Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

Bye Bye Sentanta

Just went on their website to try and get an address to cancel my subscription as they longer have any football and ufc and this is what i found.....

Setanta Sports Customers from England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, please be advised that it is with great regret that Setanta GB is no longer trading.

Setanta Sports is still operating in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. Customers from ROI and NI should go to www.setanta.com/ie for more information.

Setanta Sport Limited
Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited
Setanta Sports S.a.r.l
(All In Administration)
(together "the Companies")

On 23 June 2009, Neville Kahn, Lee Manning and Nick Edwards were appointed Joint Administrators of the Companies and now manage the affairs, business and property of Setanta Sport Limited and Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited and Setanta Sports S.a.r.l.. The Joint Administrators contract as agents of the Companies and without personal liability

Perhaps, like other countries we should simply say no to Sky''s monopoly when it comes to games of importance (or our national Sport of Cricket) being played on home soil.  Do us all a favour and sod off Sky.

Apparently, they could not live up to the clause in their contracts that said they had to pay for the games they showed.  now they are going out of business, so there will be no more contracts for them

There will be no more Setanta Claus!  Merry effing Xmas, everybody, and to all a good night. [:D]

Good, they were shite. It was embarrassing watching the Sultana sports news, the commentry was pants, especially Burley.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Perhaps, like other countries we should simply say no to Sky''s monopoly when it comes to games of importance (or our national Sport of Cricket) being played on home soil.  Do us all a favour and sod off Sky.

[/quote]

There is a selection of sporting events designated by the governement that must be shown on free to air television, for example the Grand National...

Bloody good job, hated half the games i actually wanted to see being on Setanta.

You guys realise the games cant all go to sky though? Anti monopoly laws means that whatever happens one package of 23 has to go somewhere other than sky, which is now ESPN. While its currently free on sky they will apparently go the Setanta route and charge extra to have it on sky.

I really hope some broadcaster takes up the Blue Square Premier rights - its not fair on the struggling teams in the 5th tier to be left in the lurch in such a poor financial climate. Maybe a good option for a channel like ITV4 - although ITV can bearly afford it.I expect the Community Shield and FA Cup games will be bought by Sky

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Good, they were shite. It was embarrassing watching the Sultana sports news, the commentry was pants, especially Burley.

[/quote]

I bet the 200 people who just lost their jobs are thinking good too ! Think yourself lucky your not one of them.

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I really hope some broadcaster takes up the Blue Square Premier rights - its not fair on the struggling teams in the 5th tier to be left in the lurch in such a poor financial climate. Maybe a good option for a channel like ITV4 - although ITV can bearly afford it.
I expect the Community Shield and FA Cup games will be bought by Sky

[/quote]

I might sound harsh, but I wonder what other country in the world would show division 5 football live on TV.

It shouldn''t ever have been on in the first place, why should Torquay Utd be on TV more that us or indeed most other championship, league one or two clubs?!?!

[quote user="Stone Cold"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote] I bet the 200 people who just lost their jobs are thinking good too ! Think yourself lucky your not one of them.[/quote]

Agree 100%, feel sorry for those who lost their jobs.

Maybe in better times it might have attracted enough subscribers to survive.

It will make any other TV companies realize that overpaying for sporting rights can be a disaster.

Question is,what is ESPN like as a network?Will it be better than Setanta,and will it come with any American sports like baseball and ice hockey,which may persuade my landlord to get it?

[quote user=" Baldrick"]Now that Satanta has gone under can anyone help me. I liked the German football  coverage. Any ideas about getting German  football?.  [/quote]

motorised dish satellite system, plenty shown on Astra1 and Hotbird if you know where to lok, free to air too.

[quote user="Herman "]Question is,what is ESPN like as a network?Will it be better than Setanta,and will it come with any American sports like baseball and ice hockey,which may persuade my landlord to get it?[/quote]

you can watch live games for free on ESPn''s website i think

jas :)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I really hope some broadcaster takes up the Blue Square Premier rights - its not fair on the struggling teams in the 5th tier to be left in the lurch in such a poor financial climate. Maybe a good option for a channel like ITV4 - although ITV can bearly afford it.I expect the Community Shield and FA Cup games will be bought by Sky[/quote]

I might sound harsh, but I wonder what other country in the world would show division 5 football live on TV.

It shouldn''t ever have been on in the first place, why should Torquay Utd be on TV more that us or indeed most other championship, league one or two clubs?!?!

[/quote]im a torquay fan, QUITE HANDY seeing em on tv....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Oh no I hope someone picks up UFC![/quote]

BBC or ITV hopefully. And why the hell has ESPN got Premier League. They have there own leagues. Greedy Americans

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Oh no I hope someone picks up UFC![/quote]

BBC or ITV hopefully. And why the hell has ESPN got Premier League. They have there own leagues. Greedy Americans

[/quote]or Bravo

This is irritating. Special1TV was the best thing i''ve seen on television for a long time!