Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Honeymoon period been and gone for Gunn!

Norwich City fans will expect positive results from Day 1 of the new season, and this includes all the pre season friendlies. Delia, Gunny and the rest of the management can expect heavy and sustained criticism if this proves not to be the case; there is no honeymoon period so lets hope they deliver.

To be honest, no over fussed on pre season, that won''t get us points,  but still good wins and more improtantly good performances by the chaps will allow a good start.

I like Gunn and I was glad he got the job. I am in agreement, though, that we need results from day one. I don''t care about preseason matches, but we need at least 7 points out of our first 4 matches. Its one thing to scrape by in the colaship, but if we really believe we are better than a league one team, we need to start strong.

The nerves would be steadied a bit by a significant signing.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I like Gunn and I was glad he got the job. I am in agreement, though, that we need results from day one. I don''t care about preseason matches, but we need at least 7 points out of our first 4 matches. Its one thing to scrape by in the colaship, but if we really believe we are better than a league one team, we need to start strong.[/quote]

7 points from 12 would be crap imo,we need to hit the ground running and i would hope for 10 from 12 at least!! Trouble is we need some major movement in the transfer window and as i can''t see that happening maybe 7 points is what we might be looking at!!This season is huge for the future of NCFC and as the Cook is still running the show i can''t see past another long hard slog of a season!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I like Gunn and I was glad he got the job. I am in agreement, though, that we need results from day one. I don''t care about preseason matches, but we need at least 7 points out of our first 4 matches. Its one thing to scrape by in the colaship, but if we really believe we are better than a league one team, we need to start strong.[/quote]

7 points from 12 would be crap imo,we need to hit the ground running and i would hope for 10 from 12 at least!! Trouble is we need some major movement in the transfer window and as i can''t see that happening maybe 7 points is what we might be looking at!!This season is huge for the future of NCFC and as the Cook is still running the show i can''t see past another long hard slog of a season!!!

[/quote]Very true, have you seen the opening fixtures newyorkcanary?

[quote user="ACE"]The nerves would be steadied a bit by a significant signing.
[/quote]

How very true,we need some players and two new forwards would be a big help in settling the entire fanbase of NCFC''s nerves,the front two would have been priority number 1 if i was manager.Cody is going to be a top player but maybe not this year and Barn door is well..Barn door,Martin for me is maybe the guy, if he''s in the mood he could be a big player for us this season.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Particularly as we''re playing three of the newly promoted clubs plus (depressingly) our closest rivals in the league

Well, last year, the #2 team in League One won automatic promotion on 89 points, or 1.94 points per match.

Scunthorpe came in 6th (and got promoted) on 76 points, or 1.66 points per match.

I figure that even though our schedule starts a bit weak, I would not mind a 1.75 points per match clip, which is what 7 from 4 would yield. Also, some of these minnows will be "up" for us, just looking to nab a point, so sometimes a point is all we''ll get.

I think NYCanary is not far off the mark. I would like to see City aiming at 2 points per match overall and that would be 8 from the first 12.

The signings so far have been good, IMO, but the 9 and 1 positions should be filled soon. The others can fill in later.

Colchester United (H) - WinExeter City (A) - WinBrentford (A) - WinWycombe Wanderers (H) - Win3 promoted teams and Colchester at home. I expect 12 points.

[quote user="Spartan"]Norwich City fans will expect positive results from Day 1 of the new season, and this includes all the pre season friendlies. Delia, Gunny and the rest of the management can expect heavy and sustained criticism if this proves not to be the case; there is no honeymoon period so lets hope they deliver.[/quote]

Carrow Road is going to be a pretty poisonous place if/when the first home defeat comes along against a real minnow (particularly if it comes about because of one of Gunn''s "masterstrokes")

Unfortunately not Bump!

Colchester yes - but Exeter and Brentford wont be easy - 2 draws will be good results.  Wycombe should be a win at CR - so thats the 8 points.  If we get more than that I think it will be a def bonus

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Unfortunately not Bump!

Colchester yes - but Exeter and Brentford wont be easy - 2 draws will be good results.  Wycombe should be a win at CR - so thats the 8 points.  If we get more than that I think it will be a def bonus

[/quote]

Here we go.......

Exeter and Brentford?........

FFS.

What gives us the right to expect 12 points from the first 4 games. We are playing two promoted teams at the worst time possible. They generally make strong starts to the season carrying on with positive form from the promotion.

I agree that 7 - 8 points would be a good start to the season.

People need to get to understand we are a League 1 team the same as the other teams in this league and have no God given right to beat teams just because they don''t sound like a big team. This sort of arrogance will not help. Most teams are going to be up for beating us this year and ignoring the childish nature of the Ginger Twins post there was a lot of truth in what they said. There will be plenty of teams fans up for the Norwich games as well this year.