Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Dickinson to Brighton!

I don''t understand why people are upset. A colleague of mine is a Leeds fan. I mentioned we were in for him, and he had previously cost £750k, he nearly fell off his chair. Only one man''s opinion but judging by his reaction I think we have done well to steer clear.Also, why the need for a target man, it''s not necessary! OK, good for an option, but didn''t we play some of our ''better'' football with Gow and Mooney, two short ar$es, upfront? IMO the signing of Lee/Killen was a poor move when we should have pursisted with these guys. If you''ll excuse the pun, talent should be the measure of a footballer, not his height.

I would think that Dickinson (at 23) would be a good signing at League 1 level. Has potential to improve & therefore the club could see a significant increase in value. Has already proven that he has ''goal-scoring ability''. 43 goals in 79 league starts so far. How much are County looking for? Probably end up signing for Brighton or another club for £250K!

TURNED OUT TO BE £100K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8150301.stm

Smith - Please place the club in administration NOW, as it seems somewhat inevitable!

Sky Sports infobar says that fee agreed with Brighton. (sounds like) Clucking Bell. When is this tight-arsed club going to learn. We are a fcuking joke, going to Derby with a couple of derisory offers. Now I know that we haven''t got a lot of money, but the rebates plus Foulger''s doubling should have covered this. My guess that this money has already been spoken for.

When are we going to learn; we need to speculate to accumulate.

Delia - its time for you to foxtrot oscar back over the border, take all your cronies with you and never return.

In a way, I now hope that we go into administration.

BLOODY JOKE CLUB

Who are you trying to kid DCA?  Admin would be far worse than what we''ve got now - at least we start the season on 0 points unlike Southampton

Anyway who would you get in to run the club?  Cullum won''t (or possibly now can''t) - Bernard Matthews has never shown interest, Aviva don''t deal in direct ownership.  The club fell out with the Turners (and who knows how much they would have put in anyway).  Theres noone else locally and I cant think of anyone that would be interested in buying a D3 club.  I certainly dont want a Briatore (who has loads of money but wants to put prices up sky high).  I''m not sure how old you are but its not that many years ago that we had a chairman (Chase) that was more interested in buying land than players and syphoned millions out of the club.  I''m not a DS and MWJ fan before you start - looking back at the Norwich of old we used to pay our way building up the Youth team and then selling the players on (Sutton being the biggest sale) to survive.  Thats stopped now (probably because we havent got much worth selling) but needs to be built up again.  That takes time

As for offers to Derby - how do we know whether (a) we have the money and (b) whether Derby are asking over the odds.  I dont care how much Dickinson goes for, its a gamble as to whether he''s worth it

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Who are you trying to kid DCA?  Admin would be far worse than what we''ve got now - at least we start the season on 0 points unlike Southampton

Anyway who would you get in to run the club?  Cullum won''t (or possibly now can''t) - Bernard Matthews has never shown interest, Aviva don''t deal in direct ownership.  The club fell out with the Turners (and who knows how much they would have put in anyway).  Theres noone else locally and I cant think of anyone that would be interested in buying a D3 club.  I certainly dont want a Briatore (who has loads of money but wants to put prices up sky high).  I''m not sure how old you are but its not that many years ago that we had a chairman (Chase) that was more interested in buying land than players and syphoned millions out of the club.  I''m not a DS and MWJ fan before you start - looking back at the Norwich of old we used to pay our way building up the Youth team and then selling the players on (Sutton being the biggest sale) to survive.  Thats stopped now (probably because we havent got much worth selling) but needs to be built up again.  That takes time

As for offers to Derby - how do we know whether (a) we have the money and (b) whether Derby are asking over the odds.  I dont care how much Dickinson goes for, its a gamble as to whether he''s worth it

[/quote]

RUDDY FOOL!