Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Dickinson to Brighton!

Your thread title would lead some to believe that he has already signed for Brighton but it appears that Brighton have just "shown an interest".

Looks like our bid has fallen short of their valuation, how many times has that happened in the last few years only for someone else to come in and pay the asking price? We then end up getting to the start of the season having not signed a striker and either getting a loan player that nobody else wants or going with what we''ve got, will this club never learn. I know you need to get as much as possible for the money you have but while there are other clubs prepared to pay the asking price for players you either have to pay or end up going in the direction we''ve been going in for far to long now.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Looks like our bid has fallen short of their valuation, how many times has that happened in the last few years only for someone else to come in and pay the asking price? We then end up getting to the start of the season having not signed a striker and either getting a loan player that nobody else wants or going with what we''ve got, will this club never learn. I know you need to get as much as possible for the money you have but while there are other clubs prepared to pay the asking price for players you either have to pay or end up going in the direction we''ve been going in for far to long now.

[/quote]

I agree.

I would think that Dickinson (at 23) would be a good signing at League 1 level. Has potential to improve & therefore the club could see a significant increase in value. Has already proven that he has ''goal-scoring ability''. 43 goals in 79 league starts so far. How much are County looking for? Probably end up signing for Brighton or another club for £250K!

[quote user="DEB (never forgotten)"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

I agree.

I would think that Dickinson (at 23) would be a good signing at League 1 level. Has potential to improve & therefore the club could see a significant increase in value. Has already proven that he has ''goal-scoring ability''. 43 goals in 79 league starts so far. How much are County looking for? Probably end up signing for Brighton or another club for £250K!

[/quote/]

Agreed, don''t particularly rate Lee and as you say at least Dickinson would have a resale value whereas if we spent 300k on Lee we will get no return on that investment.

Thankfully he has only been linked with them.  The thing to remember is we have tested the water already with two "small" bids - to test their resolve to hold on to him.  Hopefully a bigger bid is already in...

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Which is a fair comment until you have to work out where the money is coming from.  Have you got £250k to spend on a striker? 

Don''t think so.....

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Which is a fair comment until you have to work out where the money is coming from.  Have you got £250k to spend on a striker? 

Don''t think so.....

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Don''t think so.....

[/quote]

I think the question that needs to be asked is why we don''t have 250k, but we don''t really want to go through all that again as it''s all getting a bit boring.

[quote user="Captain Dejan Just For Missing In Action"]Would you rather play for Brighton or Norwich?[/quote]Rather live in Brighton for sure....

[/quote]

Don''t think so.....

[/quote]

For christ sake BH!!! what a stupid bloody argument,The board should shut up shop now if they haven''t got 250k!!!! It''s not up to the fans to buy players mate, it''s the people who run the club,we do our bit year after year,pity they don''t do the same!!!

I would hazard a guess that there is not much in this. I could be wrong but i would suggest that this is more Derby or the players agent trying to get the players name in the papers. It could even be the website making up a story to fill space? Something i am sure good''ol pinkun wouldn''t ever do!

[/quote]

Don''t think so.....

[/quote]

About £14 per season ticket sold = £250k.

There is your answer.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Captain Dejan Just For Missing In Action"]Would you rather play for Brighton or Norwich?[/quote]

Rather live in Brighton for sure....
[/quote]

Are you into that type of thing?

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]I am fairly certain one can live in Brighton without being part of the gay scene, if that is what you are alluding too.[/quote]

Perhaps he is a nudist?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

The place is pretty much flooded with gays and lesbians.

[/quote]

About 40% of the population of Brighton are Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual. This compares with a national figure of around 10%.

As the vicar pointed out, there are plenty of straight people in Brighton....... 

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Captain Dejan Just For Missing In Action"]Would you rather play for Brighton or Norwich?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was you that is homosexual Tom?

I swear you once said something along the lines of "I am black and gay", or something similar....

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="canarytom"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I swear you once said something along the lines of "I am black and gay", or something similar....

[/quote]

I most certainly am not and I never said anything of the sort. I''m not black either, I just like Chubbs

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="canarytom"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I most certainly am not and I never said anything of the sort. I''m not black either, I just like Chubbs

[/quote]

Fair enough, but I have spent the last year being convinced that you are gay. Not that that would be a problem though.

I have no idea who Chubbs is to be honest, I just assumed that the bloke in your avatar was actually you...... although to come to think about it, have you also had a genuine picture of yourself in your avatar too?

Just goes to show how the internet paints certain perceptions of people!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="canarytom"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Captain Dejan Just For Missing In Action"]Would you rather play for Brighton or Norwich?[/quote]Rather live in Brighton for sure....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough, but I have spent the last year being convinced that you are gay. Not that that would be a problem though.

I have no idea who Chubbs is to be honest, I just assumed that the bloke in your avatar was actually you...... although to come to think about it, have you also had a genuine picture of yourself in your avatar too?

Just goes to show how the internet paints certain perceptions of people!

[/quote]hahaha, classic!

[quote user="canarytom"]I feel dirty[/quote]

I didn''t mean to turn you on Tom, please note at this stage that I am certainly not that way inclined!

I don’t think the board have got 250k….. I agree that its not down to the fans to buy players but the club hasn’t got the money either.  I’m well aware that there has been a lot of wastage over the years – not all of it in the ‘football’ part of the club either – but it means the money just isn’t there any more.  Lita’s wages last year didn’t come from the board, and I think we are living very much hand to mouth now

Juan Velasco, great idea unfortunately the club is living beyond its means, even now (as most clubs do – if football was a proper business we would have gone bust years ago) and that means we can’t just divert part of the season ticket income into buying players.  Its not just the fee we have to pay – its wages, medical bills, car, housing you name it.  The club wasn’t helped by people keeping their rebate, however I’m not going to point fingers, or go down that road again (before anyone starts) – people kept their rebate for their own reasons and if they can justify it to themselves then they don’t need to justify it to anyone else.

The other point to note is that even if we DO find the money, Dickinson is a gamble, same as almost any player.  Yes signs are he’d be a good player but same thing applies to most of the donkeys we’ve bought over the years.  For the record I think we’re better off with Lee – he’s a proven scorer at Championship level with the scum so chances are he’ll do OK at our level.  Plus he really wants to play for us which helps

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

I don’t think the board have got 250k….. I agree that its not down to the fans to buy players but the club hasn’t got the money either.  I’m well aware that there has been a lot of wastage over the years – not all of it in the ‘football’ part of the club either – but it means the money just isn’t there any more.  Lita’s wages last year didn’t come from the board, and I think we are living very much hand to mouth now

Juan Velasco, great idea unfortunately the club is living beyond its means, even now (as most clubs do – if football was a proper business we would have gone bust years ago) and that means we can’t just divert part of the season ticket income into buying players.  Its not just the fee we have to pay – its wages, medical bills, car, housing you name it.  The club wasn’t helped by people keeping their rebate, however I’m not going to point fingers, or go down that road again (before anyone starts) – people kept their rebate for their own reasons and if they can justify it to themselves then they don’t need to justify it to anyone else.

The other point to note is that even if we DO find the money, Dickinson is a gamble, same as almost any player.  Yes signs are he’d be a good player but same thing applies to most of the donkeys we’ve bought over the years.  For the record I think we’re better off with Lee – he’s a proven scorer at Championship level with the scum so chances are he’ll do OK at our level.  Plus he really wants to play for us which helps

[/quote]

Not taking a ''gamble'' and ''risks'' is going to cost us a hell of a lot more than trying to get back up with what we have got.

I guarentee that failure to win promotion at first attempt will see about 12,000 season tickets next season. Its not a case of not being able to afford to do it, its a case of not being able to afford not to.  You have to speculate to accumulate, not finding the money again is exactly the same mistake that we have made for the last few seasons.

Relegation may have cost this club money, and we clearly have to cut our cloth accordingly (Marshall going, Croft going, staff redundancies is a start).

But failure to invest in the first team squad will cost us even more. The only way to arrest the decline of our club is to invest in players of a sufficient calibre on the pitch, and if this club cannot find £1m to spend this summer (considering Cureton, Marshall and Croft cost us £2.4m together) then we are f*cked.

Im fed up with this prudance crap. Why not look at it from a different angle?  Relegation is said to have cost us £7m per season in lost revenue.  We can stay down this season and lose another £3m in revenue, or we can invest £1m in the playing squad and try and get that £7m back.

I know which one I will choose.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

Not taking a ''gamble'' and ''risks'' is going to cost us a hell of a lot more than trying to get back up with what we have got.

I guarentee that failure to win promotion at first attempt will see about 12,000 season tickets next season. Its not a case of not being able to afford to do it, its a case of not being able to afford not to.  You have to speculate to accumulate, not finding the money again is exactly the same mistake that we have made for the last few seasons.

Relegation may have cost this club money, and we clearly have to cut our cloth accordingly (Marshall going, Croft going, staff redundancies is a start).

But failure to invest in the first team squad will cost us even more. The only way to arrest the decline of our club is to invest in players of a sufficient calibre on the pitch, and if this club cannot find £1m to spend this summer (considering Cureton, Marshall and Croft cost us £2.4m together) then we are f*cked.

Im fed up with this prudance crap. Why not look at it from a different angle?  Relegation is said to have cost us £7m per season in lost revenue.  We can stay down this season and lose another £3m in revenue, or we can invest £1m in the playing squad and try and get that £7m back.

I know which one I will choose.

[/quote]

And before you ask where we are going to get £1m from, please be reminded that the club have themselves claimed that 700k will be directed to the playing budget from rebate fiasco, and that the club recieved 500k from David Marshall. Add to that the fact that the wage bill has already been cut almost in half by the departure of expensive loan players, and there you have your answer.

250k for Dickinson = less than Lee Crofts annual salary.  Stop settling for mediocrity.