Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Rebate: One in three waive the right to claim cash

“The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,”

Does that mean these 3 have come out of the 720K or the pre existing budget and that the 720K remains untouched??

[quote user="Soldier on"]

Does that mean these 3 have come out of the 720K or the pre existing budget and that the 720K remains untouched??

[/quote]

I read it as the 3 players come out of the rebate money as they should have already sorted out this years playing budget

"The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind"

[/quote]

I read this as they had a player budget figure in mind including a ''guessimate'' of how many people wouldn''t claim their rebates. The fact in the same article where he states that the people that left their money with the club was ''alittle disappointing'' means that the 3 players we have brought in already have taken up a larger proportion of the budget than they had hoped. Meaning this leaves less for Gunn to bring in the additional players we so desperately need.

If that were the case though wouldnt that mean we had no playing budget to start with??!! Or does that take into account current wage bill

It looks as though we had no budget before & only have the rebate, plus Foulger''s money to spend. Don''t expect any exiting signings, folks!!!!

As has been said many times on here before, this whole rebate thing has been a major balls up from start to finish.

Today just confirms this. Still nobody has any real idea what our transfer budget is, whether it has been spent or why Foulger doesn''t just give us the maximum amount he is able to. Linking his contribution was nothing but a cynical publicity stunt and should never have been allowed to happen

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

Still nobody has any real idea what our transfer budget is.

[/quote]

Which is surely a good thing? Why reveal your hand to a selling club?

I did try to argue the point about expectations regarding the player budget for this season but I was constantly TOLD by a few on here that it was around the £4million mark.Quite how they got to that figure when I''d already done the sums is beyond me.Still, I feel for those who had to claim because of the financial situation and to the rest who didn''t have to but chose to - I expect you''ll really enjoy your cheap football next year. Hope that £1.2million the player budget has missed out on doesn''t scupper our chances too much eh?(I would put a sarcastic smilie in here but I''m not in the mood!)

Pete can we expect a comment from Gunn & update on his teambuilding.

Be interested to hear from him whether we have lodged any cash bids etc

I''m not saying we need an exact figure but surely a clearer answer as to how much of the rebate money has already been spent wouldn''t be out of the question.

But then I don''t know why whenever we buy someone the figure is always undisclosed. This cloak and dagger stuff just encourages criticism and confusion

Could Archant investigate how many fans did not receive a rebate form from the club. I know three people who never got sent a form, no big deal if you live near the ground, big pain in the rear otherwise.  I sure the club may have missed people out by ''mistake''/  Questioning the honest of the club, whatever next!!

[quote user="LQ"]I did try to argue the point about expectations regarding the player budget for this season but I was constantly TOLD by a few on here that it was around the £4million mark.

Quite how they got to that figure when I''d already done the sums is beyond me.

Still, I feel for those who had to claim because of the financial situation and to the rest who didn''t have to but chose to - I expect you''ll really enjoy your cheap football next year. Hope that £1.2million the player budget has missed out on doesn''t scupper our chances too much eh?

(I would put a sarcastic smilie in here but I''m not in the mood!)

[/quote]

If Gunny is the top class manager he claims to be then I would think 700,000 is more than enough to put together a challenging squad at this level. He needs to prove his abilty before I would trust him with any more

[quote user="LQ"]to the rest who didn''t have to but chose to - I expect you''ll really enjoy your cheap football next year. Hope that £1.2million the player budget has missed out on doesn''t scupper our chances too much eh?(I would put a sarcastic smilie in here but I''m not in the mood!)[/quote]I am paying quite enough to see League One football next season and see no reason to give the current incompetent bunch of boardroom and managerial incumbents another £80 of my money to squander.Did I mention that your self-righteousness makes me want to vomit?

Yeah - sorry - I forgot.My opinion is ''self-righteous'', anyone elses is ''opinion''.Have it your way.

[/quote]

This quote really worries me. If he means that some of the rebate money is already accounted for with these 3 signings then we are really in the sh*t. A club with 18,500 season ticket holders should still have a more than competitive wage budget at this level. If we don''t then serious questions again need to be asked about levels of ambition at the club.

[quote user="LQ"]I did try to argue the point about expectations regarding the player budget for this season but I was constantly TOLD by a few on here that it was around the £4million mark.

Still, I feel for those who had to claim because of the financial situation and to the rest who didn''t have to but chose to - I expect you''ll really enjoy your cheap football next year. Hope that £1.2million the player budget has missed out on doesn''t scupper our chances too much eh?

[/quote]

LQ, the player budget includes wages. Last year the budget was said to be £8.5m, so £3m or £4m would be about right.

Sends a good message to Delia & Co though LQ

And more importantly why should fans pay the same price for an inferior product.  Letting the club keep the rebate wouldnt mean we were watching championship style football.

A comment from NCISA reaffirming the anti board stance (with the exception of new CE) wouldnt go amiss now

Juan/Ryan, I know exactly what the player budget includes. That''s why I used the phrase.

[/quote]

Not surprisingly you''re a little miffed to find that despite your efforts people are actually exercising their right to both think for themselves, and to make a tangible protest at the mismanagement they have had to witness over the last few seasons both on and off the pitch. However, your attempts to try to make supporters,and particularly the season ticket holders, the scapegoats are rather distasteful. Why not give the patronising comments a rest for once?

[quote user="LQ"]Juan/Ryan, I know exactly what the player budget includes. That''s why I used the phrase.

[/quote]

So why do you believe that it will be less than £4m?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="LQ"]Juan/Ryan, I know exactly what the player budget includes. That''s why I used the phrase.

[/quote]

So why do you believe that it will be less than £4m?

[/quote]Here''s what I wrote back in May when I asked what people thought our player budget was:"Last accounts showed £6.7million on player wages plus just over £2

million on transfer fees/costs. In addition to this the first team

management and coaching costs were £1.2 million but I ignored them as

they, and other staff wages, don''t come out of the player budget. It

does include player wages/transfer fees/agents costs.The last available accounts also showed an overall loss for the Club of £2.7 million.

The £6 million loss I predicted initially is based on League payment

losses of around £2 million, season ticket, casual ticket and matchday

spend losses of around £2.5 million (based on the NCISA straw poll of

75% of ST holders taking their rebate) and around £1.5 million in

losses relating to sponsorship and advertising.All

other things being equal we''d be looking at a loss of £8.7 million for

the year if the player budget remained at £8.5 million - which

obviously it can''t. A player budget of £4 million (stated by

TangibleFixedAssets and CityAngel initially on other threads I believe)

gives us an operating loss of £4.2 million."

Based on that we have a budget of almost exactly zero plus the £700k from today.You do the math!

[quote user="LQ"]You type that and you call me patronising?

[/quote]

You have no right to look down on the people that claimed their rebates in the recession, I claimed mine because my gas bill has gone up £70.  I am not going to fund incompetance and mismanagement instead of not paying my gas bill, i''ve been a student all year.  Have fun watching your equally cheap football knowing that you have helped pay the interest on the £2.5m land loan.

[quote user="LQ"]I did try to argue the point about expectations regarding the player budget for this season but I was constantly TOLD by a few on here that it was around the £4million mark.Quite how they got to that figure when I''d already done the sums is beyond me.Still, I feel for those who had to claim because of the financial situation and to the rest who didn''t have to but chose to - I expect you''ll really enjoy your cheap football next year. Hope that £1.2million the player budget has missed out on doesn''t scupper our chances too much eh?(I would put a sarcastic smilie in here but I''m not in the mood!)

[/quote]The thing is we''ve all been paying full prices for the last 3 or 4 years and look what has happened with that money.  The team has steadily decreased to a League 1 standard and finally the club has got what it deserved.    To expect everyone to continue paying full price is laughable.To those who did and especially those who didn''t need to claim your rebates, good on you for having testicular fortitude to do so.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="LQ"]You type that and you call me patronising?

[/quote]

You have no right to look down on the people that claimed their rebates in the recession, I claimed mine because my gas bill has gone up £70.  I am not going to fund incompetance and mismanagement instead of not paying my gas bill, i''ve been a student all year.  Have fun watching your equally cheap football knowing that you have helped pay the interest on the £2.5m land loan.

[/quote]

Bloody well said Juan, she lost and as usual, can''t handle it!

LQ isnt the 2 million league loss a new thing though i.e champ clubs get this year but didnt last so ultimately would have been a bonus but must have been budgeted for

Can I ask wht Archant would not find out exactly whether the money had or haad not been budgeted for. I want to work for them. Sit on your backside for a few days, extract a few rumours off the forums, few more days off, do half an interview.

Cushty