Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Must be a few of you on here who drink before the game

For those that do, does your watering hole of choice allow away fans? If so then please list below.

Many thanks!

The hotel bar does and it''s reasonably quick to get served pre and post match.

Cricketers Rest on Hall Road, friendly environment and free BBQ before most games!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]The Coach & Horses does[/quote]That''s my choice too.No problem with colours, often get a bit of singing/banter and it''s a proper pub to boot.

Hog In Armour on St Benidicts, 3 big screens as well for the 12.45 and 5.45 matches either side of the norwich game

does`nt normally have a shirt policy, but is a slightly up market pub.

Anywhere that smudger drinks is ok..............

............I mean, you couldn''t get anyone more hostile to Norwich fans than that could you?[;)]

Although it''s a mission to get there the famous Fat Cat in West End St, off Dereham Rd, welcomes discerning away fans and allows colours.

As it''s a real ale shrine away fans I''ve spoken to in there planned to go there anyway. It''s definitely not a pub for lager-swilling chavs and it''s too far from the ground for a casual visitor to find. It''s a long walk from the railway station - probably 40/45 mins - but a taxi there and a pick-up for around 2.15 usually gets us back to Carrow Rd for kick-off.

There''s a couple of huge baskets of filled rolls on offer at £1.00 a time on match days to help soak up the ale but you need to get there early for those as they always sell out.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Although it''s a mission to get there the famous Fat Cat in West End St, off Dereham Rd, welcomes discerning away fans and allows colours.

As it''s a real ale shrine away fans I''ve spoken to in there planned to go there anyway. It''s definitely not a pub for lager-swilling chavs and it''s too far from the ground for a casual visitor to find. It''s a long walk from the railway station - probably 40/45 mins - but a taxi there and a pick-up for around 2.15 usually gets us back to Carrow Rd for kick-off.

There''s a couple of huge baskets of filled rolls on offer at £1.00 a time on match days to help soak up the ale but you need to get there early for those as they always sell out.

[/quote]

Used to live 30 seconds from it, great pub! Can get a little too crowded at times, though, we always used to end up in the Nelson or the Belle Vue... good pubs all! The Golden Triangle pubs are one of the few things I really miss about Norwich................. [:(]

Certainly last season Lloyds were allowing away fans in wearing shirts, even a couple of Ipswich fans in there in shirts having breakfast.

For the Col Utd game season before there were more away shirts than home shirts.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

For those that do, does your watering hole of choice allow away fans? If so then please list below.

Many thanks!

[/quote]

It makes me want to go wee wee during the game....however... I recommend the Castle Pub in Norwich.....

Horse and Dray is welcoming to all.....as long as you behave yourself that is!!!Super duper Pub.

Many thanks my lovelies. That''s a list to get cracking on with, cheers. Hotels and car parks I should be able to find out myself.

"I recommend the Castle Pub in Norwich....."

Blimey, Cluck just came out of the closet and you all missed it.

[quote user="Metatron"]"I recommend the Castle Pub in Norwich....." Blimey, Cluck just came out of the closet and you all missed it.[/quote]

Finally someone twigged it.....

Just the place to send away supporters I thought..... Not that I''m homophobic or anything...   [;)]

Good old Google.

[quote user="Metatron"]Weird, I thought that was a picture of you on the home page...[/quote]

Errrrrr....I didn''t go quite as far into it as that...simply Googled "gay bar Norwich" and it came up top....

You clearly have an advantage over me there Met.... or superior knowledge of the matter in general.