Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Ince back at MK Dons

Some clubs just get it right when appointing managers , others give it to anybody who happens to be hanging around the club . Great appointment for them and he could of been here if we didnt want cheap spelt GUNN .

I think you will find that most people were really against Ince comeing here. And I imagine that as soon as a bigger job comes in, he will be off again.

No he didn''t.Ince blew it for himself by being a complete tit.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think you will find that most people were really against Ince comeing here. And I imagine that as soon as a bigger job comes in, he will be off again.[/quote]

...Ince doesnt seem such a bad appointment now; in comparison with Gunny; be careful what you wish for is the motto i think!

So far Ince has proven himself at Div 4 at a club punching above its weight at that level with transfer money.At Blackburn he failed to motivate the team or to bring in many players that were actually progress to their team. Even Worthington was able to do that at a premiship level and with less funds than him.I don''t understand where any hype over Ince has come from. He was a good player in his prime - nothing spectacular but solid and consistant. He could lead a team on the pitch but I dont think has really done much to prove himself at higher levels in management yet. He should have stayed with MK ''we''re not Dons'' and he could have been Champ by now.

[quote user="LQ"]No he didn''t.Ince blew it for himself by being a complete tit.

[/quote]i don''t want to disagree with you LQ as to me you seem like one of the only level headed people on here... however(!)  he (ince) had it in the bag pretty much and sold it as him and dion as his assistant... the board liked the idea of this and went to talk to dion. dion  said no way would he work with ince. he then said he thought gunn was the better man for the job. My source (there''s that word again!) knows everything that is going on at carrow road i can assure you. on top of this, a mate of mine knows stephen warnock or blackburn, he told his mates ince was the worst manager he''d ever known and couldn''t believe he was managing at all let alone the prem. He even told his mates to put a bet on him not lasting the season. Ince would have been a bad choice, as would the likes of kevin bond who also wanted the job.

Sorry Chirp but that''s not the story I was told and I hate to say it but my sauce is probably fruitier than yours on this one!Dion was never part of the Ince package, in fact the package was seriously teen weeny.

did yoou receive my pm... never sent one from here so no idea if you goot it or if you''re ignoring me! (ettiquette forbids that kind of behaviour)

It''s just the random football gossip that follows some people around, CiB.Apparently The Gaffer doesn''t like spending much time at training grounds, or even at work it seems!

[quote user="LQ"]It''s just the random football gossip that follows some people around, CiB.

Apparently The Gaffer doesn''t like spending much time at training grounds, or even at work it seems!

[/quote]

I can imagine that he would leave it to his coach and try and sort players/agents out etc.

I still stand by view that he would have been a bad appointment. I don''t think Gunn should have been given the job thou, my lowest choice, but he is here now.

Ignoring Gunn for a minute, I thank God that Ince didn''t come here.  Far too fond of himself, considers himself as God''s gift to football and has yet to really prove himself.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Ignoring Gunn for a minute, I thank God that Ince didn''t come here.  Far too fond of himself, considers himself as God''s gift to football and has yet to really prove himself.
[/quote]

I agree completely with you here, MK Dons have a good team and i would put any achievement they get this season pretty much down to them.* Now wait for him to prove me wrong throughout the season. [:P]

[quote user="LQ"]It''s just the random football gossip that follows some people around, CiB.Apparently The Gaffer doesn''t like spending much time at training grounds, or even at work it seems!

[/quote]

I''ve heard this too.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="OldRobert"]Ignoring Gunn for a minute, I thank God that Ince didn''t come here.  Far too fond of himself, considers himself as God''s gift to football and has yet to really prove himself.[/quote]

I agree completely with you here, MK Dons have a good team and i would put any achievement they get this season pretty much down to them.* Now wait for him to prove me wrong throughout the season. [:P]

[/quote]I don''t think he will prove you wrong.  After the usual first few game surge, he will do his best to destroy a pretty good side.  The comments that came out of Blackburn, even while he was still there weren''t exactly complimentary.

Ince took a Blackburn side that finished 8th or 9th the season before and took them to 19th... Yeah, would love to have him here.

Feel sorry for MK Dons fans, i quite like that club and wouldn''t mind seeing them finish as runners up to us.

I can understand why, he won them their first 2 trophies ever, and he has shown he''s decent at League 2 level with Macclesfield and them.

But like i say, i''m not too sure how good he''ll be this season, if he''s a success then good for them, like i say, i have no grudge against that club like a lot of fans.

I think Incy is the sort of manager to do very well in very specific circumstances. I personally don''t think those circumstances exist here.

[quote user="Lambo"]Ince took a Blackburn side that finished 8th or 9th the season before and took them to 19th... Yeah, would love to have him here. Feel sorry for MK Dons fans, i quite like that club and wouldn''t mind seeing them finish as runners up to us.[/quote]

How can anybody quite like the franchise club - if MK wanted a club they should have worked through the levels as everybody else has to , I hope they disappear without a trace as soon as possible

How would you like it if NCFC moved 70 miles to Bedford or Boston just like that - shouldn;t ever happen to any club

[quote user="Lambo"]Ince took a Blackburn side that finished 8th or 9th the season before and took them to 19th... Yeah, would love to have him here. Feel sorry for MK Dons fans, i quite like that club and wouldn''t mind seeing them finish as runners up to us.[/quote]

I''d like to see them finish bottom, which coupled with another promotion for AFC Wimbeldon next season would see the two clubs play each other in League 2.