Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

phil ifil

Interesting..... he played a regular part in their run to the FA cup final and in the league durign that season, I have a mate who is a Millwall fan and I seem to remember him saying that they rated him pretty highly at the Den, didn''t have the funds to buy him at the time though. Having said that his form must have taken a bit of a dip in recent years if he ended up at Colchester. Can''t be any worse than Semmy though!!!

[quote user="Brian Gunns Dermatologist"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He is the man with the biggest ass this side of Hartson.[/quote]

all the more reason to sign him then!!! our players have been criticised for a lack of bottom, maybe he could be part of the solution to that problem!

[/quote]

And there was me thinking that they had a lack of b*llocks!

No b*llocks, no bottom, we really must stop signing these invalids.

Gave away a pen for flooring Pattison in our last meeting... but that was a strange old game; Cureton got a hat-trick, Otsemobor broke the invisible wall to score and Lisbie scored. [:|]

Would be an awesome signing, always been a good Championship fullback, would do an amazing job in League One.. Imo

[quote user="Brian Gunns Dermatologist"]Interesting..... he played a regular part in their run to the FA cup final and in the league durign that season, I have a mate who is a Millwall fan and I seem to remember him saying that they rated him pretty highly at the Den, didn''t have the funds to buy him at the time though. Having said that his form must have taken a bit of a dip in recent years if he ended up at Colchester. Can''t be any worse than Semmy though!!![/quote]You are thinking of Paul Ifill, right midfielder who went to Sheffield United.

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="Brian Gunns Dermatologist"]Interesting..... he played a regular part in their run to the FA cup final and in the league durign that season, I have a mate who is a Millwall fan and I seem to remember him saying that they rated him pretty highly at the Den, didn''t have the funds to buy him at the time though. Having said that his form must have taken a bit of a dip in recent years if he ended up at Colchester. Can''t be any worse than Semmy though!!![/quote]You are thinking of Paul Ifill, right midfielder who went to Sheffield United. [/quote]

isnt paul ifil the winger who played for palace and phil ifil from spurs academy?

Philip Ifil

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Phil Ifil)

Jump to: navigation, search

Philip Ifil
Personal information
Full namePhilip Nathan Ifil
Date of birth18 November 1986 (1986-11-18) (age 22)
Place of birth   Brent, England
Height5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Playing positionDefender
Club information
Current clubColchester United
Number18
Senior career1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2004–2008
2007–2008
2008–
Tottenham Hotspur
→ Millwall (loan)
→ Millwall (loan)
→ Southampton (loan)
Colchester United
03 (0)
13 (0)
03 (0)
12 (0)
26 (0)   
National team2
2004-2005England U201 (0)

1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 10:40, 7 June 2009 (UTC).
2 National team caps and goals correct
as of 17:56, 11 February 2009 (UTC).
* Appearances (Goals)

Philip Nathan Ifil (born 18 November 1986 in London) is an English footballer, currently playing at Colchester United.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Playing career

As a schoolboy he attended Gladstone Park Primary School and Willesden High.

A full-back, he made his debut for Tottenham Hotspur against Liverpool on the first day of the 2004-05 season, he has so far made three appearances in the Premier League, twice in the 2004-05 season. He had to wait a year and a half until April 2007 for his next appearance in the 2006-07 season in the teams 3-3 draw with Wigan Athletic.

He represented England U20 at 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship.

On 28 September 2007 he joined English Championship side Southampton on a three-month loan deal. On 10 January 2008 he was transferred from Tottenham Hotspur to Colchester United for an undisclosed six figure fee, with various add-ons.[1]

[edit] Family

[edit] References

This from a Col U season ticket holder I know:

Take him!!!!

Seriously, we need him off our wage bill. He was highly-rated when he came to us in Jan 08, a Spurs trainee who had played in a few Prem games for them, and we outbidded Southampton for him at the time. But he just cannot defend, maybe he''d be better utilised as a right-winger rather than a right-back, he is a liability when anyone runs at him. He has been nowhere near the first team since Williams left. I don''t think he even played a single minute for us since November, and he hasn''t been injured.

Oh and keep him away from the pie outlets...

Sounds a bit familiar, I think we''d best stay away from him!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

This from a Col U season ticket holder I know:

Take him!!!!

Seriously, we need him off our wage bill. He was highly-rated when he came to us in Jan 08, a Spurs trainee who had played in a few Prem games for them, and we outbidded Southampton for him at the time. But he just cannot defend, maybe he''d be better utilised as a right-winger rather than a right-back, he is a liability when anyone runs at him. He has been nowhere near the first team since Williams left. I don''t think he even played a single minute for us since November, and he hasn''t been injured.

Oh and keep him away from the pie outlets...

Sounds a bit familiar, I think we''d best stay away from him!

[/quote]That''s what I was wondering... How come he''s failed to do a job at our match 1 rivals? On paper he sounds decent but... That said, Roeder kept a few decent players inexplicably in the cold for a while so who knows whether Gunn''s team could get the best out of them?

I remember him playing at carra when cureton got a hatrick but he was awful then so he will be awful now. I hope we dont sign him!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Take him!!!!

Seriously, we need him off our wage bill. He was highly-rated when he came to us ..... But he just cannot defend, ..., he is a liability when anyone runs at him. ...

[/quote]

Sounds like Jon Otsemebor II

He''s a worse version of Jon OtsemoborWow Otsemobor/Ifil right back options, what a RB duo that would be.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I believe Cam rates him, but he also has an attitude problem............apparently.[/quote]

Cam''s always had an attitude problem ! I seem to remember that you would be one of the first in the queue to tell Cam to pee off and stop being so pompous and patronising so you''ve changed your tune.

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="Brian Gunns Dermatologist"]Interesting..... he played a regular part in their run to the FA cup final and in the league durign that season, I have a mate who is a Millwall fan and I seem to remember him saying that they rated him pretty highly at the Den, didn''t have the funds to buy him at the time though. Having said that his form must have taken a bit of a dip in recent years if he ended up at Colchester. Can''t be any worse than Semmy though!!![/quote]

You are thinking of Paul Ifill, right midfielder who went to Sheffield United.
[/quote]

Easy mistake to make, same surname and first initials. Iin that case I retract my optimistic statment, he could very well be worse than Semmy, surely if he was that promising he probably would have stayed at Spurs.

the guy is not wanted at Col U, the manager is trying to break him and force him out, he has to come into training 2 1/2 hours early by him self (this is from a mate who plays 5 a side with a majority shareholder)

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I believe Cam rates him, but he also has an attitude problem............apparently.[/quote]

Cam''s always had an attitude problem ! I seem to remember that you would be one of the first in the queue to tell Cam to pee off and stop being so pompous and patronising so you''ve changed your tune.

[/quote]

You have to make it personal don''t you?[:S]