Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

What skills do you have that you can offer the club.

I''ve always been able to make really good cups of tea. I''m sure McNally would welcome a nice cuppa as he sets out trying to sort the club out ;]

I''m pretty good at steering the supermarket trolley to the car. Though I do have a few problems with those front-wheel drive Ikea-type trolleys. Why do they make ''em like that?

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]Well i thought this would head down this road, quite a few made me laugh. I just wanted to make a point that if you have something to offer, then just go for it, you might be able to help and offer your support in different ways while you are not in the stands. Dan[/quote]

With all due respect, we are not in administration and the club are not a charity.  What is it exactly that you want us to do for them?  Have you considered that people volunteering will only result in real life paid members of staff losing their jobs and not being able to pay their mortgages?

We have players of 5k a week plus, why not get rid of those players and start paying people 2.5k a week? sorted. Joe Bloggs the gardener will be able to feed his kids after getting home from mowing the lawns at colney, and the kit man will still have a job instead of everybodies grannys taking it in turns to wash kits for the players.

I cant help but feel that you may be a little strange mate. Earlier you were talking about passing on your secrets for living to 130, despite having no relevant qualifications. Do you think you are going to get through to a sports scientist at Carrow Road without him laughing you off within 30 seconds? We sold 18,000 season tickets, we are not Accrington Stanley.

People are losing their jobs, losing their houses, desperate for work..... and you are proposing that we all go to Carrow Road to work for free whilst the executives sit their on 50k a year thinking that we are lunatics.

The missus is good at writing out cheques!  She could deal with the rebates!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

With all due respect,

[/quote]

Shame the rest of your words forgot you started the post with respect.

we are not in administration and the club are not a charity.

[/quote]

I never said we were.

What is it exactly that you want us to do for them?

[/quote]

Like I said if you have something and you are able to offer it up, offer it, else perhaps just be thankful that you have fellow fans who have some skills that could support your club.

Have you considered that people volunteering will only result in real life paid members of staff losing their jobs and not being able to pay their mortgages?

[/quote]

If you honestly think my intentions of this post is to do people out of a job then I am sorry. My point was to give and add something of value, pass this information or skills onto the club and give others new skills and abilities. If you carry this fear then I am sorry to hear that.

We have players of 5k a week plus, why not get rid of those players and start paying people 2.5k a week? sorted. Joe Bloggs the gardener will be able to feed his kids after getting home from mowing the lawns at colney, and the kit man will still have a job instead of everybodies grannys taking it in turns to wash kits for the players.

[/quote]

Again my point was around what you can ADD and not just replace 1 for 1.

I cant help but feel that you may be a little strange mate. Earlier you were talking about passing on your secrets for living to 130, despite having no relevant qualifications. Do you think you are going to get through to a sports scientist at Carrow Road without him laughing you off within 30 seconds?

[/quote]

This is where you cross my line. Having no qualifications does not mean you are not capable of knowing more than someone else on a particular subject. I would take an unqualified builder with a lot of experience over a qualified builder with little experience anyday. If you base all decisions on are you qualified, then you only ever compare with what you have learned from your teacher, and we are all well aware from our education that what we have been taught in our schooling was F all to do with what we really needed, that is the way the system is designed, tech you F all and get you into debt and a crap job you hate, live till you are 75ish and die. I decided to get more than one teacher, I decided to not do what everyone else is doing. I have travelled far to attend lectures and seminars on a subject that I am passionate about and that I am well informed about. Yes I will live to 130 and I only say 130 cause if I tell you that my real goal you will think I am a real nut job!

The system is designed to make you believe that what is happening is exactly how it is. But as the xfiles used to say, the truth is out there. Try Wiki

The oldest woman - Lived till 122 and ate chocolate every day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

and Li Ching Yuen made it to 256 but you are not supposed to know this stuff cause you might ask a question like, hmm, if he can made 256 can I make 130? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen

That would F up the tax system and god forbid you might even question the Tax system, so these subjects are never talked about cause you might stop going to Burger King!

So queue the abuse!

However, that one day you find yourself ill and going to your doc and he gives you a shite load of pills as directed by the big pharmaceutical companies and you think, hmmm this is not quite right. If at that point I have found some suitable qualifications then I might be able to direct you to someone who can help.

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

With all due respect,

[/quote] Shame the rest of your words forgot you started the post with respect. [quote user="JuanVelasco"]

we are not in administration and the club are not a charity.

[/quote] I never said we were. [quote user="JuanVelasco"]

What is it exactly that you want us to do for them?

[/quote] Like I said if you have something and you are able to offer it up, offer it, else perhaps just be thankful that you have fellow fans who have some skills that could support your club. [quote user="JuanVelasco"]

Have you considered that people volunteering will only result in real life paid members of staff losing their jobs and not being able to pay their mortgages?

[/quote] If you honestly think my intentions of this post is to do people out of a job then I am sorry. My point was to give and add something of value, pass this information or skills onto the club and give others new skills and abilities. If you carry this fear then I am sorry to hear that. [quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote] Again my point was around what you can ADD and not just replace 1 for 1. [quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I cant help but feel that you may be a little strange mate. Earlier you were talking about passing on your secrets for living to 130, despite having no relevant qualifications. Do you think you are going to get through to a sports scientist at Carrow Road without him laughing you off within 30 seconds?

[/quote] This is where you cross my line. Having no qualifications does not mean you are not capable of knowing more than someone else on a particular subject. I would take an unqualified builder with a lot of experience over a qualified builder with little experience anyday. If you base all decisions on are you qualified, then you only ever compare with what you have learned from your teacher, and we are all well aware from our education that what we have been taught in our schooling was F all to do with what we really needed, that is the way the system is designed, tech you F all and get you into debt and a crap job you hate, live till you are 75ish and die. I decided to get more than one teacher, I decided to not do what everyone else is doing. I have travelled far to attend lectures and seminars on a subject that I am passionate about and that I am well informed about. Yes I will live to 130 and I only say 130 cause if I tell you that my real goal you will think I am a real nut job! The system is designed to make you believe that what is happening is exactly how it is. But as the xfiles used to say, the truth is out there. Try Wiki The oldest woman - Lived till 122 and ate chocolate every day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment and Li Ching Yuen made it to 256 but you are not supposed to know this stuff cause you might ask a question like, hmm, if he can made 256 can I make 130? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen That would F up the tax system and god forbid you might even question the Tax system, so these subjects are never talked about cause you might stop going to Burger King! So queue the abuse! However, that one day you find yourself ill and going to your doc and he gives you a shite load of pills as directed by the big pharmaceutical companies and you think, hmmm this is not quite right. If at that point I have found some suitable qualifications then I might be able to direct you to someone who can help.[/quote]

I am slightly worried about your mental health Dan. You seem to have a huge fear and paranoia of death, with all due respect I am 24 years old, I smoke and drink. I am not thinking about my death just yet and certainly would not like to outlive my own children and my friends by 40 years. Burger King tastes nice.  I would much rather take each day as it comes and deal with death when it strikes. Maybe you could tell me why the football club are going to care whether their players live until 130. That is 95 years after they would have retired to run a pub or own a racehorse. Are you for real? I mean, are you really going to phone the club and say "I have done a lot of research about how to live longer and would like to suggest that the players live on chocolate". How old are you out of curiousity?

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

I''m an accountant, I could count the clubs money.

[/quote] how far can you count into minus numbers!

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"][quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

I''m an accountant, I could count the clubs money.

[/quote] how far can you count into minus numbers![/quote]

Um. the same as I can count in positve ones

I can drink too much, I''m handy when talking about lovely investment, I can use a tannoy system, I''m a bit dodgy at interviewing managers. I like to be in control. 

Is there a niche for me at the club? 

I have no fear of dealth. FACT. That will be your unfortunate interpretation of my words, my truth is I love life, and i love it that much that that I want to be here longer than you, that is not a problem for me as i respect what you choose to do, as we are free to do as we please. If my actions scare you then again open your mind and ask, hmm, this is interesting, tell me more.. If you are happy with how you live, then do not attack anyone who does something different as I care not to attack you, nor will I.

I may outlive many friends and family, but that is not my intention. I know what I understand will go down my family tree. For your information I am 13.

As for me picking up the phone and talking about chocolate, well it was the club that called me last night. I spent 20 minutes on the phone following my post your have referenced to. It was a pleasure to talk with him and it was nice to talk with someone who had a passion for health as I do.

Was I laughed at, no, I was respected and was able to hold a valuable conversation.

My point again, I feel I have something to offer, and someone from the club has taken the time at 7pm in the evening to call me up and talk. We used 20 minutes and that might be the start of something or it may not. All I thought is that we have a large number of intelligent people who support and care for this club, we might be able to do more than pay for our season tickets and sing a song.

I will not reply to your posts if you continue to throw waffle at me. I am however happy to engage in a debate.

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]I have no fear of dealth. FACT. That will be your unfortunate interpretation of my words, my truth is I love life, and i love it that much that that I want to be here longer than you, that is not a problem for me as i respect what you choose to do, as we are free to do as we please. If my actions scare you then again open your mind and ask, hmm, this is interesting, tell me more.. If you are happy with how you live, then do not attack anyone who does something different as I care not to attack you, nor will I. I may outlive many friends and family, but that is not my intention. I know what I understand will go down my family tree. For your information I am 13. As for me picking up the phone and talking about chocolate, well it was the club that called me last night. I spent 20 minutes on the phone following my post your have referenced to. It was a pleasure to talk with him and it was nice to talk with someone who had a passion for health as I do. Was I laughed at, no, I was respected and was able to hold a valuable conversation. My point again, I feel I have something to offer, and someone from the club has taken the time at 7pm in the evening to call me up and talk. We used 20 minutes and that might be the start of something or it may not. All I thought is that we have a large number of intelligent people who support and care for this club, we might be able to do more than pay for our season tickets and sing a song. I will not reply to your posts if you continue to throw waffle at me. I am however happy to engage in a debate.[/quote]

It worries me that the club is willing to spend 20 minutes on the phone talking to 13 year olds about health and fitness for our players. I would hope that the club could find something more productive to do with their time resources, particularly in light of redundancies today.  Your actions do not scare me Dan, I just cant see how they relate in the slightest to the performance of the football team next year. Anyway, good luck in whatever it is that you wish to achieve, maybe the club will give you a work experience placement in a couple of years hey?  Clearly as a 13 year old you are going to have a lot of time to offer the club during the summer months, but people of my age have to work long hours in jobs that pay money to pay the rent. As for talking waffle, I am sure one day you will realise that talking about people that lived to 256 on a forum about football is going to give others the same impression of you.

"I just cant see how they relate in the slightest to the performance of the football team next year."

Example. Take a look at an injury, bone break for example. I know if you feed the body the correct foods while you have a broken bone you can recover 75% faster. This then results in less muscle loss and faster recovery. I will not post the exact details as it is worth £ to me in my business. I am however willing to share this with the club for the good of the club and nothing more.

I could go on about how your blood works to build and replace every cell inside your body and how to optimise this for athletic performance and how to kill parasites that we all have living inside us, but the information is not important in this debate. Someone from the club took 20 minutes from there own time to talk just because I posted on the pinkun message board.

I''m just really puzzled when all my point is, can you offer anything and I feel that I can offer something in the arean, if you do not think I can, I could not give a shit mate, but I know I can and that is what is important to me.

I just offered up the concept to fellow fans to see if you can do anything to help. As the club clearly has not money given the redundancies today, so time to don your thinking caps, I hope you can offer something.