Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

ONE IN THE PIE FOR SMITH!

I don''t really like the pies at CR, there is hardly any filling and the pastry is c**p, broke a fork once trying to cut a pie open lol.  Bring back Pukka pies, real pastry with real chunky fillings. [:)]

We didn''t enter though guess that was to give them a chance.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I don''t really like the pies at CR, there is hardly any filling and the pastry is c**p, broke a fork once trying to cut a pie open lol.  Bring back Pukka pies, real pastry with real chunky fillings. [:)][/quote]Pukka are disgusting. Dog food

What an awful piece of journalism that was. I must admit I don''t give two flying hoots that they won, or even that we didn''t enter one ourselves.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

DEB are you Gordon Ramsay?

[/quote]

No, I''m not - but I understand his contempt of the woman.

I think this report lifted from the net is superb:

''Poor Delia Smith, 68 today. The iconic chef, whom many have seen as the shining, classic embodiment of the happy British kitchen for a generation, has caused such a catastrophic backlash with her TV series, "How To Cheat at Cooking," that she may never recover. Alas, Ms. Smith, who suggests using ready-made foods, such as frozen mashed potatoes and packaged grated cheese, has angered pretty much every member of the food police in Britain, from yuppie to medical charity. The campaign group Consensus Action of Salt and Health (CASH) has collected figures showing that Ms. Smith uses outrageous levels of salt in her recipes; her Carbonara Real Quick, with its bacon bits and lots of Pecorino, contains 7 grams per serving. The recommended daily salt intake is 6 grams. CASH accuses her of putting people''s health at risk with the recipes in this series — as if Delia is single-handedly going over to people''s houses and poisoning them, or forcing their hand at the stove. Some reports have even had her responsible for potentially "killing" people with her recipes.

Heart Research UK warned that the recipes on "How To Cheat at Cooking" should be taken with a pinch of — well, not salt — and only used occasionally. The group''s lifestyle manager, Denis Armstrong, said: "It''s a shame that Delia hasn''t used her good reputation to encourage people to eat a healthier diet by demonstrating the many ways to make quick and easy meals, using healthy ingredients, without resorting to high salt, high fat foods." Evidently in these days of food-obsessed, organic-mad, locally sourced, environmentally crazed uprightness, Delia has done just about the worst thing possible. Sadly for Delia, as she approaches the age of 70 she seems to be pressing the self-destruct button. A review of media (in it''s many forms) results in an ever growing number of controversial cookery issues of which she is the root cause.

Perhaps she should have entered retirement three years ago.''

Actually one of the worst peices of Journalism i''ve ever had the mis-fortune to read.

Do they genuinely think our biggest worry right now is the state of the pies at Carrow Road? They''re bragging like they''ve beaten us when we didn''t even enter lol.

Morons.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Actually one of the worst peices of Journalism i''ve ever had the mis-fortune to read.

Do they genuinely think our biggest worry right now is the state of the pies at Carrow Road? They''re bragging like they''ve beaten us when we didn''t even enter lol.

Morons.

[/quote]

Come on.....

They are simply taking the p**s - just as we would in a reverse scenario!.

[quote user="DEB "][quote user="Lambo"]

Morons.

[/quote]

Come on.....

[/quote]

Seems strange that you scour the internet for any stories that are connected to Delia, picking even the most obscure to try to tar her reputation. The word "petty" comes to mind.

Cant say I''ve had a pie in either restaurant so cant compare.....bet the bar pies dont look like that.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Job for McNally here....[/quote]Is he a cook then?[/quote]

No.

He''s supposed to wipe up the mess.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Job for McNally here....[/quote]Is he a cook then?[/quote]

No.

OTBC

[/quote]

Ah, he''s a lackey.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

OTBC

[/quote]

Ah, he''s a lackey.

[/quote]

If all employees are lackeys as you imply..........then yes.

However, successful ones often manage to plow their own furrow.

Let''s hope.

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="DEB "][quote user="Lambo"]

Morons.

[/quote]

Come on.....

[/quote]

Seems strange that you scour the internet for any stories that are connected to Delia, picking even the most obscure to try to tar her reputation. The word "petty" comes to mind.

[/quote]

Firstly, I do not need to ''tar her reputation'' - she has done this more than adequately herself. This is perfectly clear when reviewing a growing number of negative media reports. It must be clear to anyone interested in football (& more specifically NCFC) and the world of food, that the woman can no longer be taken seriously.

Secondly, "petty" - yes, perhaps - but I would rather replace it with ''relevant''.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I don''t really like the pies at CR, there is hardly any filling and the pastry is c**p, broke a fork once trying to cut a pie open lol.  Bring back Pukka pies, real pastry with real chunky fillings. [:)][/quote]

Pukka are disgusting. Dog food
[/quote]

Oddly enough I wouldn''t give our dog a CR pie, christ alone knows how much the dentistry bill would be from the vets

[quote user="DEB "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="DEB "][quote user="Lambo"]

Morons.

[/quote]

Come on.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstly, I do not need to ''tar her reputation'' - she has done this more than adequately herself. This is perfectly clear when reviewing a growing number of negative media reports. It must be clear to anyone interested in football (& more specifically NCFC) and the world of food, that the woman can no longer be taken seriously.

Secondly, "petty" - yes, perhaps - but I would rather replace it with ''relevant''.

[/quote]Or perhaps add "childish", "vindictive" & "spiteful"You sad man.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="DEB "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="DEB "][quote user="Lambo"]

Morons.

[/quote]

Come on.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or perhaps add "childish", "vindictive" & "spiteful"

You sad man.

[/quote]

What goes around, comes around!