Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Lack of transfer noise....

Anyone else think it''s odd that given we are expecting (or have at least been told that we are close to) making between 2 and 4 signings this week that everythings so quiet? I was hoping for a few names being linked, but nothing this week really other than Ifil (pretty unexciting he is too).

With Alan Lee apparently not one of the people due to arrive, that leaves 3 or 4 possibles from names heard so far I think, in order of likelihood:

1. Coyle

2. Small

3. Ifil

4. Dickinson

I can''t see Dickinson getting done this week, and probably not at all. So that leaves only really Small which I would class as an exciting signing.

I''m impatient I know, but I really did have high hopes for our squad being well on the way to being complete by the time we played our first pre season game, or at least have the big striker in that we''ve needed for more than 12 months.

Lets hope for a few surprises this week, can''t see it happening though. If I''ve learnt anything from Norwich''s past exploits in the transfer market, patience is essential.

OTBC

I''m not frustrated that we haven''t signed anyone this week, just that there has been no news to get excited about full stop.

The hope factor is what keeps me going in the summer!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED07%20Jul%202009%2010%3A05%3A45%3A127

At last something of vague interest. I''d be quite happy with this deal I think, another body on a permanent deal, and an experienced keeper at that. Would be ideal for continuing Rudd''s development.

I can''t see Coyle coming in on loan without a guarantee of first team football afterall.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I''m sure you''re right ACE. As I said, I''m just impatient![/quote]

Same! But We Were Promised More Signings After Nelson Before Pre Season Training And That Hasn''t Exactly Happened..........