Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

FAO Fernando Derveld

What are your thoughts now re the rebate?  You called me a fool and a moron when I suggested that those that claim their rebate should not moan about the lack of playing budget next season.  As far as I can tell we would have a £1.4m to spend on players that we now do not have.  Let''s hope that those who felt "I showed the board" and "Gunn''s not having my money" are satisfied with outcome of their actions

No we have £700,000 which most has already been accounted for on Tudur Jones, Gill and Nelson.

Only £350,000 wasn''t claimed by the fans

Balham,I probably shouldn''t have called you a moron. However, I am genuinely sick of seeing fans take the high ground towards other fans who, under legal contract, are claiming money owed to them. Your words were: "from this point forward you should just shut up and put up". Not an acceptable thing to say to someone who is simply claiming what is legally theirs.As for my views on the rebate figures - frankly, I am delighted. I do not buy the idea that the claim rate was purely a symptom of the economic climate, although that''s obviously a factor. As I said on another thread, having one less pint at each home game would cover the cost of waiving the average rebate. It''s negligible when you''re talking about an entire season, and in the context of thousands spent on following the club in totality.Therefore I''m under no doubt that this is first time the supporter base have sent the board a clear, majority message. Like me and many others, they are drawing a line in the sand, no longer willing to embrace such abject failure, year after year. The club have enjoyed a period of support and financial income that is without precedent in the club''s history, and yet nothing - nothing - exists or remains to show for it. Quite the reverse. Our debt levels are critical and our assets non-existent. As a result I am forced to stand by my previous comment: if you are unable to join such huge, flashing red dots to arrive at a rational assessment of how the club is being run, and where that "extra" £1.4m would end up - then perhaps nobody is in a position to help you.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Balham,

I probably shouldn''t have called you a moron. However, I am genuinely sick of seeing fans take the high ground towards other fans who, under legal contract, are claiming money owed to them. Your words were: "from this point forward you should just shut up and put up". Not an acceptable thing to say to someone who is simply claiming what is legally theirs.

As for my views on the rebate figures - frankly, I am delighted. I do not buy the idea that the claim rate was purely a symptom of the economic climate, although that''s obviously a factor. As I said on another thread, having one less pint at each home game would cover the cost of waiving the average rebate. It''s negligible when you''re talking about an entire season, and in the context of thousands spent on following the club in totality.

Therefore I''m under no doubt that this is first time the supporter base have sent the board a clear, majority message. Like me and many others, they are drawing a line in the sand, no longer willing to embrace such abject failure, year after year. The club have enjoyed a period of support and financial income that is without precedent in the club''s history, and yet nothing - nothing - exists or remains to show for it. Quite the reverse. Our debt levels are critical and our assets non-existent. As a result I am forced to stand by my previous comment: if you are unable to join such huge, flashing red dots to arrive at a rational assessment of how the club is being run, and where that "extra" £1.4m would end up - then perhaps nobody is in a position to help you.

[/quote]

Great Post. My thoughts exactly and the thoughts of the majority.

To be honest ignoring any thoughts on the board, the fact is we were told that championship football would cost X, and league one football would cost X. Naturally the former would cost more. The rebate is simply money that is owed to the season ticket holders. If people dont want to take it then thats up to them.Lets say next season we stay down and therefore our season ticket prices go down, will anyone suddenly decide to hand over an extra bit of money on top? Because thats essentially whats happening here.