Sign in to follow this  
Future Radio

John Tilson Accuses Club of U Turn - Download Interview

In a remarkably frank and candid interview on Future Radio with Tim MacWilliam, John Tilson accuses

the football club of a U turn with the arrival of three new Directors

and reveals his own straight talking points of view on the coming season Listen or download the interview here http://www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac

As a long time critic of John Tilson I would like to swallow my pride and say John - well done.This is a REAL issue.  The LQ''s etc who have defended the appointments and conficts of interest I would suggest are not fully aware of what John has highlighted in this interview.There are some real unanswered questions about these appointments, and people need to know why Alan Bowkett penned a letter two months ago saying he was not seeking appointment when 2 months later lo and behold he has one.Something stinks.

Embarrassing nonsense. Just comes across a man with far more ego than understanding. If he has any integrity he should do what he demanded of the former chairman and CEO and recognise he is not up to the job and resign. There were man enough to do so. Is he?

Looks like I am the only one concerned at this then.  Unbelieveable.

agreed - lots of whinging but no constructive suggestions or leadership. Please have the decency to resign.

Also, just because you''re "not seeking" it doesn''t mean you "wouldn''t like" and surely it doesn''t stop an approach from the club. I think people can sometimes read into things far too heavily. What NCISA should be doing (and this doesn''t mean they have to cosy up to the club by any stretch of the imagination) is playing their part in trying to unite people for what is coming next year - lots of FOOTBALL  matches (yes remember those?) to try to win to get back to the championship at first attempt. They and other independent groups run the risk of causing further and prolonged division. Not good!

Come on Mr Tilson, just listened to that again and it makes me so angry at the nature of the backward rant. Ask yourself should the head honcho of the "biggest independent organisation be pratling on using terminology such as barn-door jamie and bad-boy martin? True or not, don''t lower yourself, there''s no need for personal insults, its very playground like! Give some of these guys a break. Encouragement and positivity is in desperate short supply. The cards have been dealt, whinging, and thats all it is, won''t change that at this late stage. Come on, step up and be a leader and if you can''t draw a line and get behind the club then at least of a clear strategy for the way forward as you see it!

If we went on Real Madrid style spending spree he and certain others would still moan.. I get a bit tired of the same old whining nothing new gets suggested by these people.. and resorting to personal insults is rather childish anyway, going to pour myself a beer now, might come back on when I have had a few more !

Probably a geographical thing, but nothing happens when I try to play the interview. I can imagine that Tilson''s objection to Phillips is based on the press freedom argument, but can anyone summarise what are the arguments being used against making McNally and Bowkett directors?

[quote user="T"]Embarrassing nonsense. Just comes across a man with far more ego than understanding. If he has any integrity he should do what he demanded of the former chairman and CEO and recognise he is not up to the job and resign. There were man enough to do so. Is he?[/quote]

Rubbish. I''m not a big fan of the NCISA but at last they are doing things they should of done 4 seasons back and asking REAL questions. I''m warming to John and the NCISA and i''m glad an influential group are finally picking up on things

[quote user="supercol"]If we went on Real Madrid style spending spree he and certain others would still moan.. I get a bit tired of the same old whining nothing new gets suggested by these people.. and resorting to personal insults is rather childish anyway, going to pour myself a beer now, might come back on when I have had a few more ![/quote]

But its OK to continue to spend jack on players and invest any money into non football assets? NCFC.....THE F STANDS FOR FOOTBALL MATE.

[quote]There are some real unanswered questions about these appointments, and people need to know why Alan Bowkett penned a letter two months ago saying he was not seeking appointment when 2 months later lo and behold he has one.Something stinks.[/quote]I think he was trying to highlight the bigger issue, the club wasn''t using the expertise of the Associate Directors. Nigel Bertram co-authored that letter and he isn''t on the board.

[quote]John Tilson knows what he''s saying. I think there''s a lot of jealousy around.[/quote]For me, he''s missed both of the key issues:1) The lack of football knowledge on the board, culminating in the managers having far too much influence over the club. eg Glenn Roeder interfering in Academy appointments and sacking the kit manager. If I hear one more manager talk about "overhauling the scouting network" again, I am going to scream. 2) The amount spent on off-field activities - though I suspect Bowkett is going to reign this in.

He is clearly trying to bring up the issues that need to be addressed, which is superb and definitely has the future of the club at heart. However i believe some of these could of been conducted in a better manner i.e bad-boy Martin and barn door Jamie.

Also i thought the presenter could have been little bit better prepared, he seemed to not know a couple of things, and needed John to remind him.

For the record, my criticism of the ''letter from the associate directors'' was this:It was from two of them. None of the others (if you actually bothered to read the piece) knew anything about it, yet it was headlined as an attack from the group. Due to Archant''s "delete all after a month" policy it''s probably not accessible now but the truth is out there (on chip paper) somewhere. If there''s an issue I''m sure Mr Phillips can dig it up.Pretending to be a mouthpiece of a group is a very dangerous stance when it can''t be backed up. That''s what Bertram and Bowkett did and from my pov it backfired.I think "put up or shut up" is the phrase?Not sorry he''s on the Board though. All accountable Boards need people like him - otherwise it''d just be like saying "great post mate LOL!" and that never achieved anything!As for Tilson on the radio...really? Again? Life''s too short.

It''s Mr Tilsons veiw that''s all.  Really don''t see any grounds for a thread on the subject.

[quote user="AndyJR"]It''s Mr Tilsons veiw that''s all.  Really don''t see any grounds for a thread on the subject.

[/quote]

I''m not so sure, ultimatly we all have our opinions but JT has a responsibility to voice the majority view in the group, and i believe, the general support of NCFC

[quote user="Future Radio"]In a remarkably frank and candid interview on Future Radio with Tim MacWilliam, John Tilson accuses the football club of a U turn with the arrival of three new Directors and reveals his own straight talking points of view on the coming season

Listen or download the interview here http://www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac
[/quote]

OK........ Mr Tilsons first point about Mr Bowkett not seeking to join the board in May has already been answered if he would have bothered to listen to the CW interview.

He said "If you would have said to me a month ago that I would be chairman of Norwich I would have said you were crazy"

So Mr Tilson is knocking a guy who was extremely vocal against the way the club was being run.?????????.................. If Delia would have appointed a Yes man he would have moaned about that too........

Just moaning for moanings sake......

We needed big changes at the club........... yet Mr Tilson is complaining about the u-turns/changes ?          So should we have kept on down the same path?   Makes NO SENSE whatsoever.......

Moan about changes.............. moan about no changes

After a fan sent in a stroppy text slamming Mr Tilson and the horrible job he is doing he claimed he is acting on a questionaire sent out in December to members...........

How does THAT apply to all the recent comments about the new board members? Those were not on the "questionaire"

I am sure many members would have been in favor of bringing in an independant thinker like Mr Bowkett to the board and geting rid of ND and RM.

Next he complains that any board representative will not be able to tell the fans directly anything of a confidential nature said in the boardroom............

What?  This is the same for EVERY club in the land!  Silly argument, total nonsense.

Mr Tilson then agrees with the interviewer that it all boils down to what happens on the pitch............He then complains about the strength of the current team

The same Mr Tilson who suggested in press releases that the fans should NOT contribute to the first team budget to "send a message"

NCISA has a few hundred members out of a fan base of probably 40-50,000.........

According to the text read on the air and posts on various message boards their support is getting smaller by the day..........

The good news is that NCISA has the support of Smudger and his ilk who favor the club going into liquidation.............

[quote user="LQ"]Exactly - life''s too short!

[/quote]Then ignore it and get on with your life. It''s only 20 mins since your last post on the subject telling us life''s too short to worry about what Tilly says or thinks you could have knocked up a nice moussaka and taramosolata in that time.

[quote user="LQ"]For the record, my criticism of the ''letter from the associate directors'' was this:

It was from two of them. None of the others (if you actually bothered to read the piece) knew anything about it, yet it was headlined as an attack from the group. Due to Archant''s "delete all after a month" policy it''s probably not accessible now but the truth is out there (on chip paper) somewhere. If there''s an issue I''m sure Mr Phillips can dig it up.

Pretending to be a mouthpiece of a group is a very dangerous stance when it can''t be backed up. That''s what Bertram and Bowkett did and from my pov it backfired.

I think "put up or shut up" is the phrase?

Not sorry he''s on the Board though. All accountable Boards need people like him - otherwise it''d just be like saying "great post mate LOL!" and that never achieved anything!

As for Tilson on the radio...really? Again? Life''s too short.

[/quote]

Yes indeed... put up or shut up... team in the top 6 by October that stays there for the rest of the season or F**k Off!!!

Have to say that I agree with what seems to be the majority - ie that we have to wait and see what the board delivers before slagging them off.  It seems particularly daft for NCISA make such negative comments as they are doing right now, when a cautious welcome to changes that are afoot - whilst underlinging that we still need investment - would have been more than enough and much more appropriate. 

Also, to moan to the extent that they have done does not seem to be representative of supporters, particularly so soon after the event - Mr Tilson should make it absolutely clear he is speaking for himself rather than the Supporter Group - as that is what he is doing.

"underlinigning"Bloomin'' ''eck - that''s telling them![:P]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Future Radio"]In a remarkably frank and candid interview on Future Radio with Tim MacWilliam, John Tilson accuses the football club of a U turn with the arrival of three new Directors and reveals his own straight talking points of view on the coming season Listen or download the interview here http://www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac [/quote]

OK........ Mr Tilsons first point about Mr Bowkett not seeking to join the board in May has already been answered if he would have bothered to listen to the CW interview.

He said "If you would have said to me a month ago that I would be chairman of Norwich I would have said you were crazy"

So Mr Tilson is knocking a guy who was extremely vocal against the way the club was being run.?????????.................. If Delia would have appointed a Yes man he would have moaned about that too........

We needed big changes at the club........... yet Mr Tilson is complaining about the u-turns/changes ?          So should we have kept on down the same path?   Makes NO SENSE whatsoever.......

After a fan sent in a stroppy text slamming Mr Tilson and the horrible job he is doing he claimed he is acting on a questionaire sent out in December to members...........

How does THAT apply to all the recent comments about the new board members? Those were not on the "questionaire"

I am sure many members would have been in favor of bringing in an independant thinker like Mr Bowkett to the board and geting rid of ND and RM.

Next he complains that any board representative will not be able to tell the fans directly anything of a confidential nature said in the boardroom............

What?  This is the same for EVERY club in the land!  Silly argument, total nonsense.

Mr Tilson then agrees with the interviewer that it all boils down to what happens on the pitch............He then complains about the strength of the current team

The same Mr Tilson who suggested in press releases that the fans should NOT contribute to the first team budget to "send a message"

NCISA has a few hundred members out of a fan base of probably 40-50,000.........

According to the text read on the air and posts on various message boards their support is getting smaller by the day..........

The good news is that NCISA has the support of Smudger and his ilk who favor the club going into liquidation.............

[/quote] And the Board has supporters like you , i know which i prefer .Any mention of NCISA or John Tilson and you can be sure you will pop up with your petty digs , maybe you should stick to Gridiron and your American buddies .

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="LQ"]For the record, my criticism of the ''letter from the associate directors'' was this:

It was from two of them. None of the others (if you actually bothered to read the piece) knew anything about it, yet it was headlined as an attack from the group. Due to Archant''s "delete all after a month" policy it''s probably not accessible now but the truth is out there (on chip paper) somewhere. If there''s an issue I''m sure Mr Phillips can dig it up.

Pretending to be a mouthpiece of a group is a very dangerous stance when it can''t be backed up. That''s what Bertram and Bowkett did and from my pov it backfired.

Not sorry he''s on the Board though. All accountable Boards need people like him - otherwise it''d just be like saying "great post mate LOL!" and that never achieved anything!

[/quote]

Yes indeed... put up or shut up... team in the top 6 by October that stays there for the rest of the season or F**k Off!!!

[/quote]

What exactly is it you want to see happen Smudger? Do tell.

[/quote]

You''re not very tall....Do you bump your backside on the kerb when you step onto the road?  [8-|]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Future Radio"]In a remarkably frank and candid interview on Future Radio with Tim MacWilliam, John Tilson accuses the football club of a U turn with the arrival of three new Directors and reveals his own straight talking points of view on the coming season

Listen or download the interview here http://www.futureradio.co.uk/audio/by/title/johntilsonjuly09timmac
[/quote]

[/quote] And the Board has supporters like you , i know which i prefer .Any mention of NCISA or John Tilson and you can be sure you will pop up with your petty digs , maybe you should stick to Gridiron and your American buddies .
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/dreamer_bj21/2hfpbhg.gif[/IMG]