Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Were we mot promised a report of the rebate process from the new chief..

I thought the article on the official site promised a report of the process.  Must have figures to hand now surely.

Perhaps they dont want us to ask questions as to why the money doesnt appear to be being spent

[quote user="Soldier on"]

I thought the article on the official site promised a report of the process.  Must have figures to hand now surely.

Perhaps they dont want us to ask questions as to why the money doesnt appear to be being spent

[/quote]

Well these things don''t happen overnight... give them a chance FFS.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]The club are probably embarrassed by the lack of revenue generated and are thinking of ways to spin the figures[/quote]

You couldn''t be further from the truth. A lot of people on her are going to be shocked at the amount of rebates not claimed. Mr Foulger will be digging very deep into his pockets for this one. Grant Holt will be more than paid for if Gunny decides he wants him.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]The club are probably embarrassed by the lack of revenue generated and are thinking of ways to spin the figures[/quote]

You couldn''t be further from the truth. A lot of people on her are going to be shocked at the amount of rebates not claimed. Mr Foulger will be digging very deep into his pockets for this one. Grant Holt will be more than paid for if Gunny decides he wants him.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll bring this back so you can apologise when the numbers are released. Just under 50% rebates unclaimed.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Where did you get that information from then because if I was guessing I''d put it at over 60% that claimed their rebates back.

Good grief - some people really do have to have a moan about anything and everything.

Given that the deadline was only last Friday afternoon for receipt of the forms and we then had the weekend, I would have been stunned if we''d had complete information by now.  After all, if everyone claimed, it would be 18,000+ forms to go through.....

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll bring this back so you can apologise when the numbers are released. Just under 50% rebates unclaimed.

[/quote]

I''ll apologise now.....because I''m sure you''re entirely correct - and your comment isn''t based on assumption, bull$heet or guesswork.

Who''s our next signing - and do you have the winning lottery numbers for this Saturday?

Branston I would like to think that to support gunns team building plans they hve been keeping a tally as the forms came in and not left 18000 to to through in the deadline passing hence butterworths it changes day by day comments

I''m still waiting for the new board members to be announced as promised my the Smiths?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Fair enough, Soldier, if everyone sent their forms in early, but I bet you anything you like the majority will have left it late. 

I imagine they have an extremely good idea what the figures are (if perhaps not precisely), but you never know, it might be that we make a couple of signings before the details come out (ie "the supporters bought these players, or somesuch pr garbage!).  But I don''t doubt for a second that some sort of figures will be released, as I doubt the new CEO would want to start off by lying to supporters.

[quote user="BBFF"]

I''m still waiting for the new board members to be announced as promised my the Smiths?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I thought everyone who seemed to think they knew something said that this would be announced c29th June or thereabouts?

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote] And just how would you even have a clue as to how many did not claim their rebates ? more utter bull from somebody who thinks the sun shines out of Delias backside . As for you trying to make out Grant Holt would be something of a big signing if the money was spent on him , laughble , a dirt cheap player who even Colchester can afford to bid for .

Doesn''t the new chief in the subject title not start work til July 1st? I''m not expecting the figures anytime before then.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote] And just how would you even have a clue as to how many did not claim their rebates ? more utter bull from somebody who thinks the sun shines out of Delias backside . As for you trying to make out Grant Holt would be something of a big signing if the money was spent on him , laughble , a dirt cheap player who even Colchester can afford to bid for .
[/quote]

Do you have to be a total cock every time you post? I simply told you what the situation was on rebates and in response to another post about Shrewsbury wanting £700k for Holt added that the rebates with Foulgers money would be more than enough.

I don''t for one minute believe he is worth that or expect us to pay that. You don''t know who I am or what I know so I suggest you crawl back to your pit of negativity.

"We will provide a summary of the rebate process next week, once all the forms have been processed"

There you go then, a couple more days to go.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

"We will provide a summary of the rebate process next week, once all the forms have been processed"

There you go then, a couple more days to go.

[/quote]Will make for interesting reading.I''m guessing just over half have chosen not to claim the rebate.

jbghost, do you mean just under 50 per cent of unclaimed rebates in terms of

numbers of people (which I rather assume you do) or just under 50 per

cent of the monetary total?

[quote user="jbghost"]Numbers - no idea on split between kids, adult, concessions and corporates[/quote]Thanks. I had thought so. My probably questionable assumption is that the unclaimed monetary percentage will be higher than the unclaimed percentage in terms of numbers, on the basis that fans in the more expensive seats, although with more to lose, will also have been more likely to waive. If so, and if you are right, the unclaimed monetary percentage might well above 50 per cent. We shall see.

This is the first time that the fans have had a voice and in someways it will be a referendum on the board. I have no idea what the outcome will be , not a clue....anyone who says they do is just making it up.

It will be very interesting what ever the outcome. Ofcourse each side will spin it for there own ends , purple has already started with his ''money or numbers'' , but the only figure that counts is the numbers if more than 50% dont claim their rebate then that , to me, is a victory for the board. If 50% or more claim their rebate then thats is a clear view of what the majority of season ticket holders think of the board.

Like I said, I have''nt got a clue which way it will go but it is going to be very interesting to see what happens.

[quote user="mtv"]

Ofcourse each side will spin it for there own ends , purple has already started with his ''money or numbers'' ...

[/quote]I''m sorry but how on earth is that spin? I was just saying what I suspect is true, that the monetary percentage will be higher than the numbers percentage. I didn''t draw any conclusions from that.As it happens, I would probably regard the numbers percentage as more important, but then I don''t see this as a straightforward referendum on the board. There may well be people who support the board but have claimed the rebate because they need the money, and Delia Outers who have waived because of the Foulger offer, or because they are well off.