Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

720k extra to spend on players....

We now have an extra 720k to spend on players because of those who didn''t claim their rebate. Will the Clingan sale be added to this amount?

I''m just wondering who we will sign now? Grant Holt? Andy Bishop? Dickinson seems like he is going elsewhere now. Who else is there?

[quote user="colneycanary"]We now have an extra 720k to spend on players because of those who didn''t claim their rebate. Will the Clingan sale be added to this amount? I''m just wondering who we will sign now? Grant Holt? Andy Bishop? Dickinson seems like he is going elsewhere now. Who else is there?[/quote]

We dont have 720k extra to spend on players. We actually have 720k in total to spend on players, including the three that we have already signed.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]We now have an extra 720k to spend on players because of those who didn''t claim their rebate. Will the Clingan sale be added to this amount? I''m just wondering who we will sign now? Grant Holt? Andy Bishop? Dickinson seems like he is going elsewhere now. Who else is there?[/quote]

We dont have 720k extra to spend on players. We actually have 720k in total to spend on players, including the three that we have already signed.

[/quote]

Has Clinghan sale money been budgeted for too?

[/quote]The players budget also includes wages.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Juan, I suggest you read the front page of the Pinkun. It clearly says EXTRA[/quote]

And I suggest that you read the whole article:-

“The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,” said Foulger.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Juan, I suggest you read the front page of the Pinkun. It clearly says EXTRA[/quote]“The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,” said Foulger. [:O]

[/quote]didnt they teach you how to read at school? or is that your next class?

[/quote]

your an idiot!!!

In Context -

The money goes straight to the manager''s playing budget. You''re talking about more than £700,000 in a League One budget.”

Gunn has made three signings as City prepare to return to training next week - midfielder Matthew Gill and defender Michael Nelson on free transfers, and midfielder Owain Tudur Jones for an undisclosed fee from Swansea.

The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,” said Foulger.

Is another way of saying already budgeted for?  Which is what several people on here suggested would happen and were accused of talking rubbish, being cynics and moaning for the sake of moaning. 

Has anything REALLY changed?

[:|]

2 of the players were free and the other one was a undisclosed fee. Don''t forget we have just sold David Marshall and Clingan will soon follow.

If you were to read my post, i said do you think the Clingan transfer money will be included as well?

Juan, why do you feel the need to argue about such pathetic little things?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

your an idiot!!!

[/quote]

Ah, irony is my favourite flavour.

There is also likely to be a wages bill of at least £3M, (last year it was £8.5M ). When Foulger speaks about "player budget" he is not just speaking about " Transfer Fees " but will include players wages. The Rebates are not just going towards purchasing players but also towards paying players'' wages.

Specsavers must be making an absolute mint in Norwich due to the amount of short-sighted people that are around!

£720,000 this isn''t the transfer kitty its the playing budget which includes wages and such like. I would imagine that at least 80% of this cash has already been used in the 3 transfers we''ve made already.

Yet more spin from the Media boys.

[quote user="colneycanary"]2 of the players were free and the other one was a undisclosed fee. Don''t forget we have just sold David Marshall and Clingan will soon follow. If you were to read my post, i said do you think the Clingan transfer money will be included as well? Juan, why do you feel the need to argue about such pathetic little things?[/quote]

They are not pathetic little things though are they? Signing on fees for all three players, agents fees, insurance, wages. We have been through all this before. Do you actually believe that we have 720k extra?  Its the City spin machine again. We had a budget, as much of that budget that could come from the fans the better.

We will be hearing soon about how Delia and MWJ have pumped another 500k into the club, spin, spin, spin.  The more the fans didnt claim, the less they needed to put in. Another point that I made is that the £1m transfer of David Marshall was probably arranged in installments. How do we know that the 400k (est.) recieved from Cardiff hasnt gone straight to Celtic?

When the renewal packs were sent , I am sure there must have been a contingency page about what happens in the event of relegation and the club must have calculated the likely cost on the rebates offered , so either they got their figures wrong or they were too arrogant and never believed they would go down , or a combination of the two

They cannot send fans on a guilt trip because they were blinkered as to the possibility of relegation

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Specsavers must be making an absolute mint in Norwich due to the amount of short-sighted people that are around!

£720,000 this isn''t the transfer kitty its the playing budget which includes wages and such like. I would imagine that at least 80% of this cash has already been used in the 3 transfers we''ve made already.

Yet more spin from the Media boys.

[/quote]

Exactly.  There is not 720k extra to spend on players.  There is 720k that doesnt have to be found by Delia and MWJ.......

So if everyone had claimed back their rebate we would have either had no player budget or found the cash elsewhere.  But suddenly the rebate cash with foulgers input is the player budget, not additonal transfer funds?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Juan, I suggest you read the front page of the Pinkun. It clearly says EXTRA[/quote]

Anyone who believes statements made by the remnants of Smith''s board of directors, is a fool.