Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Interesting debate on a board i occasionally post on.

http://www.thelastkick.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,116.30.html

After Leeds most people think we''ll win the title this season.

I personally think Brighton might have a pretty good season. They''re pretty flush from what i''ve heard.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Huddersfield for me.[/quote]

Not sure I can agree. I think Charlton could be contenders, MK Dons could be contenders and Leeds could be contenders.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]

Not sure I can agree. I think Charlton could be contenders, MK Dons could be contenders and Leeds could be contenders.

[/quote]

I think I out rank you by some considerable way Cardinal.....

Say three hail Delia''s and pray for your salvation my son ....

NEXTICUS......

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="TheCardinal"]

[/quote]

NEXTICUS......[/quote]

Cluck. Sadly you do not qualify for Sainthood. You are still alive. Please vacate your falsely assumed title, or prepare for the holy vengence of God.

Kind regards,

The Cardinal

[quote user="Lambo"]http://www.thelastkick.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,116.30.html After Leeds most people think we''ll win the title this season.[/quote]

only 5 people have voted for norwich youve had more replies to this thread

[quote user="TheCardinal"] Cluck, You are still alive. [/quote]Until he meets the ginger twins..............

Did you actually read the topic at all?? That was a 3 page topic on it.

[quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="TheCardinal"]

[/quote]

NEXTICUS......[/quote]

Cluck. Sadly you do not qualify for Sainthood. You are still alive. Please vacate your falsely assumed title, or prepare for the holy vengence of God.

Kind regards,

The Cardinal

[/quote]

I am risen.......

The Lord has pronounced my pilgrimage to be the Patron Saint for all sheep.... alongside the franchise for kosher mutton in the Norfolk area......

Let us kneel together and thank God for all our gifts... excluding NCFC merchandise for which we must surely thank St. Delia.

Our Delia who art in Devon... Hallowed be thy game.... Thy pheasant done....Thy underdone....etcetera-icus.

It is tough to vote for NCFC when we are yet to actually buy a player!

Thats a very good shout Petey. Clark is a very good manager and I would have been happy if he had taken over here when GR left.

Other than that, I reckon we, MK, Charlton, Leeds and Brighton will be in the mix and have a snaeky feeling that Southampton will get themselves back in the mix.

I still think we are in with a good shout.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="ACE"]It is tough to vote for NCFC when we are yet to actually buy a player!
[/quote]

Tudur Jones?

[/quote]

...perhaps he''s the exception that proves the rule!? 

Some are still far too hung up on this free transfer stuff, it completely misses the point that many players - such as Nelson - turn down improved terms from their clubs in order to make a move, so it is purely a timing thing that makes them free agents.  

For me, it is far more relevant that the player is any good rather than that we have paid a fee for him: the transfer fee is becoming rather a large red herring.  If you look on the pfa website there are literally hundreds of players on there, and I''m sure you could make a pretty good side from some of them - certainly in League 1; there have been many released from Championship sides who I''d welcome.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="ACE"]It is tough to vote for NCFC when we are yet to actually buy a player!
[/quote]

Tudur Jones?

[/quote]

...perhaps he''s the exception that proves the rule!? 

Some are still far too hung up on this free transfer stuff, it completely misses the point that many players - such as Nelson - turn down improved terms from their clubs in order to make a move, so it is purely a timing thing that makes them free agents.  

[/quote]

May the Lord bless your wisdom. Even if you have named yourself after the Devil''s relish!

You are very right. Free transfers are not always unwanted players. Matty Gill was offered a new deal by Exeter. Swansea wanted to keep Tudur Jones, but I think the Martinez situation coupled with him not playing regularly helped us steal a march there. Finally, Nelson was offered a new deal and rejected it - he wanted to go elsewhere.