Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

High-scoring Norwich matches

What have been the highest scoring matches involving Norwich over the years?  The main one''s that spring to mind with me are beating Burnley 5-3, Middelsbrough 4-4 and a 4-4 at Charlton we had ages ago.

There must be a higher-scoring game than them in the last 20 years?

466 v 0 against against a woman''s team from Saudi Arabia in 1922.....

Great game....

I remember 4 games against Southampton over the years,

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[quote user="crabman84"]Oh yeah!  Didn''t Rosario score a load in that game?  has there been anything higher than 8 goals in a game?[/quote]No, it was whats his name? little sod with gap teeth from Newcastle

the southampton game when we lost 4-5 was amazing! I think Robins scored a hat trick after coming on as a sub... and Ken Monkou scored a header at the death... I think those three points kept them up. It''s the only game i can remember when i left feeling happy even after losing.. It was just such an amazing game of football... In the same season we also lost in a friendly 4-5 against Genoa, John Deehan played and scored I think?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

466 v 0 against against a woman''s team from Saudi Arabia in 1922.....

Great game....

[/quote]I take it we lost ?

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]was it everton we beat 6-0 and efan ekuku scored 5?[/quote]

5-1 at Goodison, Efan got 4. Think Sutton got the other one.

I''ll get me coat!!!!!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]was it everton we beat 6-0 and efan ekuku scored 5?[/quote]

I''ll get me coat!!!!!

[/quote]That was a top game! I remember it will, wasn''t there a goal of the month contender in amongst Efan''s 4?

If true, I have too much time on my hands to remember such things, also what was the league cup score vs Barnet a few years ago?

[quote user="jimidack"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

I''ll get me coat!!!!!

[/quote]

That was a top game! I remember it will, wasn''t there a goal of the month contender in amongst Efan''s 4?

If true, I have too much time on my hands to remember such things, also what was the league cup score vs Barnet a few years ago?
[/quote]

5-2. We were 5-0 up after half-an-hour, I recall.

i was at Cov 5 -4 defeat

also Sutton 8 - 0

Forest h 2 -6

Liverpool h 3 - 5

Liverpool a 2 - 6

Millwall h 6 -1

Sheff Utd a 5 -2

Man City FAC 0 - 6

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

I remember 4 games against Southampton over the years,

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

the saints 4-3 win was great, i was in teh saints area, there stadium was great, was quite annoying i couldn''t cheer for Norwich, when we actually scored 3 [:P]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jimidack"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

I''ll get me coat!!!!!

[/quote]That was a top game! I remember it will, wasn''t there a goal of the month contender in amongst Efan''s 4?

If true, I have too much time on my hands to remember such things, also what was the league cup score vs Barnet a few years ago? [/quote]

5-2. We were 5-0 up after half-an-hour, I recall.

[/quote]no i am pretty certain it was 5 - 1. Ekoku scored 4 and Sutton scored 1. I think that they even scored 1st!A couple of years back my brother saw Ekoku in a bar in Wimbledon and went up to him to say hi... He mentioned to him about the 4 goals and the fact he was on the norfolk broads with football focus the next week... he was really chuffed that someone knew who he was apparently and said he loved being on tv the following week.

My first real thumping by NCFC was vs Millwall in 85-86, seem to remember their goal was a cracker though.