Fulham and Charlton games have by their very nature got to also be exception to this, but they more than any other games highlight the problem with our away day mentality.We don''t know how to win away because we do prepare to win away and do set out to win away. We play to keep it tight, we play to not concede and we adapt to chase the game once the plan fails.I know that we win the odd away game but quite frankly our away record is nothing short of shambolic.We must look this season to collect more point on the road through wins.

[quote user="LQ"]Do you get to many away games?

[/quote]A few. Not as many as I used to but what am I missing? very little.

it amazes me the difference between a Norwich City fan at home and away.

maybe Carrow Road is a comfort zone for many, but when Norwich fan''s go away they impress me so much with their attitude and singing.

I have been to many a away game and wonder why so few can make so much noise and yet carrow road be so quiet?Are the away supporters the same people that turn up at Carrow Road on match days?

[quote user="chicken"]I have been to many a away game and wonder why so few can make so much noise and yet carrow road be so quiet?

Are the away supporters the same people that turn up at Carrow Road on match days?
[/quote]

The grassroot fan travels to away games.... the la de da pansies go to the home games....

It really is that simple.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="chicken"]I have been to many a away game and wonder why so few can make so much noise and yet carrow road be so quiet?

Are the away supporters the same people that turn up at Carrow Road on match days?
[/quote]

The grassroot fan travels to away games.... the la de da pansies go to the home games....

[/quote]

What about the poor souls who travel to away games and also go to home games? Are they pansyroot fans[W][:^)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what if you don`t go to games at all yet still feel you know better than everyone else how does that work ?  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what if you don`t go to games at all yet still feel you know better than everyone else how does that work ?  [:D]

[/quote]

Ask Blahblahblahahahaha?

due to work commitments i can''t get to away games regularly.. used to make about 12 a season not too long ago....

my first away game was in 1998..... from 1998 to last season i have seen us win away 6 times... 3 at Ipswich, Twice at reading, once at Coventry.. we really are a shocking team on the road!

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about the poor souls who travel to away games and also go to home games? Are they pansyroot fans[W][:^)]

[/quote]

Welcome back...I''ve missed the verbal constipation you bring with you....

Maybe if we rooted out the pansies from CR then the grass could begin to grow again........

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe if we rooted out the pansies from CR then the grass could begin to grow again........

[/quote]

That may work but unfortunately the daisy roots tend to stifle healthy growth........

[/quote]

[/quote]

First of all Iwould like to know how we have ''so few'' away fans. We had some of the best fans (if not the best) in the Championship last season. But my main point is what make the fans that just go to home games ''pansies'' and the fans that go away so much better? I go to the odd away game, i went to Charlton in cup and ''that game'', Birmingham and PNE last year but every home game. Most fans dont want to travel the length and width of the country week in, week out and others just simply afford it with the financial situation. Rant over! 

No we didnt Ryan, we were in the bottom half of number of fans taken to away games. Due partly to a lack of weekend London games and our geographic location I think, but in terms of numbers we are nowhere near the top.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That may work but unfortunately the daisy roots tend to stifle healthy growth........

[/quote]

Must be a clear cut case for spraying them when they enter the ground then........

I believe Weedol produce a selective herbicide which would wilt the pansies yet leave the grass roots unaffected.......

I think we''ve cracked it.....  [;)]