Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Can anyone reassure me...?

As I''m unable to go to the West Brom game on 16th and shall be stuck here listening to it, can anyone reassure me that I won''t reach 5pm with all my hair turned grey (or fallen out) and my nails all bitten to bloody stumps because of Uncle Neil and Grandad Roy?  Are there any alternatives to my sad demise?  (Is the game to be shown on any Scandanavian channel, for example?)  I know I''m clutching at straws here, but it''s the first game I''ve not seen since the 3-5 thriller at Burnley.  When went 1-0 down I put my gardening clobber on.  1-1, I came back in.  2-1, back out again to pummel some weeds.  2-2, back in for a drink.  3-2, god the weeds really took a hammering.  3-3, back in for another drink (and a run around the house screaming!)  Stayed in from that point on as the rest is history...but you see what I mean.  Not seeing the action turns me into a nervous wreck.  Can anyone help me?  The N&N A&E depattment could do without seeing me that day, I think!!!

Well there was a rumour that the Jubilee and Temple Bar show the City games on the dodgy satellite dishes. I found before the Liverpool game that the Jubilee was showing Arsenal v Man City and the Temple Bar don''t have the dish! So I will be finding out if the Jubilee will be showing it some time next week. The only other pub I know of is the Murderers, but you need to get in there before 1pm as it gets "rammed".

[quote]As I''m unable to go to the West Brom game on 16th and shall be stuck here listening to it, can anyone reassure me that I won''t reach 5pm with all my hair turned grey (or fallen out) and my nails all b...[/quote]

susie, with your bad knee you really need to calm down, though i have to say, through experience, the ncfc/wba clashes are not as exciting as that memorable 5-3, so you are more likely to fall alseep amongst your daffodil bulbs than be pulling up those damn weeds

enjoy anyway, are you going to the game tonight btw, shall be in your stand ( sorry, compulsory seating area) don''t know how we will get on!!

susieb, you should worry. You should try being a City supporter for whom match day consists of connecting to Canaries World and listening in to the broadcast Radio Norfolk commentary, and that''s because you aren''t within broadcast range of the Radio Norfolk transmitters.

I''d treasure the chance to get to a home game................

Thank goodness for Canaries World in this Canary wilderness here in bonny Scotland

Hi susie, know what you mean about Roy,

It may be on BBC 5 live, but then you get stuck with Alan Green and he''s worse still.

Talk Sport is good, they whip around the grounds and if a goal is scored they are there straight away.

Failing that if you subscribe to  Canaries World you can listen to our Roy, giving a yellow and green flavoured version, or the WBA chap with his Baggies-biased account.

Hi Gazza - because of the ''injury'' I have had to be sensible and decide to stay at home and rest.  Head rules heart shocker, and all that!  I hope you enjoy yourself, and don''t forget that in the Morgue Stand you''re in full view of the cameras, as I''ve often found out to my cost -  (see last season''s review if you doubt me!)

Morph, you''ve got me breaking out into a cold sweat as I write!  I can sort of imagine how you feel, but will I feel the same on 16th as I struggle to visualise anything but a blur happening out there?!