Sign in to follow this  
Future Radio

John Tilson Accuses Club of U Turn - Download Interview

I agree with USA Canary and who''s Buckethead and why is he so far up Tilson''s fundament, is he/she someone on this picture?http://www.ncisa.co.uk/#/ncisa-team/4513258132Also why do they all have the same curtains, did John tell them they all had to have the same curtains as him, did they take a vote from members, or do they all live together like The Beatles in Help! or the Monkees. "Hey, hey we''re the NCISA, people say we''re led by an self promoting egoist, but we''re too busy whinging, etc,etc" 

[quote user="shortfatb"]who''s Buckethead and why is he so far up Tilson''s fundament, is he/she someone on this picture?

[/quote]I am my own man.Is that how you see it? I have simply addressed the issues raised by USA Canary and highlighted his false dichotomy on the topic of ''change''. I also pointed out  that the leadership of NCISA has been questioned at great length in recent months on this board at least and since USA Canary was always one of the more persistant inquisitors and detractors I found it strange that USAC should allude otherwise. If you read my reply properly you would also have noticed the liberal usage of question marks as I am in no way able to speak for Mr. Tilson or the NCISA but have offered possible answers to USAC''s questions to stimulate the debate.As for being up Mr T''s fundament perhaps you could back up this claim and show me where in the post I''ve even agreed with anything he said? No.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="shortfatb"]who''s Buckethead and why is he so far up Tilson''s fundament, is he/she someone on this picture?

[/quote]I am my own man.Is that how you see it? I have simply addressed the issues raised by USA Canary and highlighted his false dichotomy on the topic of ''change''. I also pointed out  that the leadership of NCISA has been questioned at great length in recent months on this board at least and since USA Canary was always one of the more persistant inquisitors and detractors I found it strange that USAC should allude otherwise. If you read my reply properly you would also have noticed the liberal usage of question marks as I am in no way able to speak for Mr. Tilson or the NCISA but have offered possible answers to USAC''s questions to stimulate the debate.As for being up Mr T''s fundament perhaps you could back up this claim and show me where in the post I''ve even agreed with anything he said? No.[/quote]Sorry, being anti NCISA bigot/zealot, I incorrectly see even handedness with the NCISA as fawning and toadying. I hadn''t read all pages but I did agree with what USA Canary wrote and felt your answers seemed to be biased toward Tilly and the Gang. Anyway, what about the curtains issue?  

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="LQ"]For the record, my criticism of the ''letter from the associate directors'' was this:

It was from two of them. None of the others (if you actually bothered to read the piece) knew anything about it, yet it was headlined as an attack from the group. Due to Archant''s "delete all after a month" policy it''s probably not accessible now but the truth is out there (on chip paper) somewhere. If there''s an issue I''m sure Mr Phillips can dig it up.

Pretending to be a mouthpiece of a group is a very dangerous stance when it can''t be backed up. That''s what Bertram and Bowkett did and from my pov it backfired.

I think "put up or shut up" is the phrase?

Not sorry he''s on the Board though. All accountable Boards need people like him - otherwise it''d just be like saying "great post mate LOL!" and that never achieved anything!

As for Tilson on the radio...really? Again? Life''s too short.

[/quote]

Yes indeed... put up or shut up... team in the top 6 by October that stays there for the rest of the season or F**k Off!!!

[/quote]

With our level of resources, anything less than a top 6 position is a failure.

[quote user="shortfatb"]
Also why do they all have the same curtains, did John tell them they all had to have the same curtains as him, did they take a vote from members, or do they all live together like The Beatles in Help! or the Monkees. "Hey, hey we''re the NCISA, people say we''re led by an self promoting egoist, but we''re too busy whinging, etc,etc" 
[/quote]

Ah! A person who is interested in the off the pitch scenery rather than the football. Presumably you are happy that the club has gone back 50 years to Division 3 (old money)?

Why is it well said? I really don''t get it. Do you think that the

interview was good, Tilson/NCISA came out of it well, we have a new

leader for all fans, what was good and why was USA so wrong? I would

rather have Bowkett on the board anyday than any member of the NCISA

with or without his cash. No pun intended here but Bowkett''s a Plc and

they''re a cottage industry, more like a local Folk Club or Amateur

Dramatics Society in terms of their structure and amateurism, not a

hard hitting protest or reform group.    

"Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"

Ah! A person who is interested in the off the pitch scenery rather than the football. Presumably you are happy that the club has gone back 50 years to Division 3 (old money)?

Where did I say anything like that? My concern is that a bunch

cardiganned nonenties who have cosied up for years suddenly are

apparently the lifeblood and vanguards of change and you seem to

support them. New Chair and CEO look like people who may be able to do

a job and the public emphasis at least seems to be on the football team

not the off pitch activities, Tilson and co couldn''t run a fete in

comparison, their pronouncements and publications are crass and I don''t

think they offer anything to move the club on.

Tangible Fixed Assets is on the NCISA committee, shortfatb.

[quote user="LQ"]Tangible Fixed Assets is on the NCISA committee, shortfatb.

[/quote]Oh, what one is TFA in the lovely shots on the NCISA website? Do you know why they all have the same curtains? Do live together like The Monkees, it would explain a lot?

Afraid I can''t answer the pertinent point about the curtains, but TFA is pictured bottom right on the NCISA Team page.

[quote user="LQ"]Afraid I can''t answer the pertinent point about the curtains, but TFA is pictured bottom right on the NCISA Team page.

[/quote]Thanks, now I''ve seen and read about TFA I can certainly relax more about the NCISA, with him in the engine room and Tilly driving it''s going to be full steam ahead! No curtains at all for TFA, I wonder why he''s not allowed to live with the others?!

Give the guy a break, he''s not allowed to live in the NCISA house with the others and has still to earn the right to wear the official Association fleece.

To answer Bucket head and few other on the "issues" that Mr Tilson raised in his interview.

Mr Tilson had a dig at Mr Bowkett over his impressive CV while comparing him to Bob Cooper.........Saying it doesn''t mean much.

So what does Mr Tilson want?  Does he want someone with an impressive CV or does he want someone totally inexperienced?

If we had appointed someone with little experience I am sure he would have said we need someone with more business experience!

Thats the EXACT charge he throws at Bryan Gunn....... 

Maybe he wants an inexperienced chairman..... and an experienced manager................ I can''t tell from the interview what he wants?.

It seems recently no matter what the club does he complains about it.

Don''t get me wrong there is a place for a decenting voice from the fans to keep football clubs in check. (I have personally been very unhappy with the board) 

But you have to pick your battles. It gives you more credibility when you do say something.

If you moan (cry wolf) about everything then after a while people switch off.

I think the proof is that at a time when the fans are crying out for a voice, NCISA has hardly grown its membership over the last 2 years under Mr Tilson''s leadership.

A few hundred members out of fan base of 40-50,000. Those are the facts.

I would have thought after two bad seasons and finally relegation the membership would have at least doubled if not tripled...........

The whole u-turn thing is strange? .......... Why is change a bad thing?...........

Does anyone out there think we should have kept the same board after their recent horrible performance?

How is bringing in new/independant voices to the board a bad thing?

I don''t know about anyone else but I am willing to give the new people on the board a chance to see what they can do for the club before I judge their ability.

Only time will tell............. unless you own a crystal ball!

[/quote]

And you''re on the Support Catering Group.....[pi][D][B][^][C]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think we all know what you''re on Mello.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we all know what you''re on Mello.
[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

A number of fair points there USAcanary. Let''s see how long before there''s a cranky yankie remark!

I''m still awaiting clarification as to why John thinks that having the new CEO on the Board is repeating the previous mistake of having ND on the Board? I appreciate that running a Football Club is different to many other types of business, but, surely, having the principal Executive Officer on the Board is an absolute must? Does he really want a Board full of non executive directors who aren''t involved in the day to day running of the Club?

I''m also slightly puzzled as to why he makes such a big issue over the fact that someone has changed his mind about becoming a Board member, having previously stated he has no such desire. Even if AB comes up with an explaination, I''m not sure that will actually take us much further forward and certainly won''t satisfy certain people?

Is it also his perception that anyone can be a Board member as long as they don''t have an involvement with the local newspaper? Yes, of course there''s a possibility of a conflict of interest, but the mere suggestion that this likely to be a major issue indicates he''s questioning the whole professional integrity of every sports journo at the paper?

Or is the real issue the fact that we have two new Board members who seemingly haven''t come forward with any new cash and that in some way makes them unworthy of Board membership?

After relegation there was clamour for change from all quarters and the positions of ND & RM became untenable. It was a question of who would step up to the breach and, in the seeming absence of any new investors, the attention would naturally fall on members of the business community, including some of the Associate Directors. On this basis the subsequent appointments come as no great surprise.

I do wonder what the alternatives are? Some seem to think that the three original Board members (who are the only ones regularly dipping their hands into their own pockets to give enhance the spending power of the incumbant manager) should just walk away, but where would that get us?

There are no easy answers, John. It''s very easy to be critical but what meaningful alternatives can you suggest. As the biggest supporters group, whether you like it or not, we''re still awaiting some constructive thoughts on the matter.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

I sometime wonder at the merits of such input Mello?

Has Mr Tilson commented on any of this since his radio moment?

Like many others here, I''m getting a bit tired of the contsant moaning about everything at NCFC. NCISA seems to have become a focal point for this, which begs the question as to why they have the S in their acronym (I can''t remember the last time I heard any support for the club.

Football is a game. As such it involves many different aspects. Personally, I think that changes were needed and changes have been made. Let''s give the new lot a chance before immediately descending into doom and gloom. Personally, I''m looking forward to a new season and hoping it goes well. OTBC!

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s sometimes.......That''s a de-merit for you.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And your "value add" with such input is what exactly Mello?

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It just shows what is the actual real point of this forum?....Point scoring, pseudo intellectual writing and fighting, pro-this, anti-that, bickering and barracking.....this is gonna be our season!......It''s just all one big phony baloney. Like NCFC in a nutshell.

I just do what I do.....if you don''t like it, you don''t like it.....But, it pleases me if you don''t.....

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Basically we value Mello.... whereas you?

Nah....No contest at all..........

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on....enlighten me?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It just shows what is the actual real point of this forum?....Point scoring, pseudo intellectual writing and fighting, pro-this, anti-that, bickering and barracking.....this is gonna be our season!......It''s just all one big phony baloney. Like NCFC in a nutshell.

I just do what I do.....if you don''t like it, you don''t like it.....But, it pleases me if you don''t.....

[/quote]

Are you feeling OK mello? Where''s the punchline in that reply, the amusing picture, the hilarious nicknames and innuendo? Don''t get all serious on us.