Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Gary Holt as player-coach?

His contract was cancelled by Wycombe was not because he wasn''t good enough for the club, it''s only because Peter Taylor cannot guarantee he will start every game next season, so that''s why he leave. Experience player was what we are missing in last season after Dejan injured. Holty know the club inside out, desired to play for the club again, most important thing is free agent and looking for club. It would be a brilliant signing and I will surely welcome Holty to come back with both hands.

Come on Gunny! He is the kind of player we miss!

Hahahahahahahaha good one. You''re, you''re joking right? Right?!

Great player becuase of his attitude and work rate. But his technique wasnt his strong point as he has admitted in the past himself. Not sure i''d want him coaching unless as a fitness coach, and his ability to cover the pitch like he used to must have gone to some degree.

I guess if he was here and his commitment to the cause rubbed off on the other players he would be worthwhile, but surely the current management team should have the abilty to motivate the side as a prerequisite for the job? (or maybe not in our case)

I know XXL is a big fan of NCFC and of Gary Holt, but it''ll never happen. I think the whole coaching stucture, whether we like it or not, is now in place, and although Gary was popular a few years back, and I believe he still lives locally in Halvergate, you can''t take people on, especially at critical times, for those reasons only.

Ive seen holty at several away games since he left us mainly in the midlands......he''s still a fan of the club.

I take the point about sentiment etc but right now we need people really pulling for this club who care about it and not people looking for their next big pay cheque.....there is a balance somewhere

Rich

Get him in pay as you play, after all there is no risk is there? According to most people on here about McVeigh anyway..I want all ex-Norwich players back on PAYP deals, no risk at all

[quote user="XXL16"]

His contract was cancelled by Wycombe was not because he wasn''t good enough for the club, it''s only because Peter Taylor cannot guarantee he will start every game next season, so that''s why he leave. Experience player was what we are missing in last season after Dejan injured. Holty know the club inside out, desired to play for the club again, most important thing is free agent and looking for club. It would be a brilliant signing and I will surely welcome Holty to come back with both hands.

Come on Gunny! He is the kind of player we miss!

[/quote]

Yeah nice one!!! not good enough for wycombe but good enough for us!! jesus!

I fully expect to get slaughtered for this, but I did see him in Yarmouth Tesco''s a couple of weeks back.....

I can colloborate that pieman! I saw him too, complete with his jock club tattoo. As I stated earlier, he still has a house in Halvergate, (between Acle and Yarmouth if anybody''s wondering.)

When my daughter was mascot at BCFC when we played them away in the Premier League Holt was the top bloke, showed more interest and care and attention than all the other players, (Helberg was sulking in the corner). Holt is a great pro, no doubts about that, is he good enough these days, that''s for the Manager to decide!!

Saw Holt yesterday at Salhouse Footy tournament, he was coaching a team of under 12s, they resorted to two footed tackles when they went behind, ideal coach for us then!

How many lungs has he got left?  Cant fault his attitude though, compared to the "pros" we saw playing last season.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Gary Holt is shit.
[/quote]

Total boll*x. When we got promoted he was as influential as Hucks in his own way. Without Holt playing Huckerby would not have had the freedom he did.

I''m not advocating having Holt back now...but how quickly people forget the contribution some players made.

Never mind that old chum; you can buy a BMW off Daryl Sutch in Bury St. Edmunds now! 

Just imagine my horror as I walked in to sort out a service to see old ‘you know who’ out of the corner of my eye……………………….. 

Ughhhhh  Errrrrrrr

I used to love Holty. Although his technique and vision left a

bit to be desired. Most common trait was that he''d make a decision to

make a certain pass or run in January, telegraph it in February and run

down a culdesac in March. Could have done with someone with the

equivalent determination and lung capacity last season though for sure.

Watch this space, news will be broken in next few days...;-)

HOLTY! HOLTY! HOLTY!

[quote user="XXL16"]

Watch this space, news will be broken in next few days...;-)

HOLTY! HOLTY! HOLTY!

[/quote]

Do you know something David?