Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

No comment about Jamie Lad?

Can obviously see his point, he''s only got a year or two left in him at the pro level, so maybe better suited moving on to another League 1 or 2 club.I would like us to keep Jamie tho as League 1 might be his level, and he''ll be good backup to Cody, and also a good mentor. Jamie might even surprise us and bang the goals in League 1, his goal for Barnsley last season proved he might still have the goods in him, so i think he should be given a chance.

Allow me Pete.

I read this over brekkie, yes, I pay for my EDP! and I understand Jamie''s point of view compleatly. He''s 33 now, and needs to think of HIS future and if Gunn doeasn''t want to put him ahead of an unproven Cody, why should he stick around?

130 League One goals don''t lie, and yes, last year was poor for him, but he wants to be here, and that says everything for me.

My View - which won''t be popular is that he will be very useful at League one level. This is the league he has scored many of his goals in his career. The championship might be a step to far, but at this level he should be able to hit the net on a regular basis.

And personally I would be very concerned if he signed for a fellow League One club.

[quote user="Jim Kent"] And personally I would be very concerned if he signed for a fellow League One club.[/quote]

Same here Jim, haven''t we learnt from the Barnsley fiasco last season?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Allow me Pete.

I read this over brekkie, yes, I pay for my EDP! and I understand Jamie''s point of view compleatly. He''s 33 now, and needs to think of HIS future and if Gunn doeasn''t want to put him ahead of an unproven Cody, why should he stick around?

130 League One goals don''t lie, and yes, last year was poor for him, but he wants to be here, and that says everything for me.

[/quote]I agree in that he has to focus on his own future, and if he isn''t in the plans he has to stop ''bleeding'' yellow and green, and staying with us when it isn''t benefiting us.I personally don''t think he''ll be good enough - but we should give him a go...if it doesn''t work out he can leave in January [:)]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]My View - which won''t be popular is that he will be very useful at League one level. This is the league he has scored many of his goals in his career. The championship might be a step to far, but at this level he should be able to hit the net on a regular basis. And personally I would be very concerned if he signed for a fellow League One club.[/quote]

I tend to agree Jim.So long as he can get some confidence back and a decent strike partner,he could be a real asset to have around.And as Wiz says i would rather him being here than at a rival team,getting vital goals and points.Here''s hoping......

Not a huge fan of Cureton but I recognise there are good players who lose form - and confidence - but in there is still a quality player. I wouldn''t mind if he was given a fair crack alongside Cody Mac - neither are static players and could feed each other..

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]The goal is the same size no matter what league he plays in. It''s not as if he hasn''t had a chance in front of goal is it?[/quote]

But the quality of defences isn''t!

First wiz that aint going to make any difference! Cureton is one of the main reasons we got relegated. He missed 1 or 2 sitters every match he played in! All those points thrown away! He gets payed good money and he was absolute crap last season. I say we should get rid of him and get someone like Holt who know''s where the goal is.

[quote user="colneycanary"]First wiz that aint going to make any difference! Cureton is one of the main reasons we got relegated. He missed 1 or 2 sitters every match he played in! All those points thrown away! He gets payed good money and he was absolute crap last season. I say we should get rid of him and get someone like Holt who know''s where the goal is.[/quote]

Curo didn''t play that many games last season, and look to Roeder, Gunn, Marshall and a crap defence for the reasons for our relegation.

They are the main culprits!

I like Jamie, but on the evidence of last season he could not hit a cow''s posterior with a banjo from 2 foot away.  He may still have something to offer at League 1 level from the bench but I cant see him making the starting line up many times unless he seriously rediscovers his shooting boots.  His wages are the key to whether or not he is a luxury we can afford.

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I''ll say it again now, Curo could be very useful at this level regardless of how he played last season. I wanted him out last season as much as anybody but feel league 1 is his level of play and for that reason, keep him.

Curo still has a year left on his contract. If it expired on 30 June this year, do you honestly thing Gunn would offer him a new one wiz? As much as I like Jamie, he will 34 in August and if he wants regular football, his only choice is to move on. Gunn is sure to bring in at least one new striker and the best Jamie can hope for is to warm the bench. Common sense says he has to go.

As a squad player he definatley has something to offer. I think his most useful role would be similar to that of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer''s (Yeah, I have no idea if that''s how you spell it or not, sue me) role during Man United''s treble season. He was part of basically a four man strike-force along with Cole, Yorke and Sheringham, the latter having a similar role to him. When he played he still scored plenty of goals and earned himself plenty of starts. Whilst obviously that team needed a big squad to compete on 3 fronts I see no reason why Gunn couldn''t emply a similar strategy.I say see how he gets on in pre-season, specifically against the bigger teams we are playing. If he plays well, he should play a part against Colchester. If not, it might be time for both parties to explore other options. But we do need players like Cureton who are at least commited to the cause.

Watching the highlights of him playing against Chelsea reserves, he was a different class. But, he needs to show it on the pitch, and he didn''t last year.

[quote user="jbghost"]Cureton should be the first name on Gunn''s team sheet. To not play him against Colchester would be stupid.[/quote] We should start with our two main strikers for the season , god help us if Cureton is one of those.

I don''t know what the fuss is, I really don''t.  Jamie would suit Div 1 just fine.  And if Gunn didn''t want him he''d have told him by now.  As for posters doubting Jamie''s ability in this league is ridiculous imo.

I think we need to keep him and give him a chance. Proven goalscorer at this level and this could be like a fresh start for him. I''m not saying he will be starting every week but if he finds his form then he will certainly be a useful squad player.

I have always believed that this his level and always has been, a couple ofdecent decents higher up has not changed my opinion on him. He has never had much pace and I think he will do very well next, like Wiz said, we should not pin all our hopes on Cody Mc and we will need Curo.

How many more chances do you give a short and slow striker the wrong side of 30 who doesn''t contribute much to play and hasn''t been reliable infront of goal for the last 2 seasons?

Probably on high wages as well.

If we can get rid then we should.