Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Life long City Fan has 10 million to give away

Good on him! This is very different to investing in a footy club though. It may even be a tax deductible chariddee break too? Business is business.

Good on him I say. He also gives away half of his huge annual bonus directly to a charity set up and run by his three daughters.

I have said it once and I will say it again, Norwich City Football Club is not a charity and should not be run like a charity. If we need money then we should run the club like a business, expenses should be kept in line with income, and if the current board of directors cannot sustain a club of our size then they are not good business people.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly and stop relying on donations. Many other clubs manage it pretty well, West Brom are a sustainable football club, as are Hull City I believe.If we can only afford to pay players 2k per week, then we should be paying them 2k a week. If we cannot attract establish players to the club, then we need to produce our own.

Why should PC. pay book value, i.e. £30 per ordinary share when some could argue that the ordinary shares are worth zero (based on the realisable value of the land the stands occupy argument)?

BTW. this club could be operated in Division 3 (old money) with no annual subsidy.

I honestly believe that if  I was a billionaire city fan, even with a poor relationship with the board, in our current circumstances I would gladly say ''here you go 10 million, my only condition is that there is a contract that it has to be spent on team building''.

I understand about not being run like a charity, but should we using the same argument have said ''no thank you Mr Moore, we can do without that Huckerby chap''.

I''m not saying that Cullum should give us anything I''m merely saying that as a lifelong city fan if I had his cash I would, and all I''d want was to see us get out of this poxy league, this attitude of course explains why I''m not a billionaire.

But according to a lot on here he is a horrid man and not to be trusted.

As the lefties would have it ''an evil capitalist''

Yeh right!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]But according to a lot on here he is a horrid man and not to be trusted. As the lefties would have it ''an evil capitalist'' Yeh right!![/quote]

All capitalism is evil comrade, ownership is theft and all that...with some owners being more thieving than others ;)

Dear mr Cullem, please please please please please give our club 10 million pound. We will name a pie after you and I promise to make sure the baord spend it on players. I won''t come back asking for another 10 million when we get promoted too, I''ll ask for 20 million and then we will call it quits.

Dear Mr Cullum

As one of the 27,000 alumni from the CASS Business School, I’d like to be first in the queue with my application for your Centre for Entrepreneurship.

I’m currently involved with a project focusing on the entertainment business, although many of my fellow customers have been questioning whether I’m really in the right market sector, given our performance over the past four years.

Anyway, I digress, as I now have a major restoration project to undertake over the next few weeks and my front façade has come in for much criticism and needs urgent attention. There are three aspects of my front façade causing particular concern.

The oldest section was holding up fairly well until about three years ago, but has had a couple of disastrous seasons, despite being sent out for a period of restoration earlier this year by my then chief operating officer. Matters have recently come to a head when it was reported on one local radio station that this façade is now “unable to hit a barn door.” The resale value is now at an all time low (not that it was that great to start off with) but I would be willing to trade on this elevation, for an undisclosed sum, of course.

If that wasn’t bad enough, my next youngest façade is unproven, even at this lowly depth of the market in which we now find ourselves operating. Just to make things worse, this elevation is covered in a number of unsightly tattoos, making it particularly difficult to pass on to potential purchasers.

If that wasn’t enough, my youngest façade, operating under the code name of Tweedle Dee, now has a bad boy reputation, of questionable value and has to operate in conjunction with his soul brother, Tweedle Dum.

I have set specific goals (or is that gaols, in one particular case?) for all three facades, but I’m really wondering if they’re capable of seeing me through the forthcoming autumn, winter and spring? Perhaps I shouldn’t waste any further money on these facades and go for a complete demolition and rebuild job?

Either way, I’m going to need some emergency funding and I trust you’ll give my application the urgent attention it so rightly deserves.

OTBC

It is so frustrating to know that there is a billionaire City fan out there and we are stuck with Delia and MWJ

Wake up people. The silly old dear DOES NOT want to sell up. Cullum had a couple of goes, I don''t blame him for staying away now.

We are stuck with Delia until she dies. Which means League Two for us.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

Wake up people. The silly old dear DOES NOT want to sell up. Cullum had a couple of goes, I don''t blame him for staying away now.

We are stuck with Delia until she dies. Which means League Two for us.

[/quote]

[|-)]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]OK ''heroes'' I admit i am a direct descendant of Adam Smith! Hee! Hee![/quote]

Adam Smith the ex Norwich youth player and former Linnet?

[;)]

Nice one Yeovil. Forgot about him. Mind you at my age there''s a lot i have either forgotten about or can no longer do!!!