Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Have any of these new board members got serious money?

These new board members have plenty of business experience but have any of them got serious money to give away?  I notice that Smith and Jones are still majority shareholders and therefore will still have the final say. We still seem to be lacking the most important ingredient for me.....money.

Unless I''m very much mistaken neither McNally nor Phillips has serious money. Bowkett certainly did at one time, through a successful deal involving Magnet back in 1994. Money or not now, he is a heavy-hitter in the City and a strong choice as chairman.

What they have got is serious business & financial acumen, and serious credibility - we will have a Board that will take this Club foward now, and even more important, the two new Directors are genuine NCFC supporters. The cash (investment) will follow. And given their pedigree, any suggestions of this Club going ''bust'' can be set aside.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="GMF"]one member, one vote, what a muppet[/quote]

You having a laugh? You t*t! 

[/quote]

What corporate world do you live in?

Let me see who''s more realistic, here? Your stance, the club is run by dictator delia, what she says goes, oh, and no one can be a director unless they''ve got lots of money to throw around, or, where corporate governance is conducted in a professional manner?

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]No money Smith and Jones still running the show , nothings changed as expected.[/quote]I''m not sure what you expected, but there was never a serious suggestion that the appointment of new directors would lead to a change of ownership in the near future.

Post title is still the biggest unanswered question for me,has the cook brought some more puppets to the table or a serious cash injection? We need money not business skills!!!

[quote user="GMF"]one member, one vote, what a muppet[/quote]

In theory - but just read that Archants guy''s fawning comments about The Cook and co. He ain''t exactly going to vote against her is he!!

I just hope the Bowkett guy and McNally show some backbone, if not then please explain how we have moved forward? 

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Post title is still the biggest unanswered question for me,has the cook brought some more puppets to the table or a serious cash injection? We need money not business skills!!![/quote]

Smith has simply bought more time and effectively silenced the local press...

It really is as bad as it can get from the viewpoint of transparency........

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Post title is still the biggest unanswered question for me,has the cook brought some more puppets to the table or a serious cash injection? We need money not business skills!!![/quote]yes we do need money NOW  but BUSINESS SKILLS can bring money to the club [Y]

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Post title is still the biggest unanswered question for me,has the cook brought some more puppets to the table or a serious cash injection? We need money not business skills!!![/quote]

[/quote]

Just seems to me that this is getting worse,we needed a cash injection and that doesn''t seem to have happened,we have moved sideways not forward!! Surely the new Chairman has some money to put in?!?!?

Frankly, I don''t give a damn about his opening words of praise, it''s what he does in the boardroom that counts.

If you''re seriously suggesting his voting habits are going to influence his voting patterns going forward, so be it. However, virtually all people in his position get to where they are based upon their leadership, experience and commercial nous, rather than being merely "yes men."

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="PhatCanary"]Post title is still the biggest unanswered question for me,has the cook brought some more puppets to the table or a serious cash injection? We need money not business skills!!![/quote]yes we do need money NOW  but BUSINESS SKILLS can bring money to the club [Y][/quote]

Agreed but we need money now,we can''t wait around another five years for the money to start coming in,lets hope Bowkett has some spare millions to waste but as no one seems to have the answer to that we will AGAIN have to wait and see.

people go on about us not being in a good location to attract serious investment but today is a sad day, yes the people brought in may have superb business skills (and we wait to see if this is enough to attract investors) but how on the same week can plymouth announce investment from Japan which could provide them with crucial funds and still keep on the board the ''local'' businesmen

Nobody is going to invest in this club while Queen Delia is running the show , get rid of her and all our problems will be solved , let her carry on as she has been and we will be relegated again within 5 years .

Had a chuckle at the Archant connection, but truth is none of us knows how it will go, so we wish them well, and look forward to a more robust approach at Board level. I certainly hope they will not be putting in their own money, as this Club needs to start to be more self-sufficient, and to move away from the infantile practice of looking to other rich people to bail us out. This path will only lead to the disastrous situation which we see at most of our so called successful premiership Clubs. These Clubs are in fact crippled with debt, and walking a very rocky road.

Just heard the new chairman on telly, made it quite clear there is no new money.  What is the point of new directors - they may as well have kept Roger, what''s the difference?  As for the archant, totally wrong, Delia controlling the media now, its the sort of thing they do in China, very poor move.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]What they have got is serious business & financial acumen, and serious credibility - we will have a Board that will take this Club foward now, and even more important, the two new Directors are genuine NCFC supporters. The cash (investment) will follow. And given their pedigree, any suggestions of this Club going ''bust'' can be set aside.[/quote]

Possibly, but remember this - exactly 2 years ago fans were hyping up the Turners appointments in similar fashion. Look what happened!

[quote user="corbs"]Had a chuckle at the Archant connection, but truth is none of us knows how it will go, so we wish them well, and look forward to a more robust approach at Board level. I certainly hope they will not be putting in their own money, as this Club needs to start to be more self-sufficient, and to move away from the infantile practice of looking to other rich people to bail us out. This path will only lead to the disastrous situation which we see at most of our so called successful premiership Clubs. These Clubs are in fact crippled with debt, and walking a very rocky road.[/quote]

Think you are asking for the impossible there, the way football is the only way we can survive is by people pumping their own money into the club. Not saying it''s right but that''s how it is I''m afraid, we have sunk to our lowest level as it is so without any outside funding we could well be in the conference within a few years.

They have little money and I would not be surprised if none at all has been invested in to NCFC as we speak.

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

Just heard the new chairman on telly, made it quite clear there is no new money.  What is the point of new directors - they may as well have kept Roger, what''s the difference?  As for the archant, totally wrong, Delia controlling the media now, its the sort of thing they do in China, very poor move.

[/quote]

Spot on Keith... [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

They have little money and I would not be surprised if none at all has been invested in to NCFC as we speak.

[/quote]

Fantastic stuff

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

Just seems to me that this is getting worse,we needed a cash injection and that doesn''t seem to have happened,we have moved sideways not forward!! Surely the new Chairman has some money to put in?!?!?

[/quote]

I can tell you''re not a poker player, you never EVER give away any signs of what you may or may not have.  Tell the world and his dog what you have invested, and you have players prices hiked beyond belief.

Come on people let''s just wait and see.

We know it''s not going to be billions, but we then we don''t know that it''s not millions.