Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Stephan Phillips answers your questions - updated Tuesday

[quote user="SNAP"]Sorry - still think Stephan has rather nievely missed the point. I don''t doubt his support. I don''t doubt his eagerness to "help the club" in any way he can. I don''t doubt that Eastern Counties Newspapers (as was) helped the club in the past. I just don''t think he has questioned the motives of those who invited him onto the board. Not being unkind, but I return to the simple question - would they have invited him if he had been the same Stephan Phillips but MD of a PR and Marketing company in the city? I think we all know the answer to that one - but maybe it has been lost on Stephan. It''s not him they want it''s what he represents and the effect he can have on others. What will be interesting is how he reacts when they call in the favour........[/quote]

another way of looking at it...If Stephan Phillips gets another job or just resigns as MD of Archant, will they still want him on the board?

[quote user="SNAP"]Sorry - still think Stephan has rather nievely missed the point. I don''t doubt his support. I don''t doubt his eagerness to "help the club" in any way he can. I don''t doubt that Eastern Counties Newspapers (as was) helped the club in the past. I just don''t think he has questioned the motives of those who invited him onto the board. Not being unkind, but I return to the simple question - would they have invited him if he had been the same Stephan Phillips but MD of a PR and Marketing company in the city? I think we all know the answer to that one - but maybe it has been lost on Stephan. It''s not him they want it''s what he represents and the effect he can have on others. What will be interesting is how he reacts when they call in the favour........[/quote]

It''s amazing how much the personal ego is prepared to overlook in the pursuit of recognition.

As for "calling in a favour"..... I suspect he will be in a permanent state of eager collusion... so returning any favour asked will be very much in his own interests.....

Once the celebrity gloss begins to wear off he may come to realise how cynically he is being used.

If he was on the ACG then perhaps yes?[quote user="SNAP"]Sorry - still think Stephan has rather nievely missed the point. I don''t doubt his support. I don''t doubt his eagerness to "help the club" in any way he can. I don''t doubt that Eastern Counties Newspapers (as was) helped the club in the past. I just don''t think he has questioned the motives of those who invited him onto the board. Not being unkind, but I return to the simple question - would they have invited him if he had been the same Stephan Phillips but MD of a PR and Marketing company in the city? I think we all know the answer to that one - but maybe it has been lost on Stephan. It''s not him they want it''s what he represents and the effect he can have on others. What will be interesting is how he reacts when they call in the favour........[/quote]

What favour?As I see it it''s SP doing the Board a favour! No money, no gifts, no taking up a seat in the Directors Box. Like the man says, if the Club ask you to help and you''re a fan who can, you help. Are you really suggesting he''s in it for the kudos factor? Seriously? A League One club that''s had years of turmoil, little money, no sign of heavy new investment, virtually ignored by the national press and he''s in it for the glory?Sorry, that just makes no sense to me.

[quote user="LQ"]What favour?

As I see it it''s SP doing the Board a favour! No money, no gifts, no taking up a seat in the Directors Box. Like the man says, if the Club ask you to help and you''re a fan who can, you help. Are you really suggesting he''s in it for the kudos factor? Seriously? A League One club that''s had years of turmoil, little money, no sign of heavy new investment, virtually ignored by the national press and he''s in it for the glory?

Sorry, that just makes no sense to me.

[/quote]

Whatever.....

[quote user="SNAP"]

another way of looking at it...If Stephan Phillips gets another job or just resigns as MD of Archant, will they still want him on the board?

[/quote]

Yes, but the board will be a plank.

Nobody asked him who we could bombard with emails now Doomcaster has gone?  Unless we can just continue to bombard doomie at the Scottish FA?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

''We have a really good Chief in David McNally.''

---> So why is he not CEO of Fulham?

Why isn''t Sir Alex the manager of Bury?

[/quote]

Sir Alex is not manager of Bury because the board at Man Utd. recognise how good he is.

So if  David McNally is so good why is he still not CEO. at Fulham?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So if  David McNally is so good why is he still not CEO. at Fulham?[/quote]Go on then Tangy, we give up, tell us?

From the HammyEnd - link here   http://hammyend.com/?cat=56

I’ve got no ill will in my heart towards David McNally. He was certainly a marked improvement on the laughable Bruce Langham, but the glossy picture painted by the Eastern Daily Press at Norwich is a little too selective for my liking.

McNally’s four years at Fulham meant that the Airness kit fiasco occured on his watch. The shoddy deal with Nike that saw club shop control evaporate followed and there’s no mention of McNally’s biggest blunder. Replacing Coleman as we sleepwalked towards relegation was a no-brainer. But the success of a decision like that depends on the quality of the successor. Lawrie Sanchez didn’t exactly guide us towards safety as watch as our rivals slipped closer to the abyss and McNally rewarded him with a full-time job.

Raking over the money Sanchez squandered in the transfer market is too painful. Since McNally was placed on gardening leave last June, he can’t claim too much of the credit for Hodgson’s very successful season. Going from a mooted job at Arsenal to chief exec at Norwich must be a bit of a come down. But I wish him all the best.

Pete, Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

However, you seem to aquired an edit facility you cheeky little monkey - any chance you want to share this with us?

I know that it criticised Archant, but there was a stroke of genuis by Duffman..... could have at least let First Wizard suffer as he tried to work it out!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I know that it criticised Archant, but there was a stroke of genuis by Duffman..... could have at least let First Wizard suffer as he tried to work it out!

[/quote]

Didn''t need a new thread really but here is Duffman''s reply...

Here we go again, another bad thread from 1st Wiz.   You really should just beat it and go and take a look at the man in the mirror.  It shouldn''t matter what is written in black or white by the EDP.  You are playing a dangerous game by criticising Archant.

You cant expect Archant and BG to heal the world and I personally think the relationship between the club and Archant is just good friends. We should give the club one more chance to get it right.   Remember the time this board took us to the premiership, it can happen again.  Strap yourself in old boy cos this season is going to be a thriller.

The way you make me feel when I see posts like this from you is pure anger.  You are not alone in your concerns for this club but please keep the faith.

Norwich City, I just cant stop loving you and thats just human nature. We were gone too soon from the Championship.

OTBC!

Along with Wiz''s original post...

Both are in bed with the board for various reasons.

Gunn won''t upset his paymasters, or for the good of the club walk, even though he plainly can''t compete in the transfer market. They in turn back and won''t sack a failed manager and imo a yes man, as he, in fear of losing his meal ticket, clings to his job like a limpet mine!

Archant with a man on the board are no better, and despite a fanfare of promises they won''t upset the board either.

[quote user="Duffman"]Wow that didn''t last long.   Pete is just a speed demon.
[/quote]

Very good Duffman. Not Bad at all...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

Here we go again, another bad thread from 1st Wiz.   You really should just beat it and go and take a look at the man in the mirror.  It shouldn''t matter what is written in black or white by the EDP.  You are playing a dangerous game by criticising Archant.

You cant expect Archant and BG to heal the world and I personally think the relationship between the club and Archant is just good friends. We should give the club one more chance to get it right.   Remember the time this board took us to the premiership, it can happen again.  Strap yourself in old boy cos this season is going to be a thriller.

The way you make me feel when I see posts like this from you is pure anger.  You are not alone in your concerns for this club but please keep the faith.

Norwich City, I just cant stop loving you and thats just human nature. We were gone too soon from the Championship.

OTBC!

Gunn won''t upset his paymasters, or for the good of the club walk, even though he plainly can''t compete in the transfer market. They in turn back and won''t sack a failed manager and imo a yes man, as he, in fear of losing his meal ticket, clings to his job like a limpet mine!

Archant with a man on the board are no better, and despite a fanfare of promises they won''t upset the board either.

[/quote]

Please Respond to;

Duffman

c/o Mrs D Smith

Norwich City Football Club

Carrow Road

Norwich

NR1 1JE

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

Here we go again, another bad thread from 1st Wiz.   You really should just beat it and go and take a look at the man in the mirror.  It shouldn''t matter what is written in black or white by the EDP.  You are playing a dangerous game by criticising Archant.You cant expect Archant and BG to heal the world and I personally think the relationship between the club and Archant is just good friends. We should give the club one more chance to get it right.   Remember the time this board took us to the premiership, it can happen again.  Strap yourself in old boy cos this season is going to be a thriller.The way you make me feel when I see posts like this from you is pure anger.  You are not alone in your concerns for this club but please keep the faith.Norwich City, I just cant stop loving you and thats just human nature. We were gone too soon from the Championship.OTBC!

[/quote]

Please Respond to;

Duffman

c/o Mrs D Smith

Norwich City Football Club

Carrow Road

Norwich

NR1 1JE

[/quote] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S] [:S]Leave Me Alone.

Sorry Pete, it still seems a strange place to put my thread............50% of it related to Gunn! questions for Mr Philips ........yeah right!