Sign in to follow this  
Future Radio

John Tilson Accuses Club of U Turn - Download Interview

[quote user="LQ"]Guacamole, actually.

[/quote]

Leave the stone in the dish and put it in the fridge....It maintains the flavour quality.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Future Radio"]In a remarkably frank and candid interview on Future Radio with Tim MacWilliam, John Tilson accuses the football club of a U turn with the arrival of three new Directors and reveals his own straight talking points of view on the coming season

Listen or download the interview here http://www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac
[/quote]

OK........ Mr Tilsons first point about Mr Bowkett not seeking to join the board in May has already been answered if he would have bothered to listen to the CW interview.

He said "If you would have said to me a month ago that I would be chairman of Norwich I would have said you were crazy"

So Mr Tilson is knocking a guy who was extremely vocal against the way the club was being run.?????????.................. If Delia would have appointed a Yes man he would have moaned about that too........

Just moaning for moanings sake......

We needed big changes at the club........... yet Mr Tilson is complaining about the u-turns/changes ?          So should we have kept on down the same path?   Makes NO SENSE whatsoever.......

Moan about changes.............. moan about no changes

After a fan sent in a stroppy text slamming Mr Tilson and the horrible job he is doing he claimed he is acting on a questionaire sent out in December to members...........

How does THAT apply to all the recent comments about the new board members? Those were not on the "questionaire"

I am sure many members would have been in favor of bringing in an independant thinker like Mr Bowkett to the board and geting rid of ND and RM.

Next he complains that any board representative will not be able to tell the fans directly anything of a confidential nature said in the boardroom............

What?  This is the same for EVERY club in the land!  Silly argument, total nonsense.

Mr Tilson then agrees with the interviewer that it all boils down to what happens on the pitch............He then complains about the strength of the current team

The same Mr Tilson who suggested in press releases that the fans should NOT contribute to the first team budget to "send a message"

NCISA has a few hundred members out of a fan base of probably 40-50,000.........

According to the text read on the air and posts on various message boards their support is getting smaller by the day..........

The good news is that NCISA has the support of Smudger and his ilk who favor the club going into liquidation.............

[/quote] And the Board has supporters like you , i know which i prefer .Any mention of NCISA or John Tilson and you can be sure you will pop up with your petty digs , maybe you should stick to Gridiron and your American buddies .
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/dreamer_bj21/2hfpbhg.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]

Hey Hershey bar! Get your peepers and earholes around this....This is a proper interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="LQ"]For the record, my criticism of the ''letter from the associate directors'' was this:

It was from two of them. None of the others (if you actually bothered to read the piece) knew anything about it, yet it was headlined as an attack from the group. Due to Archant''s "delete all after a month" policy it''s probably not accessible now but the truth is out there (on chip paper) somewhere. If there''s an issue I''m sure Mr Phillips can dig it up.

Pretending to be a mouthpiece of a group is a very dangerous stance when it can''t be backed up. That''s what Bertram and Bowkett did and from my pov it backfired.

I think "put up or shut up" is the phrase?

Not sorry he''s on the Board though. All accountable Boards need people like him - otherwise it''d just be like saying "great post mate LOL!" and that never achieved anything!

As for Tilson on the radio...really? Again? Life''s too short.

[/quote]

Yes indeed... put up or shut up... team in the top 6 by October that stays there for the rest of the season or F**k Off!!!

[/quote] What exactly is it you want to see happen Smudger? Do tell.[/quote]

I thought I had spelt that out above in plain English?  What part of that do you have trouble understanding in Texas???

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Hey Hershey bar! Get your peepers and earholes around this....This is a proper interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk

[/quote]

Great interview can''t wait for the red cards to be issued, luckily nothing contentious has happened at the club since those goddam awful yellow shorts.

Actually, come to think of it.......
[/quote]

It was at this point that I realised NCFC was to become her personal plaything........

Dressing up dolly.

Funny how Americans always think they are civil yet in my professional dealings I can always tell an email from a Yank straight off due to the lack of a hello etc and the rudeness and arrogance that usually oozes from the screen....[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Well we can be a bit slow here in Texas. But we are civil.

Who should F off ?[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Funny how Americans always think they are civil yet in my professional dealings I can always tell an email from a Yank straight off due to the lack of a hello etc and the rudeness and arrogance that usually oozes from the screen....[/quote]Oh, and of course there aren''t any rude and arrogant people from other nations are there? If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...

[quote user="I.S."] If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...[/quote]Did you watch the youtube clip of Delia and Simon Mayo too then?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="ACE"]Funny how Americans always think they are civil yet in my professional dealings I can always tell an email from a Yank straight off due to the lack of a hello etc and the rudeness and arrogance that usually oozes from the screen....
[/quote]

Oh, and of course there aren''t any rude and arrogant people from other nations are there? If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...
[/quote]

We just don''t like you.....Nothing xenophobic about that as it is a pretty world wide opinion isn''t it?

The United States of Corruption Hypocrisy and Bigotry....... Be proud.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="I.S."] If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...[/quote]Did you watch the youtube clip of Delia and Simon Mayo too then?[/quote]Yes I did. Not a huge fan of the woman in general, but let''s be honest, she''s got a point about the passion, affiliation, and motivation of foreign owners. It will be very interesting to see what happens to these clubs when the owners decide enough is enough - she is certainly not the only person who is expressing these fears now, is she?Anyway, are you telling me you can''t see the difference between ACE and Delia comments?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="ACE"]Funny how Americans always think they are civil yet in my professional dealings I can always tell an email from a Yank straight off due to the lack of a hello etc and the rudeness and arrogance that usually oozes from the screen....[/quote]Oh, and of course there aren''t any rude and arrogant people from other nations are there? If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...[/quote]

We just don''t like you.....Nothing xenophobic about that as it is a pretty world wide opinion isn''t it?

[/quote]Yes, well, I''m Norfolk born-and-bred, so perhaps you should try reading before commenting next time, although I''m sure that''s not your style. Still it''s a big world out there little Clucky - perhaps you should migrate?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="ACE"]Funny how Americans always think they are civil yet in my professional dealings I can always tell an email from a Yank straight off due to the lack of a hello etc and the rudeness and arrogance that usually oozes from the screen....
[/quote]

Oh, and of course there aren''t any rude and arrogant people from other nations are there? If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, well, I''m Norfolk born-and-bred, so perhaps you should try reading before commenting next time, although I''m sure that''s not your style. Still it''s a big world out there little Clucky - perhaps you should migrate?
[/quote]

Norfolk born and bred eh? Yet you seem to be verrrrry American in your support for the US of CHB. You''re a Yank by association and that''s enough for me.

Done the travel bit by the way... fought in another phoney American war... learnt to dislike what you lot stand for from personal experience. Always the best way I find.......

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="I.S."]

Yes, well, I''m Norfolk born-and-bred, so perhaps you should try reading before commenting next time, although I''m sure that''s not your style. Still it''s a big world out there little Clucky - perhaps you should migrate?[/quote]

Norfolk born and bred eh? Yet you seem to be verrrrry American in your support for the US of CHB. You''re a Yank by association and that''s enough for me.

Done the travel bit by the way... fought in another phoney American war... learnt to dislike what you lot stand for from personal experience. Always the best way I find.......

[/quote]Yes, it''s hugely American to point out that slagging off every member of a huge country based on a couple of less-than-ego-massaging e-mails from clients/colleagues is a little tenuous.Oh, or did you actually mean it''s something you don''t agree with, so you are going into rabid-bird attack mode, glossing over the facts and deflecting away from the crux of the matter with your oh-so-witty and oh-so-factless snipey comments?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="I.S."] If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...[/quote]Did you watch the youtube clip of Delia and Simon Mayo too then?[/quote]Yes I did. Not a huge fan of the woman in general, but let''s be honest, she''s got a point about the passion, affiliation, and motivation of foreign owners. It will be very interesting to see what happens to these clubs when the owners decide enough is enough - she is certainly not the only person who is expressing these fears now, is she?Anyway, are you telling me you can''t see the difference between ACE and Delia comments?[/quote]Nope!! Just joshing.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Done the travel bit by the way... fought in another phoney American war..

[/quote]Course you did.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="I.S."] If I didn''t know better I would say I can see some xenophobia oozing from my screen...[/quote]Did you watch the youtube clip of Delia and Simon Mayo too then?[/quote]Yes I did. Not a huge fan of the woman in general, but let''s be honest, she''s got a point about the passion, affiliation, and motivation of foreign owners. It will be very interesting to see what happens to these clubs when the owners decide enough is enough - she is certainly not the only person who is expressing these fears now, is she?Anyway, are you telling me you can''t see the difference between ACE and Delia comments?[/quote]Nope!! Just joshing.[/quote]Sorry, must have got out of bed on the wrong side this morning! [:)]

It''s not a bad interview actually, although I can''t see the "big deal" over Bowkett changing his mind about coming onto the Board, or McNally either, especially as the latter is the CEO, the main executive officer at the Club and I would have thought it imperative that the CEO was on the Board?

Slightly inconsistent on some of this logic also, in terms of stating that Bob Cooper had a good CV, but that counted for nothing, apparently, in the end, but then bemoans the lack of experience Gunny on the managerial front.

Also potentially insulting to imply that there are no NCFC supporters out there capable of being a fans representative?

[quote user="GMF"]

It''s not a bad interview actually, although I can''t see the "big deal" over Bowkett changing his mind about coming onto the Board, or McNally either, especially as the latter is the CEO, the main executive officer at the Club and I would have thought it imperative that the CEO was on the Board?

Slightly inconsistent on some of this logic also, in terms of stating that Bob Cooper had a good CV, but that counted for nothing, apparently, in the end, but then bemoans the lack of experience Gunny on the managerial front.

Also potentially insulting to imply that there are no NCFC supporters out there capable of being a fans representative?

[/quote]

The whole interview is inconsistent.............

He slams the board for what they have done in the past............. so they bring in a lot of new faces, interestingly people who have disagreed with the board in the past.................. then slams them.

Make up your mind!         Do you want change or not?

Another example is asking WHY Mr Bowkett and Mr Bertram said in their statement in May....... " at this time we have no interest in being on the board"

YET.........(drum roll) HE (Mr Tilson) makes EXACTLY the same statement in his interview.............. (NCISA/ME are not interested in being on the board)

They made the statement for EXACTLY the same reason Mr Tilson made it..........To justify their statements in a context of........... no ulterior motive behind it.

The truth is ANYONE who releases a statement to the press has an agenda....... thats the whole point.

I think Mr Tilson''s complaints about the quality of the squad are laughable........... in the context that NCISA supported meassures which would lower the first team budget.

Why didn''t the interviewer ask him about that?

After the text slamming him, his reply that he acts on a "December membership questionaire" is head scratching?

How can the interviewer not catch that? How does THAT relate to current events?????

At this point its hard to tell if NCISA in the media is actually speaking for the group/fans or it''s just John Tilson''s personal opinions without consultation from the members. (are polls/votes ever taken before press releases/interviews?)

It''s OK for John Tilson to question the impartality/integrity of the leadership of Archant but I am sure it''s not OK to question the leadership of NCISA.

I don''t expect any of the NCISA supporters to address any of the inconsistencies in Mr Tilsons Interview.

I do expect personal abuse not dealing with or having any relationship with any of the points I raise.

[quote user="ACE"]Looks like I am the only one concerned at this then.  Unbelieveable.[/quote]Yeah.... looks like it.

Go looking for problems in the Vatican or Armed Forces recruitment strategy - far more interesting

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

He slams the board for what they have done in the past............. so they bring in a lot of new faces, interestingly people who have disagreed with the board in the past.................. then slams them.

Another example is asking WHY Mr Bowkett and Mr Bertram said in their statement in May....... " at this time we have no interest in being on the board"

YET.........(drum roll) HE (Mr Tilson) makes EXACTLY the same statement in his interview.............. (NCISA/ME are not interested in being on the board)

They made the statement for EXACTLY the same reason Mr Tilson made it..........To justify their statements in a context of........... no ulterior motive behind it.

The truth is ANYONE who releases a statement to the press has an agenda....... thats the whole point.

I think Mr Tilson''s complaints about the quality of the squad are laughable........... in the context that NCISA supported meassures which would lower the first team budget.

After the text slamming him, his reply that he acts on a "December membership questionaire" is head scratching?

How can the interviewer not catch that? How does THAT relate to current events?????

At this point its hard to tell if NCISA in the media is actually speaking for the group/fans or it''s just John Tilson''s personal opinions without consultation from the members. (are polls/votes ever taken before press releases/interviews?)

It''s OK for John Tilson to question the impartality/integrity of the leadership of Archant but I am sure it''s not OK to question the leadership of NCISA.

I don''t expect any of the NCISA supporters to address any of the inconsistencies in Mr Tilsons Interview.

I do expect personal abuse not dealing with or having any relationship with any of the points I raise.

[/quote]The lack of intelligent retorts to your post says it all..... Dont waste your time USA C, they dont get it.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

Course you did.

[/quote]

And you just played the video game........

Loser.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]Course you did.[/quote]

Loser.

[/quote]No, no, I believe you, I really do.*smirk*

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

Course you did.

[/quote]

Loser.

[/quote]

No, no, I believe you, I really do.

*smirk*
[/quote]

I wish I could be bothered for you.......

Lightweight.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]You imply there are only two options ''change'' or ''no change'' why do you not suggest the other options such as ''change but with Delia and MWJ gone'' or ''change but with different newcomers to the board'' etc. quite a few combinations in there if you look into it? I think it is clear from the interview and what we already know from the discussions surrounding NCISA that they wanted change I''m amazed you hadn''t worked that out already  it''s obviously the permutation of directors that came up with which they are unhappy.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]Do you think Tillys interview was a statement prepared in advance or a carefully steered interview like we have come to expect from the club or did the man at least have the balls to put himself forward and do the interview on the fly dealing with what was asked him as it came (like a proper interview) unlike the stage managed public appearances of the clubs representatives? How many of those big sighs she likes to give do you think we''d have heard if Delia had the same amount of time to field questions in an unrehearsed unedited interview?[quote user="USAcanary"]

I think Mr Tilson''s complaints about the quality of the squad are

laughable........... in the context that NCISA supported meassures

which would lower the first team budget.

[/quote]Last years squad was the worst and the smallest this club has fielded in my lifetime. Complaints about the quality of the squad are justifiable and the club had the money but chose not to spend it on players not just last year but in 07, 06 and 05. If your wife blew the housekeeping at the bingo week after week at what point would you stop giving her the money in her hand? Never seems to be your reasoning.[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]Because it would give John the opportunity to publically express concern that the playing budget is sitting right at the bottom of the expenditure list somewhere after construction, catering, conservatories, chapels, cheerleading and car parking at Norwich City Family Club and not at or around the top like you''d expect from Norwich City Football Club?[quote user="USAcanary"]

It''s OK for John Tilson to question the impartality/integrity of the

leadership of Archant but I am sure it''s not OK to question the

leadership of NCISA.

[/quote]

Been reading with your eyes wide shut recently have you Yankee? This forum is full of such questioning some of it from spurious sources IMO and before you ask yes I mean people with interests at the club and some of it is just downright snidy and some of it is perfectly justifuiable IMO as anybody taking on a public role is always going to be open to examination and the NCISA senior members have made not inconsiderable effort to address any valid questions or concerns at all times.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you sure it''s neither the first or the last time.

Well I know he has taken a lot of stick for his radio interview on various forums, but I do feel that this whole appointments thing is still a bit cloudy. 

(Hello)

Norfolk born-and-bred too. Then again I guess its entirely possible that Norwich, apparently being the laughing stock of English football, would be of such interest to an American he''d be posting on a Norwich City bulletin board. Right.

Do try and engage the brain before spewing out the hate.

(Thank you)

[quote user="T"]Embarrassing nonsense. Just comes across a man with far more ego than understanding. If he has any integrity he should do what he demanded of the former chairman and CEO and recognise he is not up to the job and resign. There were man enough to do so. Is he?[/quote]

well said resign, you are an embarasment