Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Good Luck Neil Doncaster

Chief executive of the whole country??? wow, whatever happened to the parliament and the democratic process. :-)In all seriousness - the Scottish press will eat him alive in months.

Cheif Executive of the SPL

Prudence with haggis anyone?

I''d heard he''s put on a few pounds, had his sight corrected and is now one of "The Chasers" on ITV''s latest naff game show.Now, if you don''t believe me, watch The Chase and be amazed! (Not by the show, by the DOOMcaster look-a-like!)

[quote user="TheCardinal"]...who, the holy spirit tells me, has just been given the job as Scotland''s Chief Executive![/quote]

Good luck and good riddance to the so and so. I can see it now : Doncaster presiding over a disastrous decline in Scotland''s football history whilst hundreds of fans post messages on the Scotland FC message board along the lines of : " ... weel, you can say what you like about Doncaster but he is very approachable and he does answer emails very promptly"

Can`t wait to hear Doomy`s upbeat prognosis on the jocks chances of getting to the next world cup....."How can we compete with these bigger nations?  They`ve got far more players and better training facilities.  I`m prudently considering pulling out and organising my own tournament between us, Wales, Iceland and the Faroes.  Quality football for all the family!  And, errr, lower travel costs....."

[quote user="lappinitup"]

They''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:D] [:D] [:D]

[/quote]You laugh Lappinitup but  the Scottish PL has been doing rather well recently with a business model the clubs in England would do well to observe if not follow. Clubs are into profit in several cases and debt has been reduced at all SPL clubs in the last year. I''ll be watching that space with interest.

well he is on a safe bet there .

you never exspect any scotish team to do any good as for the national team they never win many any way .

nothing against the scotts just wondered if gunny put in a good word for him !!!!.

Good enough for SPL but not good enough for us. Absolutely disgusting.Grovel with him and offer him 500k a year to come back. The guy is a class chief executive.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]...who, the holy spirit tells me, has just been given the job as Scotland''s Chief Executive![/quote]

Consider yourself excommunicated for praising the devil.......

Say three hail taxis ...... and take one to transport you as far away from this place as possible.

You Palestine!.... [:@]

[quote user="singing canary"]well he is on a safe bet there .

you never exspect any scotish team to do any good as for the national team they never win many any way .

nothing against the scotts just wondered if gunny put in a good word for him !!!!.[/quote] Gunny probably didn''t need to - we''ve dealt with so many Scottish clubs in recent years he''d be well known anyway. The more I think about it the more I feel he''s on a tough job - the Scottish footie scene and media are so political and partisan coupled with the fact of potential breakaways by the Old Firm. The wranglings over 2012 Olympic representation and all that entails adds up to a lot of work and politiking. Doomcaster was the eternal spinner with only Archant to deal with. He won''t get it so easy north of the border - there''s no where to hide and nobodys skirt to hide behind. I think I''ll enjoy watching this.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="singing canary"]well he is on a safe bet there . you never exspect any scotish team to do any good as for the national team they never win many any way . nothing against the scotts just wondered if gunny put in a good word for him !!!!.[/quote]

Gunny probably didn''t need to - we''ve dealt with so many Scottish clubs in recent years he''d be well known anyway. The more I think about it the more I feel he''s on a tough job - the Scottish footie scene and media are so political and partisan coupled with the fact of potential breakaways by the Old Firm. The wranglings over 2012 Olympic representation and all that entails adds up to a lot of work and politiking. Doomcaster was the eternal spinner with only Archant to deal with. He won''t get it so easy north of the border - there''s no where to hide and nobodys skirt to hide behind.

I think I''ll enjoy watching this.

[/quote]

Agree with you there Scottlarock.

If he doesn''t make a decent fist of it almost from day one the locals will be on his back. Being English won''t help. That said if he does need a skirt to hide behind he''ll find plenty......even the blokes wear them !

[quote user="John Morlar"]Just a quick thought, will the fact that he now has a job alter any severance package he may have had from us?[/quote]There wasn''t any - he quit He''ll do a good job for them, he''s a hard worker.He was wanted by the English FA also -

I like how he has completely fled the country....

I don''t visualise him standing outside the club shops at Ibrox or Celtic Park.....If he does - he''ll be wishing he was transparent....