Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Doc to Derby?

Doc is our best central defender.  He gives 100%, never shirks a 50-50 challenge and more often than not is in the right place to clear our lines when our full backs and midfield have once again gone AWOL.  He was good last year, he will be good this year, and anyone who thinks he''s a waste of time either doesn''t watch Norwich City play on a regular basis or expects every Championship (and League One) centre back to play like Rio Ferdinand.   I could list several players who "cost" us more points last year than Doc...OtsemoborKennedyRussellMarshallCureton

To name but 5.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc is our best central defender.  He gives 100%, never shirks a 50-50 challenge and more often than not is in the right place to clear our lines when our full backs and midfield have once again gone AWOL.  He was good last year, he will be good this year, and anyone who thinks he''s a waste of time either doesn''t watch Norwich City play on a regular basis or expects every Championship (and League One) centre back to play like Rio Ferdinand.   I could list several players who "cost" us more points last year than Doc...

Otsemobor
Kennedy
Russell
Marshall
Cureton

To name but 5.

[/quote]

I can only agree with this. In the early days I was not Doc''s no.1 fan but he has been solid for the past couple of seasons and I don''t think we would get much better at our level now!

I didn''t start this thread as a ''lets batter the Doc'' thread I was merely passing on what I had read. I am extremely surprised at the attitude of many ''Norwich fans'' who just want to slag off our players. I was not Fozzy''s biggest fan or Hughes previous to that but in the last few days all I have read is negative comments about Doc, Otsemobor, Drury, Cureton, Russell and Holahan.

Wake up guys, we are where we are and although I don''t think we should accept second rate players or accept second best we are not going to get much better than some of these players.

When do we start to support the team?!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc is our best central defender.  He gives 100%, never shirks a 50-50 challenge and more often than not is in the right place to clear our lines when our full backs and midfield have once again gone AWOL.  He was good last year, he will be good this year, and anyone who thinks he''s a waste of time either doesn''t watch Norwich City play on a regular basis or expects every Championship (and League One) centre back to play like Rio Ferdinand.   I could list several players who "cost" us more points last year than Doc...OtsemoborKennedyRussellMarshallCureton

To name but 5.[/quote]Spot on. 100%.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc is our best central defender.  He gives 100%, never shirks a 50-50 challenge and more often than not is in the right place to clear our lines when our full backs and midfield have once again gone AWOL.  He was good last year, he will be good this year, and anyone who thinks he''s a waste of time either doesn''t watch Norwich City play on a regular basis or expects every Championship (and League One) centre back to play like Rio Ferdinand.   I could list several players who "cost" us more points last year than Doc...

Otsemobor
Kennedy
Russell
Marshall
Cureton

To name but 5.

[/quote]

100% rubbish

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc is our best central defender.  He gives 100%, never shirks a 50-50 challenge and more often than not is in the right place to clear our lines when our full backs and midfield have once again gone AWOL.  He was good last year, he will be good this year, and anyone who thinks he''s a waste of time either doesn''t watch Norwich City play on a regular basis or expects every Championship (and League One) centre back to play like Rio Ferdinand.   I could list several players who "cost" us more points last year than Doc...OtsemoborKennedyRussellMarshallCureton

To name but 5.[/quote]

100% rubbish

[/quote]Back it up. I dare you. Tell us the games where Doherty cost us points.

Otsemobor
Kennedy
Russell
Marshall
Cureton

To name but 5.

[/quote]

Amen to that.

I may have had some reservations about Doc when playing in the Championship but I believe he will be absolutely immense for us in every respect in League One.............. plus, I think he''s a thoroughly nice bloke.