Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Transfer rumour mill slow..

[quote user="Soldier on"]

Considering Gunny promised as many as 4 new signings next week.

Wheres everybody in the know?

OTBC

[/quote]

Want to show us where he promised 4 new signings? I missed that interview?

He did say he expected some movement this week...........possibly in "both" directions.

I actually expect some decent transfer action this week. All the mangement staff have said/hinted that there is a LOT of things going on behind the scenes.

We hear about the odd thing in the media (Dickinson) but most is kept very secret untill it''s all done and dusted.

You normally only hear about stuff in the media when a club (derby) is trying to extract more money for a player by getting interest from other clubs, hoping to start a bidding war.

When a club releases that they have rejected a bid because it''s too small........ they are really saying....... "YES the player is for sale if the price is right......... come and get him"

Below is a direct Gunn quote from one of the recent pinkun articles, about us letting Nelson leave:

“Myself, John Deehan and David McNally are working hard behind the scenes to tie up a few of the deals. We''ve done a lot of groundwork during the summer and we''re hopeful by the middle of next week we will have maybe three more faces in place. If we can do that, then the squad is starting to look solid, will certainly be contracted to Norwich City and that gives us an opportunity to be very competitive in the division.”

It certainly suggests that new players will arrive soon, and that they won''t be loans (though imo taking the odd one or two is sensible so long as they were worth their place in the squad).   Taking the three quoted, that would be 6 new permanent faces in, and we also have the return of Spillane and Martin - almost new signings themselves as neither was available to us last season due to Roeder.  IMO that is not too bad, but we have to wait and see who leaves and hope that we can replace them.

In another article Gunn did mention up to four new faces, I guess we will see next week...

Yep - he definitely said four new faces somewhere.  Dont worry its all going to happen this week, I can feel it in my water.

Yes but sadly I am reckoning it will be quantity not quality. Just guessing but

1) We will be linked with exciting players for this league....

2) We will ''just'' miss out on them

3) We will sign four players we have barely heard of

4) We will lose our three remaining good players: Doc (esp as he said I am staying!!), Clingan, Hoolahoop,

5) We will be told ''still time for loans''

6) We will start season minus a proven goalscorer

7) We will wonder why we are struggling

YES it is the NCFC Summer Groundhog Game

Must admit I am concerned about the striker situation, for the last few years we have been searching all summer and failed to recruit, Dion was the last "good signing" up front and I believe that he was originally signed as a centerback!  Hopefully a Lee or Liam will arrive this week.

We have at least some money to spend so hope it is used wisely.

Lee or Dickinson would be good but would also like to see Gow here if still possible.

I agree that a strong striker is the priority (along with a goalkeeper) and I hope it''s Lee, with perhaps Dickinson as well. I would also love to see Gow back, as he can play on either wing (though he prefers the left) and as a striker. Would he be willing to drop to League 1 though?

Personally thought Gow was poor in his time here. A few ggod games, Cardiff at home springs to mind, but went missing when the battles really started i.e. Ipswich away, Reading home.

Not for this league.

Hopefully, Wade Small, Dickinson, Lee and Doyle/Flahavan for me.

[quote user="willo"]

Personally thought Gow was poor in his time here. A few ggod games, Cardiff at home springs to mind, but went missing when the battles really started i.e. Ipswich away, Reading home.

Not for this league.

[/quote]

Gow was excellent until Lee came in and then was played out of position - I think he would do a great job in league 1

posted 3 Days Ago

You should give up just

because Derby have the nerve to ask for money for him!! We had him on

loan towards the end of last season, and he is absolutely useless! I

think he played about 5 games and never made a single decent touch or

anything. Aparantly he did well in League 2 for Stockport, but hasn''t

done anything since. Awful player, you should stay well away if you

want to succeed in this league.

posted 3 Days Ago

Its a crime against

everything when a club uis asking for money for him, should be kicked

out of the league never able to play again, at any level for such a

thing, last time such crimes were committed Leeds ended up with Thomas

Brolin!!!!

posted 3 Days Ago

I think you will find that they are reverse bids. IE Derby will pay Norwich to take him and so avoid paying him compensation.

posted 2 Days Ago

I would like to add to the previous 3 messages winkeyeHes awful. I think boopolo''s got it, derby should be paying you to get him off the wage bill. Worst striker ive seen for the club ever.

posted 2 Days Ago

i would also like to add we had him at huddersfield useless stay clear

posted Yesterday

Ey Up flatland

dwellers,Huddersfield fan here,we had LD on loan at the beginning of

last season and I reckon opinion amongst us regarding him was well

divided as he had a decent goal scoring record,but had a totally

apathetic attitude to the game.I think that you should put all your

money in to him and in doing so all other clubs fans can let out a sigh

of relief.LLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYY

posted Yesterday

He will never play for Derby County,trouble maker on training ground,trouble maker at a players residence.Saw

him on tv when on loan to Blackpool vs Wolves and he''s got the turning

agility of a barge. £750k we paid for this carthorse,So, Norwich please up your offer.

Sounds like another winner Gunny has unearthed .

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="willo"]

Not for this league.

[/quote]

Gow was excellent until Lee came in and then was played out of position - I think he would do a great job in league 1

[/quote]

I Absolutely Agree With You! [:)] Might As Well Get Him Here If Rangers Want Him Out.........

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]

posted 3 Days Ago

You should give up just because Derby have the nerve to ask for money for him!! We had him on loan towards the end of last season, and he is absolutely useless! I think he played about 5 games and never made a single decent touch or anything. Aparantly he did well in League 2 for Stockport, but hasn''t done anything since. Awful player, you should stay well away if you want to succeed in this league.

posted 3 Days Ago

Its a crime against everything when a club uis asking for money for him, should be kicked out of the league never able to play again, at any level for such a thing, last time such crimes were committed Leeds ended up with Thomas Brolin!!!!

posted 3 Days Ago

I think you will find that they are reverse bids. IE Derby will pay Norwich to take him and so avoid paying him compensation.

posted 2 Days Ago

I would like to add to the previous 3 messages winkeye

Hes awful.

I think boopolo''s got it, derby should be paying you to get him off the wage bill. Worst striker ive seen for the club ever.

posted 2 Days Ago

i would also like to add we had him at huddersfield useless stay clear

posted Yesterday

Ey Up flatland dwellers,Huddersfield fan here,we had LD on loan at the beginning of last season and I reckon opinion amongst us regarding him was well divided as he had a decent goal scoring record,but had a totally apathetic attitude to the game.I think that you should put all your money in to him and in doing so all other clubs fans can let out a sigh of relief.LLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYY

posted Yesterday

He will never play for Derby County,
trouble maker on training ground,
trouble maker at a players residence.

Saw him on tv when on loan to Blackpool vs Wolves and he''s got the turning agility of a barge. £750k we paid for this carthorse,

So, Norwich please up your offer.

Sounds like another winner Gunny has unearthed .

[/quote]

Interesting stuff, must add though that when we sold Chris Brown we couldn''t believe that we actually got a fee for him, people were actually congratulating Doncaster!!! Since then so many people have said how much they would have him back.......