Sign in to follow this  
Romantic

Welcome Back To The Office Pete

Have fun tidying this lot up! It''s been a weekend for sun stroke, drinking and going potty on this forum! A tide of violence, homophobia, racism and bile has made it tricky to approach for those of us wanting to read or write on about football related stuff. You''re becoming a sort of Ban Ki-moon for NCFC. If it carries on like this I''d be applying for a status amendment and pay rise if I were you.

What football related stuff is there worth reading? A big fat nothing. Most of the stuff on here at the best of times is complete ballocks anyway.

Silly season happens every summer.

Feel free to report or point me in the direction of any posts you think should be ditched.

Hey, I was just replying to the hooligans thread to tell everyone who contributed to the 8 pages of response to such an inane little child that they were a bit silly for doing so.... then you pulled it... now no one will know how foolish they are! [:P]

That is ultimately the point Monkey... If no-one responds then the thread drops off quicker than if moderated. It''s frustrating to see 8 pages of responses to stuff like the Ginger Twins thread.

Cheers Pete - here''s hoping for some signings over the next few days so that we can at least get our blood pressure up over something other than potential scraps.

Its just the same on another board I use (Englandfans), yesterday was no different than on here.  Its what todays yoof do for kicks, wind people up on message boards.  Sad, but true.

[quote user="Romantic"]That is ultimately the point Monkey... If no-one responds then the thread drops off quicker than if moderated. It''s frustrating to see 8 pages of responses to stuff like the Ginger Twins thread. Cheers Pete - here''s hoping for some signings over the next few days so that we can at least get our blood pressure up over something other than potential scraps.[/quote]

It gave me a laugh anyway.....

Sad that others can''t just let things roll. Compared to the inane "rumour" crap it was a breath of fresh air.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Silly season happens every summer.

Feel free to report or point me in the direction of any posts you think should be ditched.

[/quote]

Ginger Twins and pass it on to police football intelegence, see how hard they are then. Pathetic thugs

[quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[quote user="Romantic"]That is ultimately the point Monkey... If no-one responds then the thread drops off quicker than if moderated. It''s frustrating to see 8 pages of responses to stuff like the Ginger Twins thread. Cheers Pete - here''s hoping for some signings over the next few days so that we can at least get our blood pressure up over something other than potential scraps.[/quote]

Sad that others can''t just let things roll. Compared to the inane "rumour" crap it was a breath of fresh air.

[/quote]

Exactly Cluck, I fell of my chair laughing then moved on.

[quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]I can''t agree with this I''m afraid Cluck. If it wasn''t a wind up then it''s indicative something I''m pleased we''ve moved on from. If it was a wind up then it was boring and the responses just perpetuated it. I agree with you on the rumour "crap" though. I''d say if it aint worth posting.... don''t post it. If it''s quiet then so be it. It''s not up to the likes of me to act as an arbiter of relevance though and I know that. I just took exception to the speed with which we (the forum) were reduced to threats, racism and the like.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]

I can''t agree with this I''m afraid Cluck. If it wasn''t a wind up then it''s indicative something I''m pleased we''ve moved on from. If it was a wind up then it was boring and the responses just perpetuated it. I agree with you on the rumour "crap" though. I''d say if it aint worth posting.... don''t post it. If it''s quiet then so be it.

It''s not up to the likes of me to act as an arbiter of relevance though and I know that. I just took exception to the speed with which we (the forum) were reduced to threats, racism and the like.
[/quote]

I have had the "race card" and all sorts levelled at me on here..... but I simply accept that different people will view things according to their own values. That goes for many things in this age of political correctness where we are told what to accept by our politicians or be castigated for it. A minority dictating to the majority which does not happen anywhere else in Europe or beyond and which simply creates more trouble than it solves.

Last night a bunch of kids (no doubt fresh off facebook with their virtual friends) decided to play silly buggers. It was just a bit of sport... and I was young once. Live and let live I say... and as for a "virtual threat"... how is that going to materialise?

Anyway... I''m officially a Nonce now to indicate that words are just that... words.

[quote user="giveitsum"]pete do you now feel that your integrity has been compromised by phillips actions[/quote]

Depends how much integrity you thought I had in the first place...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="giveitsum"]pete do you now feel that your integrity has been compromised by phillips actions[/quote]

Depends how much integrity you thought I had in the first place...

[/quote]

Pete, you''re the most integral person I know.

...What do you mean that''s not what it means?...

Oh...

Integrity has nothing to do with the size of your privates...

It made the forum more interesting than the usual stuff on here. Dunno why it worked so many people up, it''s pointless words typed on a message board and you don''t have to read if you click the big red X

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]

I can''t agree with this I''m afraid Cluck. If it wasn''t a wind up then it''s indicative something I''m pleased we''ve moved on from. If it was a wind up then it was boring and the responses just perpetuated it. I agree with you on the rumour "crap" though. I''d say if it aint worth posting.... don''t post it. If it''s quiet then so be it.

It''s not up to the likes of me to act as an arbiter of relevance though and I know that. I just took exception to the speed with which we (the forum) were reduced to threats, racism and the like.
[/quote]

I have had the "race card" and all sorts levelled at me on here..... but I simply accept that different people will view things according to their own values. That goes for many things in this age of political correctness where we are told what to accept by our politicians or be castigated for it. A minority dictating to the majority which does not happen anywhere else in Europe or beyond and which simply creates more trouble than it solves.

Last night a bunch of kids (no doubt fresh off facebook with their virtual friends) decided to play silly buggers. It was just a bit of sport... and I was young once. Live and let live I say... and as for a "virtual threat"... how is that going to materialise?

Anyway... I''m officially a Nonce now to indicate that words are just that... words.

[/quote]

I agree completely. Unfortunately the lack of anything of interest or excitement emanating from Carra means that people either post even more inane garbage than usual or spend less time on here. I have opted for the second option, but I see little point in getting too worked up about the stuff that''s posted. After all, we''re all grown ups aren''t we? Oh..........

By the way congrats on the canonisation Cluck. I''d always wished for something involving a cannon for you.....

[quote user="Beauseant"]By the way congrats on the canonisation Cluck. I''d always wished for something involving a cannon for you.....[/quote]lol Cluck............

............You''re fired! [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I agree completely. Unfortunately the lack of anything of interest or excitement emanating from Carra means that people either post even more inane garbage than usual or spend less time on here. I have opted for the second option, but I see little point in getting too worked up about the stuff that''s posted. After all, we''re all grown ups aren''t we? Oh.......... By the way congrats on the canonisation Cluck. I''d always wished for something involving a cannon for you.....[/quote]

Bless you my son.....

I was just trying to think of something apt to follow my nonce incarnation.....    [;)]

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I agree completely. Unfortunately the lack of anything of interest or excitement emanating from Carra means that people either post even more inane garbage than usual or spend less time on here. I have opted for the second option, but I see little point in getting too worked up about the stuff that''s posted. After all, we''re all grown ups aren''t we? Oh.......... By the way congrats on the canonisation Cluck. I''d always wished for something involving a cannon for you.....[/quote]

Bless you my son.....

I was just trying to think of something apt to follow my nonce incarnation.....    [;)]

[/quote]

Blasphemy.

[quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Cluck is a Nonce"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bless you my son.....

[/quote]

Blasphemy.

[/quote]

Buggericus.... I''ve just replied to you on another thread.....

Get down on your knees and spray......

[quote user="St. Cluck"]Bless you my son.....[/quote]Saint Cluck eh?..........

So THAT''S why you got so heated on the Southampton thread?  HAH! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="St. Cluck"]Bless you my son.....[/quote]Saint Cluck eh?..........

So THAT''S why you got so heated on the Southampton thread?  HAH! [:S]

[/quote]

Moi?  Heated?

It would take more than that to try the patience of a Saint......[;)]