Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Doc to Derby?

I like the comment about him being a good back up striker. Defender yes, striker no.....

"Been around for what seems like donkey''s years, I''d say he''d be a decent squad player to come in if we had any injuries instead of relying on the youngsters but I would rather keep Alby and Nyatanga."

Did he mean, "He''s been a bit of a donkey for years...", do you think?

Maybe he`s being used as a makeweight as part of Dickinson coming this way?? If Derby are refusing to let him come for less than they paid for him (ie £750,000) then what would you think regarding a straight swap with the doc??

[quote user="Mutley"]Maybe he`s being used as a makeweight as part of Dickinson coming this way?? If Derby are refusing to let him come for less than they paid for him (ie £750,000) then what would you think regarding a straight swap with the doc??[/quote]

I would bite their hand off. It would more like be something like 250k + Doherty.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Mutley"]Maybe he`s being used as a makeweight as part of Dickinson coming this way?? If Derby are refusing to let him come for less than they paid for him (ie £750,000) then what would you think regarding a straight swap with the doc??[/quote]

I would bite their hand off. It would more like be something like 250k + Doherty.

[/quote]

Juan, I thought from the posts you started earlier that you thought Doherty was indespensible?

I''d love to get Rid of this idiot and replace him with a young-up and coming centre half to go along side Stefanovic..PLUS I would Love to see the Doc at Derby.. upfront!

SELL SELL SELL !!Infact, send Doc to Derby with a £20 note in his pocket.When he gets to Derby he can give that £20 to the gaffer and tell him its his transfer fee !

Does anyone else think that this guy may of had a case of mistaken identity with Fozzy,after all it was quite a strong statement of intent earlyer last week of wanting to captain the side back to the Championship.[^o)]

I think we need Docherty in league one.  To the people who want him out, who else would we get better??????????

probably dropped in on an old poster on here, T07 - He''s a coach at derby, Norwich fan, mate of lots of players and his nephew used to work at Colney.......Doubt Clough would be interested in Doc

Can we do a cash plus Doc swop for a traffic cone for the Car Park or similar.  Would save us 10pts a year in penalties and free kick goals alone.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Would save us 10pts a year in penalties and free kick goals alone.[/quote]

I think you''ll find he didn''t cost us 10 points last year but never mind.

[quote user="ACE"]I think we need Docherty in league one.  To the people who want him out, who else would we get better??????????
[/quote]

My Nan''s available.

[quote user="pieman"]

[quote user="ACE"]I think we need Docherty in league one.  To the people who want him out, who else would we get better??????????
[/quote]

My Nan''s available.

[/quote]

Available to replace The Doc that is, not for any other reason!!

[quote user="pieman"][quote user="pieman"]

[/quote]

My Nan''s available.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s it! Build up my hopes then go & shatter them!

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Can we do a cash plus Doc swop for a traffic cone for the Car Park or similar.  Would save us 10pts a year in penalties and free kick goals alone.[/quote]Can you actually back up this statistic? And would you care to offset it against the times he''s stopped goals with good tackles, valuable blocks and by putting his body on the line?Oh forget it, you''ve already made up your mind, I don''t even know why I''m wasting the energy to type...

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Punting Canary"]Can we do a cash plus Doc swop for a traffic cone for the Car Park or similar.  Would save us 10pts a year in penalties and free kick goals alone.[/quote]

Can you actually back up this statistic? And would you care to offset it against the times he''s stopped goals with good tackles, valuable blocks and by putting his body on the line?

Oh forget it, you''ve already made up your mind, I don''t even know why I''m wasting the energy to type...
[/quote]

Why are you?

Please let this be true it would make my year. Clough certainly hasn''t inherited his fathers instincts.Christ he is buying all our awful players that played a huge part in bringing us down to this level!God I hope I have seen the last of The Donc in a yellow and Green shirt!!![<:o)]

Actually Cloughie (in his autobiography) credited most of his better recruits to Peter Taylor''s judgement. Part of the reason he went downhill from the mid 1980s was due to the absence of Peter Taylor, as well as his drink problem.

Nigel Clough has done a realy good job with Burton having been their manager for circa 10 years and probably has a well honed eye for lower leage talent.

He hasnt bought any our awful players, simply picked up our player of the season on a free. I would be astonshed if Docherty and Fotheringham end up at Derby.

I think you are being harsh TBH, and believe me I am no fan of Docherty![quote user="pieman"][quote user="pieman"]

[quote user="ACE"]I think we need Docherty in league one.  To the people who want him out, who else would we get better??????????[/quote]

My Nan''s available.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I long for the day that doherty is no longer a Norwich player! And i''m comforted by the fact that he isn''t getting any younger! Let''s face facts, had kennedy and dejan not got injured, Donkey wouldn''t of got a sniff in last season! His hopeless. Anyone that says otherwise are clearly happy that this muppet has anchored our defense and been part of a team that''s been relegated twice. Not too many people have that on their cv!