Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Arturo lupoli

I know this is completely useless to us right now but look what Gunn let go..

Arturo Lupoli Goals: 5

Full appearences: 9

Sub appearences: 11

I know that make not look so good but had he been off the bench for those 11 could he have scored more? What would of his tally of been?

Personally I think it was a stupid idea for Gunn to place him on the bench leading to him leaving...

Thoughts?

We don''t know what was going on behind the scenes. Lupoli was allegedly unsettled so if that was the case then it probably was the correct decision at the time to let him go.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]We don''t know what was going on behind the scenes. Lupoli was allegedly unsettled so if that was the case then it probably was the correct decision at the time to let him go.[/quote]

spot on[:D]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]We don''t know what was going on behind the scenes. Lupoli was allegedly unsettled so if that was the case then it probably was the correct decision at the time to let him go.[/quote]

Not just unsettled but also unsettling. He certainly pi$$ed a few people off in his short stay

Yes he should have gone with Arturo rather that that prat curo!! we just may have had a chance!!!

14.22 More transfer news from Italy as Fiorentina have announced Arturo Lupoli''s move to Ascoli with young midfielder Francesco Di Tacchio moving in the opposite direction.

How many 90 mins did he play?i know fitness was a problem with him, and strength, but what i saw i liked, he was a good talented player, who could have scored 20 if he played as much as he physically could, such a shame.

If he had been good enough, fit enough and strong enough he would have played a lot more 90 minutes for them .... and us.

Roeder signed him then didn''t play him.Whether that was just Roeder being the awkward t*sser we came to know and "love" or if it was done for footballing reasons we''ll never know, but you can hardly blame Gunn for Lupoli''s very obvious attitude problem.Lupoli was past his usefulness mentally by the time Gunn took charge, as were most of the team.

He must be a bit gutted musn''t he?

Started at Arsenal as a hot prospect, went through the English leagues on loan every year, and has now ended up at an Italian team that nobody has heard of!

Roeder wanted him out and made that clear, Lupoli''s running up to the dug out and making comments after scoring a goal, were not taken to well by Roeder. wheels were set in motion for his departure.  

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]He must be a bit gutted musn''t he? Started at Arsenal as a hot prospect, went through the English leagues on loan every year, and has now ended up at an Italian team that nobody has heard of![/quote]

Never heard of Ascoli?  They were in Seria A two years ago!

Still, small club though..... only get 6,000 people at home games! Olivier Bierhoff used to play for them though!