Sign in to follow this  
ca

Archant get the headline wrong??

Who came up with this headline £700,000 Norwich City rebate boost

They could have helped us in our fight against the board and made the headline

66.6% of fans claim their rebate and send a strong message to the board

Anyone else agree ??

That would make more sense, seeing as technically the fans not applying for their rebate raised £360k with the rest by Foulger.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone else agree ??

[/quote]Only if you turn the paper into a broadsheet! Otherwise, sadly, your headline would read:66.6% of fans claim their rebate and seLOL

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone else agree ??

[/quote]

Are you serious?

How many of the 66% claimed because they wanted/needed the money and for NO other reason.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Yes agreed ,  untill you read the article you are lead to believe the rebates have been a great success for the club and not the complete opposite.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought.

If the cash goes toward bringing in a few new players who make a difference come the end of the season (hopefully ending in promotion) then no one will be complaining.  Can''t blame Arcant too much for trying to put something positive in the paper, let''s face it there''s been a distinct lack of good news as of late.  OTBC!!!

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone else agree ??

[/quote]

Are you serious?

How many of the 66% claimed because they wanted/needed the money and for NO other reason.

[/quote]

Thats well covered under this thread ''''This board have been sent a very clear message by the season ticket holders''''

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Yes agreed ,  untill you read the article you are lead to believe the rebates have been a great success for the club and not the complete opposite.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought.

[/quote]

Yipeeeeeeeee.......... our campaign resulted in having a smaller first team budget.......... Yipeeeee.

Anyone else agree ??

[/quote]

Are you serious?

[/quote] If they were that hard up surely they would not have bought a season ticket in the first place .This is a massive vote against the cook and her puppet manager , nothing more than that .

[quote user="cityangel"]

They could have helped us in our fight against the board

[/quote]I didn''t realise that was their job.I thought it was to report news.

i don''t agree with all this "sending the board a strong message" crap at all. we''ve just been relegated from a league we should be challenging in, i''m sure the board know exactly how the fans feel. the amount of rebate fans claim back is just money the club could have done with in the kitty. great.i''m not saying i don''t agree with fans claiming it back in this economic climate, but if people think claiming it back is "sending a message" which will benefit us in the long term they''re very much mistaken

I for one didn''t claim my rebate. I want to see the best football and players possible next season and that takes money. I think the board knows exactly how we feel, witholding money only hurts the day to day people at Carrow road and us as fans, as the less money we have the less likely we are to buy your Alan Lee''s. Whats happened has happened we can''t change that now, all we can do is look forward!

[/quote]

Thats what I thought.

[/quote]

Yipeeeeeeeee.......... our campaign resulted in having a smaller first team budget.......... Yipeeeee.

[/quote]

I am loathe to ask this question but hey here goes..............What campaign?

I have looked at the definition of campaign and have established the following............a planned and organised series of actions intended to achieve a specific goal.

Now,before my friend from across the pond indulges in his favourite pastime may i just ask that time is taken to read paragraph 6 from the NCISA press statement dated 29th May which was issued in the light of the vote taken at St Andrews Hall with regard to the rebate issue.

Tin hat is on.

[/quote]

Thats what I thought.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotta be cruel to be kind.....

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone else agree ??

[/quote]

Good point, CA. That headline is tantamount to a bit of pro-club spin. It makes you wonder if somebody at Carrow Road writes some of the headlines for Archant, or maybe the Archant journos have to send their copy to Carrow Road for final approval.

I like reading the newbies posts on this forum......They all seem to have it in for those who criticise the club or board.....Then disappear......as quickly as they came.....

Anyone else agree ??

-------------

Good point, CA. That headline is tantamount to a bit of pro-club spin. It makes you wonder if somebody at Carrow Road writes some of the headlines for Archant, or maybe the Archant journos have to send their copy to Carrow Road for final approval.

-------------

Interesting suggestion Pablo.

[/quote]

Thats what I thought.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cranky Yankee in disguise?

To be fair I should have pointed the finger at whoever put the headline on this pinkun site because the EEN tonight have got it right.

Front page  at the top in big letters''''Two thirds of fans claim their rebate back'''' although the back page is the same as this pinkun site.

So typical of Archant; same angle from Anglia news who put a very rosy and positive spin on things. Talk about cosying up to Delia and ''head in the sand!!!!''

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]66.6% Evil City Fans Stick Their Tridents up the Board''s Arse
[/quote]

Here''s my baby........"C''mon ''Micky an'' Deals no Deals,'' it''s Showtime!"

If Archant had really been trying to put a pro-board headline on that story it would have been:Not waiving but drowning

Poor old Archant...They give you all a message board free of charge where you can vent your spleen largely at will....and yet they get hung for doing what they are almost obliged to do.

They can''t bash NCFC publicly for fear of being restricted in the future. Get used it guys. This same spin has been trotted out for many years... only now you''re finally beginning to see it.

Lets look at the facts:

Who offered a rebate on season tickets if Norwich City FC get relegated to League One? - Answer: Norwich City plc

Who sets the price of season tickets? - Answer: Norwich City plc

Who is responsible for the demise of Norwich City FC? - Answer: Board/Players/Manager/All of these (You decide)

I see a pattern emerging here.

Now, turning to the rebate question:

There never was a "shortfall" - 18,200 ST holders paid the price set by Norwich City plc

If posters are going to argue that the failure of the rebate waiver scheme is not just about the fans sending a message to the club but is also about the recession (which is probably true), then I ask again how many of the 18,200 season ticket holders that did renew would not have done had the rebate not been on offer?.

Taking all of the above into account I am still of the opinion that the club must be absolutely delighted with 18,200 ST renewals and the £360K raised by the rebate waiver scheme.