Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Leon McKenzie from Cov.

A coventry fan has posted on the Transfer Rumours website that Clingan is set to join them for 750k and that they are set to release McKenzie.  I thought he recently signed a new contract?  If not, how good would a deal be involving McKenzie!  How old is he now?  And would he step down to League One again?

Also, where Safri nowadays?

While i don''t beleive this, i always liked Leon and wouldn''t mind giving him another go.

Why though?  What would the main snags be for this deal not to happen?  Let''s face it, McKenzie is hardly prolific at Championship level, and with Eastwood, Morrison, Best and apparently Lita who they are interested in being ahead of him, he wouldn''t get much of a look in at Cov!

[quote user="crabman84"]

A coventry fan has posted on the Transfer Rumours website that Clingan is set to join them for 750k and that they are set to release McKenzie.  I thought he recently signed a new contract?  If not, how good would a deal be involving McKenzie!  How old is he now?  And would he step down to League One again?

[/quote]

I think Safri is playing for a team called Qatar SC

[quote user="lynn canary"][quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]

I think Safri is playing for a team called Qatar SC

[/quote]

yeah I thinks thats so he dosn''t get tired during the African Cup Of Nations.

[quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]

Not you again.....F**K OFF you bellend

[quote user="bristol_canary"]oh look.. another made up story from crabman! at least make them semi-believable[/quote]

he has said why not? not its going to happen, at least read posts before you moan, this forum is getting really annoying, its just made up transfer rumours, or people moaning atm.

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="jimidack"]Mckenzie has already been released I thought...or am I crazy?[/quote]

You''re crazy

[/quote]Thanks! Just need clarification!  Wink [;)]

I always liked Mckenzie and was quite disappointed when he left, however I think we have proved over that last few years that signign former players back DOESN''T work (Russell, Cureton) anyway i thought he was injured (again) and not due to return for a while?

[quote user="Babyface"]Is it me but apart from the two goals against the scum and one against the Manure did he do much else?
[/quote]

I thought that he was a handy player, never let his head drop.

I wouldnt have him back though...... too injury prone and obviously didnt want to be here last time. By demanding to leave he left us in a bit of a sticky situation to be honest.

he''s hardly played a game for them since going there, is proper injury prone and to be honest I think it was a good bit of business letting him go for about a £mil back then.

Dont want him back......time for new heroes and all that.

Getting on now, and resultatnly getting more injured! I would much prefer an experienced target man styled player to play alongside Cureton/McDonald.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]wasn''t there some thing between francis wife or somthing like?? that thats why he left![/quote]Yes, something like that. But, I think they got rid of the wrong player. We missed Francis a lot when he left.