Sign in to follow this  
dartfordboy

Dartford vs Norwich ( Sat 11th July)

Glad to hear so many of you are coming down to watch this friendly, it could well be the first time we are outnumbered at Princes Park!

Also, I''m pretty sure there won''t be segregation or at least i hope not so i look forward to banter between you guys and of course seeing how Cody has progressed.

If you have any queries or questions about anything feel free to ask or join the nice bunch at the dartfordfootballclub.co.uk .

Up the darts!

If you''re coming by car i''d advise you to get there pretty early. Although there''s a few nearby places you could park.

lol sorry it''s the only one I have in my favourites for my browser.  I know all about Dartford, I was raised in Kent, and have lived in Norfolk 25 + years, still have family that live in Hawley, Stone & Dartford.

Looks like Dartford need to update their website, the unofficial one is miles better!

The last time I visited Dartford, it was 1989, Peter Taylor was the player manager and Wealdstone won 1-0, a result which cost Dartford the Beazer Homes league title and promotion to the conference. I bumped into the scorer of the Wealdstone goal a couple of weeks ago as his daughter was playing in a tennis tournament again my younger daughter.

As a result of our girls tennis victories, they''ve both qualified for the finals day, which is on Saturday 11th, so my day has been reprioritised away from Dartford.

Hope all who go have a good day, and the crowd give D''Urso some grief.

[quote user="dartfordboy"][:D] So you''ll be supporting Dartford on the day then [:)][/quote]

lol now that puts me in a position, i''ve always had a soft spot for DFC since once of my cousins played for Dartford FC years ago. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="dartfordboy"][:D] So you''ll be supporting Dartford on the day then [:)][/quote]

lol now that puts me in a position, i''ve always had a soft spot for DFC since once of my cousins played for Dartford FC years ago. 

[/quote]

What was his name?

[quote user="dartfordboy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

What was his name?

[/quote]

His name is Paul W, dare not give out his surname.  I am going back 25+ years and he was a great littleplayer, got injured when he clashed with a goalie, which shattered his shin bone, one of the worst injuries I have personally witnessed.  Sadly he had to give up.

The Ivy Leaf is pretty decent and is probably the closest to the ground. And of course there is a bar in the ground itself but could get pretty packed.

[quote user="dartfordboy"]The Ivy Leaf is pretty decent and is probably the closest to the ground. And of course there is a bar in the ground itself but could get pretty packed.[/quote]

I got told today to buy my ticket at the gate on the day, any idea if i need to turn upp earlish or will there be enough left? Also how much parking is there nearby?

Cheers

I don''t think the whole ground will be sold out (4500 tickets), so you should be fine. I am going to pick mine up when i get there too. If the worst happens and you turn up and there are no tickets left, I''m pretty sure they will let you in, we''re an understanding bunch. But as i say, it''s unlikely.

Parking-

The actual Dartford FC car park will be filled up pretty quick so unless you are arriving early, you won''t be able to park there.
Next door to the ground is a David Lloyds, and you can be a bit cheeky and park there. There are a few side roads such as Brent Lane which you can park at. Also next door to the ground is a Goals Soccer Centre with a big car park.

The final option would be to park at bluewater shopping centre and then get a bus down to Princes Park.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="dartfordboy"]The Ivy Leaf is pretty decent and is probably the closest to the ground. And of course there is a bar in the ground itself but could get pretty packed.[/quote]

I got told today to buy my ticket at the gate on the day, any idea if i need to turn upp earlish or will there be enough left? Also how much parking is there nearby?

Cheers

[/quote]

Also if you ask on the forum at www.dartfordfootballclub.co.uk, you''ll get help from a lot more people rather than just me!

[quote user="dartfordboy"]

Glad to hear so many of you are coming down to watch this friendly, it could well be the first time we are outnumbered at Princes Park!

Also, I''m pretty sure there won''t be segregation or at least i hope not so i look forward to banter between you guys and of course seeing how Cody has progressed.

If you have any queries or questions about anything feel free to ask or join the nice bunch at the dartfordfootballclub.co.uk .

Up the darts!

[/quote]Hi Dartfordboy.Nice to meet you and cheers for extending a hello to us. Did I notice a little golf course next to the stadium on Google Maps? If so I might bring my bats and have a wack before the game.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="dartfordboy"]

Up the darts!

[/quote]

Hi Dartfordboy.

Nice to meet you and cheers for extending a hello to us. Did I notice a little golf course next to the stadium on Google Maps? If so I might bring my bats and have a wack before the game.
[/quote]

Apsolutely.

Here''s some more info - http://www.dartford.gov.uk/princespark/golf.htm 

[quote user="dartfordboy"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="dartfordboy"]

Up the darts!

[/quote]Hi Dartfordboy.Nice to meet you and cheers for extending a hello to us. Did I notice a little golf course next to the stadium on Google Maps? If so I might bring my bats and have a wack before the game.[/quote]

Apsolutely.

Here''s some more info - http://www.dartford.gov.uk/princespark/golf.htm 

[/quote]Nice one man. See you there Saturday

[quote user="lynn canary"]Anybody know if the game will be on the radio ?[/quote]Highly doubt it

[quote user="lynn canary"]Anybody know if the game will be on the radio ?[/quote]

There will be live radio coverage on www.dartfordfootballclub.co.uk/audio . It will be a bit biased towards Dartford but still it''s coverage!

If you were just looking for live updates then www.dartfordfootballclub.co.uk/forum will be providing that aswell.

Radio Kent are also looking into the possibility of broadcasting the game but nothing has yet been decided.

The first two options are definites though.

[quote user="dartfordboy"]

[quote user="lynn canary"]Anybody know if the game will be on the radio ?[/quote]

Radio Kent are also looking into the possibility of broadcasting the game but nothing has yet been decided.

[/quote]

If Radio Kent broadcast it, their commentaries are usually very easy to access via their website.  I don''t know who the commentator might be but if its Lord Chas (Charles Webster) you are in for a treat!