Sign in to follow this  
Name on a Brick

Where's Wally! - Gunny goes Golfing with Alan Shearer... in July???!!!!

Just to show how much of a shambles we''ve become, is the manager going away on a golf jolly with Sir Bobby, big Alan and co?

I know its for charity but surely Gunny and we have got bigger fish to fry in PRE-SEASON. Footballers (and managers) play golf in JUNE!!!!!!

Struth!

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/BryanGunn/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=BryanGunn&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=BryanGunn&itemid=NOED03%20Apr%202009%2009%3A20%3A11%3A887

For those not bothered to link here is the piece!!

SHEARER IS THE MAN TO LIFT MAGPIES TO SAFETY

Alan Shearer''s return to Newcastle as manager for the rest of the season looks like just the spark they need to preserve their Premier League status.

Newcastle is a massive club and Alan is a very influential person in that part of the country. His name has been linked with the job many times in the past and as they''re in a precarious position in the table, the inspiration he can give the players and the crowd in the final eight games could be the key to survival.

It''s also an opportunity for Alan to come in and see if he enjoys the role. He''s never taken that final step into management before but his chance has come now and if he keeps them in the Premier League I''m sure he''ll look forward to continuing in that role next season.

Up to now he has done his coaching qualifications and got on with his TV roles. He enjoys his golf and I''m looking forward to seeing him at Sir Bobby Robson''s Golf Classic in July - and I hope we''ll be talking about our respective clubs staying in our present leagues. This season has provided an opportunity for both of us, having played for our clubs for many years, to try to help them out of difficult situations.

Seems very much to me like criticism for the sake of criticism. Gunny isn''t shackelled to his desk; he can enjoy pursuits outside of Norwich City Fc, you know.

"Just to show how much of a shambles we''ve become" Are you serious? Gunn attends a charity event and we''re suddenly a shambles?You fucking idiot.

Gunn should be at the ground sorting out deals - havent you started training yet either??

anyways..... he has had all of end may and early june to play golf not now.... these are the few weeks where shed loads players be made available or released and you should be fully prepared to make approaches

[quote user="Name on a Brick"]Just to show how much of a shambles we''ve become, is the manager going away on a golf jolly with Sir Bobby, big Alan and co? I know its for charity but surely Gunny and we have got bigger fish to fry in PRE-SEASON. Footballers (and managers) play golf in JUNE!!!!!! Struth! http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/BryanGunn/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=BryanGunn&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=BryanGunn&itemid=NOED03%20Apr%202009%2009%3A20%3A11%3A887 For those not bothered to link here is the piece!! SHEARER IS THE MAN TO LIFT MAGPIES TO SAFETY Alan Shearer''s return to Newcastle as manager for the rest of the season looks like just the spark they need to preserve their Premier League status. Newcastle is a massive club and Alan is a very influential person in that part of the country. His name has been linked with the job many times in the past and as they''re in a precarious position in the table, the inspiration he can give the players and the crowd in the final eight games could be the key to survival. It''s also an opportunity for Alan to come in and see if he enjoys the role. He''s never taken that final step into management before but his chance has come now and if he keeps them in the Premier League I''m sure he''ll look forward to continuing in that role next season. Up to now he has done his coaching qualifications and got on with his TV roles. He enjoys his golf and I''m looking forward to seeing him at Sir Bobby Robson''s Golf Classic in July - and I hope we''ll be talking about our respective clubs staying in our present leagues. This season has provided an opportunity for both of us, having played for our clubs for many years, to try to help them out of difficult situations.[/quote]

So Gunny is in a golf game with the manager of Newcastle united.... stop.. think.. why could this be BENFICIAL to Norwich city? if you hacve more than 1 active braincell you will come back on here, apologise for making a complete tit of yourself with the above post and realise that hob nobbing with other managers could just get us the odd player or 2.....

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

Gunn should be at the ground sorting out deals - havent you started training yet either??

anyways..... he has had all of end may and early june to play golf not now.... these are the few weeks where shed loads players be made available or released and you should be fully prepared to make approaches

[/quote]

Gunn should do whatever he wants in his free time, just like you or I.  If that''s to play golf for charity then more power to his elbow.

We have a management team, which includes Dixie who is the scout, don''t you think they would be in constant contact with Gunny via those little things called mobile phones should a deal need to be done?

Sheesh, get a grip man.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Gunn should do whatever he wants in his free time, just like you or I.  If that''s to play golf for charity then more power to his elbow.

We have a management team, which includes Dixie who is the scout, don''t you think they would be in constant contact with Gunny via those little things called mobile phones should a deal need to be done?

Sheesh, get a grip man.

[/quote]

Don''t forget we also have coaches who help with the training

Sooner Gunn gets fired the better for this club , do not see him surviving 15 games next season and we should be thankful for that i suppose . Biggest muppet to ever manage a football club anywhere , the joke that is Gunn is just not funny anymore .

Erm all business do charity events, even Bacton gas terminals mangers and staff go to golf days, do you think that the gas supply is just turned off for a day???

And whats wrong with a CHARITY event, its one day, hes doinf something to help others, which i dont think is such a abd thing.

So stop complaining were theres nothing to complain about

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l heard about gunny golfing aswell, its a disgace, very worried about next season, the players dont respect him![/quote]

Wow when did you speak to ALL the players?

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]Sooner Gunn gets fired the better for this club , do not see him surviving 15 games next season and we should be thankful for that i suppose . Biggest muppet to ever manage a football club anywhere , the joke that is Gunn is just not funny anymore .
[/quote]

For this to happen you are hoping that we have an awful start to the season. Crawl back in your hole

Apparently Gunny also spent some time with his family over the last month! It''s a absolute disgrace! I expect a manager to manage Norwich 100%! If he isn''t sleeping, he should be signing more players! Unbelieveable! Sack Delia! Sack the board! Sack God!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l heard about gunny golfing aswell, its a disgace, very worried about next season, the players dont respect him![/quote]

Wow when did you speak to ALL the players?

[/quote]

So when did you speak to and get all the players opinions bbc?

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]Sooner Gunn gets fired the better for this club , do not see him surviving 15 games next season and we should be thankful for that i suppose . Biggest muppet to ever manage a football club anywhere , the joke that is Gunn is just not funny anymore .
[/quote]

It seems to some people could teach Alastair Cambell I thing or two about the black art of spin, what with this post and the reaction to yesterday''s press conference certain posters will twist any news item to fit their agenda.

[quote user="Name on a Brick"]Just to show how much of a shambles we''ve become, is the manager going away on a golf jolly with Sir Bobby, big Alan and co? I know its for charity but surely Gunny and we have got bigger fish to fry in PRE-SEASON. Footballers (and managers) play golf in JUNE!!!!!! Struth! [/quote]Just want to reiterate what a waste of time it is for a football manager to spend a day or two of his holiday attending a charity event with other footballers!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/storyrss.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=NORWICH&itemid=NOED15%20Jul%202009%2009%3A58%3A04%3A020

"“I bumped into him when I was in Portugal at a Bobby Robson charity golf event in Villa Sol,” said Bridges. “I go along every year and support it if I can and this year we met each other quite out of the blue.

“It was interesting what he had to say. He mentioned a few things and asked what I''d been doing and I told him I''d been offered a contract with a couple of clubs and the opportunity came up to go to Norwich so he could have a look at me and vice versa, so I could have a look at Norwich City."