Sign in to follow this  
natncfc

LETS SEE WHO REALLY WANTS TO WEAR THE BADGE!!!

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS WE ARE TAKING OUR TIME IN SELLING CERTAIN PLAYERS?

IF CERTAIN PLAYERS DO NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR NORWICH CITY, THEN AS FAR AS I''M CONCERNED LETS GET RID!

AFTER ALL WE OUR IN THIS MESS NOW BECAUSE OF A LACK OF DRIVE AND COMMITMENT FROM LAST SEASONS PLAYERS.

MY WAY OF THINKING IS THE SOONER WE GET A SETTLED GROUP TOGETHER THE SOONER WE CAN START OUR CHARGE BACK UP THE LEAGUES!!

agree however it is worth noting that we now have a chief Exec that knows what he is doing.  Taking time may mean we get a higher fee.  I just hope a fair percentage of player sales is made available for team building

[quote user="natncfc"]

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS WE ARE TAKING OUR TIME IN SELLING CERTAIN PLAYERS?

IF CERTAIN PLAYERS DO NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR NORWICH CITY, THEN AS FAR AS I''M CONCERNED LETS GET RID!

AFTER ALL WE OUR IN THIS MESS NOW BECAUSE OF A LACK OF DRIVE AND COMMITMENT FROM LAST SEASONS PLAYERS.

MY WAY OF THINKING IS THE SOONER WE GET A SETTLED GROUP TOGETHER THE SOONER WE CAN START OUR CHARGE BACK UP THE LEAGUES!!

[/quote]

Stop shouting!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="natncfc"]

[/quote]

Stop shouting!

[/quote]

but he''s angry [:@]

I agree with Soldier On.

By trying to rush through sales, we give the impression that we need the cash and as such drive down the price of the player.

Clubs always sniff around relegated clubs to pick up a bargain as that club is likely to need to cut the wage bill.

For example, if their are clubs willing to pay 750k for Clingan now, and we want £1m, then hang on to him and await one of the interested parties to increase their bid. If in a months time nobody does, then more likely or not they will still offer the 750k on the table.

Remember that there is a chance of an incoming player in both the Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolohan deals, with the buying club possibly valuing their outgoing players (e.g. Alan Lee and Lee Dickinson) at more than we do. By playing it patient and cool, we are frustrating them, and driving a bargain.

If you set up stall at a car boot at 6.30am and somebody offers you £3 for a mirror, and you think it is worth £10..... then you will probably say no. If nobody offers you a better price before 12.30pm then you would probably accept something like £5.

I would rather us stop being the pushovers that we are, like Jurgen Colin sold for 30k!, and start being more aggressive in the transfer market. Hopefully McNally is a fighter, he looks and sounds like one, and that is exactly what this club needs.

Orrrrrrrr... who''s too crap to find another club and desperately wants to hang on to his current easily earned wage packet?......

Fit to wear the badge my arse.

I feel one of the main problems with our recent transfer dealings is that we have been too quick and seem to have taken the first offer. We seem to have stopped doing that and I think it is a good sign of change in the way the club is being run.In previous years we would have sold the players that will be sold by now!

That''s assuming ''certain'' players who are under contract don''t want to play for us anymore instead of saying no, i''ll take some of the blame foe what happened last season and i''ll stay here this season to try and put it right again [:O]

Agree with the sentiments of the initial Post. But we obviously have to bare in mind that players are much like the rest of us, and will stick with a current contract until something better comes up, until someone else wants their services. It is a Job for them after all, whereas for us it is our passion/hobby/happy clappy time (take your pick, I prefer passion). On Tuesday I handed in my notice in my place of work after 4.5 years with the current employers. Last year my boss was removed and replaced by a scumbag who I was unable to get on with, therefore I turned up at work (I do not do sickness), and put in my shifts, but my heart just was not in the work, and this started to show in the body language. The only reason I am back on form, is because someone has come in for me, and I have been offered a much better Job elsewhere, the confidence is back, and I guess it is similar with players. 

[quote user="corbs"]Agree with the sentiments of the initial Post. But we obviously have to bare in mind that players are much like the rest of us, and will stick with a current contract until something better comes up, until someone else wants their services. It is a Job for them after all, whereas for us it is our passion/hobby/happy clappy time (take your pick, I prefer passion). On Tuesday I handed in my notice in my place of work after 4.5 years with the current employers. Last year my boss was removed and replaced by a scumbag who I was unable to get on with, therefore I turned up at work (I do not do sickness), and put in my shifts, but my heart just was not in the work, and this started to show in the body language. The only reason I am back on form, is because someone has come in for me, and I have been offered a much better Job elsewhere, the confidence is back, and I guess it is similar with players. [/quote]

You mean you got the sack and are now in goverment training?

Well done.