Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Surely a good gesture from Foulger now would be

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="BA"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Is that not what the board are supposed to do?

[/quote]

The very fact that nobody ever seems to come up with anything new seems to indicate that they are doing exactly that.
[/quote]

According to the board at the AGM they are clueless, even asked the shareholders for ideas.  One thing I will give them credit for is the new CEO, he certainly seems to be sorting the wheat from the chaff, and boy is there a lot of chaff at the club.

[/quote]

But some would claim that Delia/MWJ are some devious evil empire dictators, bilking the club out of billions

It should be obvious they are nothing but naive/clueless....... We obviously need NEW high calibre people on the board that can help the club do better going forward.

What has happened has gone............we can only change what will happen going forward.

Which means we need everyone on the same page in trying to achieve promotion NOW.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

According to the board at the AGM they are clueless, even asked the shareholders for ideas.

[/quote]And what came forward? How many of them, how many of us?Yet what has come forward? The Norwich City Kitty v the rebate offerLOL

[quote user="IBA"]Yet what has come forward? The Norwich City Kitty v the rebate offer

[/quote]5s 6d  v. £350,000and Foulger gets slagged off.Says it all.

Remember it isnt always good to show how deep the kitty is in football....So maybe there is more.....who knows?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="LQ"]That''s because shareholders have a vested financial interest in the business in which they hold shares!

[/quote]

So the bigger question is, what have the shareholders done in coming up with ideas?

[/quote]

I take it that as you quote something that happened at the AGM you''re a shareholder?

Isn''t it in your best interests to see the ''business'' succeed? I hate using the term ''business'' but as someone else compares our club to Marks & Sparks it seems that it''s ok!

[/quote]

The point being that when Marks and Sparks poor management creates a funding crisis the board don''t expect their customers to come up with the cash. That is the fundamental point here. As Chops has pointed out elsewhere, the season ticket holders have paid full price for League One season tickets and some have made an additional donation while others haven''t.

And I agree with what Mister Chops has said, but as I pointed out a few weeks back the amount we were being asked to pay for L1 football is actually quite low compared to other teams.Was this an error by whoever decided ST pricing? Possibly. But from my perspective it was an error we could rectify to give us the best fighting chance.That''s all I''ve ever said. But hey, I''m self-righteous and patronising so who cares...And btw, M&S have expected the shareholders to come up with a little more (no dividends etc).

[quote user="LQ"]And I agree with what Mister Chops has said, but as I pointed out a few weeks back the amount we were being asked to pay for L1 football is actually quite low compared to other teams.

Was this an error by whoever decided ST pricing? Possibly. But from my perspective it was an error we could rectify to give us the best fighting chance.

That''s all I''ve ever said. But hey, I''m self-righteous and patronising so who cares...

And btw, M&S have expected the shareholders to come up with a little more (no dividends etc).

[/quote]

Its not what you''ve said, its the way you''ve said it. You appear to talk down to people, which I accept may not be your intention, but I''m hardly the only one to pick up on it,so perhaps you should take it on board.

I really don''t get that - all I do is type?As I''ve said before it''s usually with a smile on my face and a spring in my step but perhaps because very few of you have met me it doesn''t come across that way. I try to talk in facts about things that demand factual answers and I admit I can be verbose but that''s not my fault. I blame the education system!Maybe I''m too sarcastic? But plenty of others on here are too?I dunno.Takes all sorts and all that...

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="LQ"]That''s because shareholders have a vested financial interest in the business in which they hold shares!

[/quote]

So the bigger question is, what have the shareholders done in coming up with ideas?

[/quote]

I take it that as you quote something that happened at the AGM you''re a shareholder?

Isn''t it in your best interests to see the ''business'' succeed? I hate using the term ''business'' but as someone else compares our club to Marks & Sparks it seems that it''s ok!

[/quote]

Are you saying Lisa that 6,000 + plus who are shareholders in NCFC are in it for financial gain like say Barclays Bank shareholders.?My God you really are trying to turn todays news on its head.

Since when did ''succeed'' mean financial gain in football terms, John?You''re singing off a completely different hymnsheet I''m afraid.

[quote user="LQ"]I really don''t get that - all I do is type?

As I''ve said before it''s usually with a smile on my face and a spring in my step but perhaps because very few of you have met me it doesn''t come across that way. I try to talk in facts about things that demand factual answers and I admit I can be verbose but that''s not my fault. I blame the education system!

Maybe I''m too sarcastic? But plenty of others on here are too?

I dunno.

Takes all sorts and all that...

[/quote]

I think its something that goes with the territory of posting on a forum. I used to get infuriated by Smudger''s forum persona until I met him and found that he''s actually a nice lad. I''m not making a judgement on you as a person, because I don''t know you; I''m just trying to explain how you sometimes come across. Having said that, we all have a snipe now and again!

I think the problem is that this is such an emotive and polarising issue that we''re all a bit "hyper" at present[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The point being that when Marks and Sparks poor management creates a funding crisis the board don''t expect their customers to come up with the cash. That is the fundamental point here. As Chops has pointed out elsewhere, the season ticket holders have paid full price for League One season tickets and some have made an additional donation while others haven''t.

[/quote]Are you comparing a retail outlet wit NCFC?Thats an extraordinary statement in itself.Whatever. So a company, in dire need of assistance, asks fans/ supporters/ shareholders / customers /whoever for ideas.Your point?So? Why not?If they didn''t you''d be screaming that they are out of touch with the fans. that there should be a representative ON THE BOARD. Well if that person was as constructive as you then we''re doomed for sure.And as I said before, after that most humbling of appeals, what came forward?ANSWER THAT

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Are you comparing a retail outlet wit NCFC?

Thats an extraordinary statement in itself.

Whatever.

So a company, in dire need of assistance, asks fans/ supporters/ shareholders / customers /whoever for ideas.

Your point?

So?

Why not?

If they didn''t you''d be screaming that they are out of touch with the fans. that there should be a representative ON THE BOARD. Well if that person was as constructive as you then we''re doomed for sure.

And as I said before, after that most humbling of appeals, what came forward?

ANSWER THAT
[/quote]

It was not that they asked it was how they asked.

If I turned to my clients and said my business is failing, can you come up with some ideas to save it as I haven''t a clue! No customers left!!

When you make mistake after mistake, treat your clients as idiots, then expect their respect and assistance it''s time to go.

DS/MWJ make a big thing about "seeing it through" not quitting etc. Don''t they realise that is what the majority want them to do while there is still time.

A representative on the board, no way would that work. MAJORITY SHAREHOLDERS , MWJ has already said that there is only room for one decision maker (I am not sure whether that is him or DS, Mike Walker indicated the later)

This club and it''s fans now need to pull together, that will not happen with those two at the helm. Too much water has now passed down the pan!!

[/quote]

This particular hymnsheet seems to suggest that football club shareholders are in it for the money.That is nonsense Lisa.

[quote user="The Butler"]

If I turned to my clients and said my business is failing, can you come up with some ideas to save it as I haven''t a clue! No customers left!!

[/quote]That was exactly my point, this isn''t just a business like M&SThese are well meaning people who are showing immense humility asking for ideas.How may Boards out there went to Uni to study ''running a football club''?What do you want, exclusion or integration?And like I said, what has come forward? Naff all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

This particular hymnsheet seems to suggest that football club shareholders are in it for the money.That is nonsense Lisa.

[/quote]No John.The point is that ever shareholder has made a financial gesture to this club and it is in their interests that it succeeds in football terms because that makes the whole issue make sense.What does failure achieve? Nothing for anyone.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No John.

The point is that ever shareholder has made a financial gesture to this club and it is in their interests that it succeeds in football terms because that makes the whole issue make sense.

What does failure achieve? Nothing for anyone.

[/quote]

I disagree........... I think some people would see the failure of the club as some kind of perverse moral victory.......

Just as some see us having a smaller first team budget as some kind of moral victory..............

It''s way beyond anything I could begin to understand?

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="LQ"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No John.

The point is that ever shareholder has made a financial gesture to this club and it is in their interests that it succeeds in football terms because that makes the whole issue make sense.

[/quote]

I disagree........... I think some people would see the failure of the club as some kind of perverse moral victory.......

Just as some see us having a smaller first team budget as some kind of moral victory..............

It''s way beyond anything I could begin to understand?

[/quote]

Well you are a yank.

Here you go (I posted all this info a few weeks ago but a refresh seems appropriate):These are the prices for equivalent seats to mine at Carrow Road -Leeds Utd -  ST £646Charlton Athletic - ST £425Millwall - ST £425Northampton Town - ST £410Huddersfield - ST £379Cheltenham Town - ST £371Carlisle Utd - ST £360Leyton Orient - ST £325Stockport County - ST £322Swindon Town -  ST £305.20My seat cost £377 but with the rebate it would be £301.60. To me that''s ''cheap'', but to me, looking at these figures £377 is also fairly cheap.I''ve said previously today that if people took their rebate because of the financial climate then that''s very understandable. However the cost of League One football may be being underestimated by some fans AND may have been previously by whoever set the prices. I don''t know. What would you prefer? a half empty Carrow Road or an almost full Carrow Road? It''s not an easy decision and it is very emotive but the prices charged by other League One clubs are fact.

Of course, those who took the rebate were fully entitled to, but I have to say that we were all aware of the ''deal'' that was on offer from Mr Foulger.  It never ceases to amaze me how others are so ready to spend other people''s money, and I am intrigued as to why so many people think he should still put in his £1m when more than 11,000 of our supporters didn''t keep their side of the bargain, taking their £75 (or whatever). 

If I was Mr Foulger right now, I''d be very much in two minds as to whether I should stump up the full amount: on the one hand I''d be thinking that others couldn''t be arsed to do their ''bit'' so I might as well use it myself, but on the other I would presumably have this £1m sat there doing ''nothing'', so what harm would it do to offer it all up.

[quote user="LQ"]Here you go (I posted all this info a few weeks ago but a refresh seems appropriate):

These are the prices for equivalent seats to mine at Carrow Road -

Leeds Utd -  ST £646
Charlton Athletic - ST £425
Millwall - ST £425
Northampton Town - ST £410
Huddersfield - ST £379
Cheltenham Town - ST £371
Carlisle Utd - ST £360
Leyton Orient - ST £325
Stockport County - ST £322
Swindon Town -  ST £305.20

My seat cost £377 but with the rebate it would be £301.60. To me that''s ''cheap'', but to me, looking at these figures £377 is also fairly cheap.

I''ve said previously today that if people took their rebate because of the financial climate then that''s very understandable. However the cost of League One football may be being underestimated by some fans AND may have been previously by whoever set the prices. I don''t know. What would you prefer? a half empty Carrow Road or an almost full Carrow Road? It''s not an easy decision and it is very emotive but the prices charged by other League One clubs are fact.

[/quote]

Can we assume all the clubs you haven''t listed are cheaper than these ones?

No, you can assume that after trawling the net for ten I had other things to do!If someone wants to check out the other clubs then great, I''d welcome it. But I think from the size of clubs I''ve looked at it''s a reasonable sample.If the other 13 come in at less I''d be stunned.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No John.

[/quote]

No Lisa.

I did not make my financial gesture with the prime objective of seeing my club succeed.I did it because Norwich City is my club and i wanted a sense of belonging.Call me daft but my share certificate is one of my most cherished possessions and i shall pass them on to my daughter when i die.

Yes of course success is great and i have seen a lot of success since 1963 when i first went but i will tell you something,i have never seen such a sustained period of failure as we have witnessed over these last 4 years.Mistake after mistake and no sign as yet that anything has been learnt and you expect me to throw more money at the problem.No way.

What has failure achieved.God do i really have to spell it out?And you and people like USAcanary have the nerve to blame me and 11,606 others if more failure is over the horizon.Let me just ask you something,if you had a dodgy meal in a restaurant and everybody told you it had been like that for 4 years would you keep throwing money in the owners till in the hope things would get better?

As seems often the case LQ, I tend to agree with you - people have rather underestimated what League 1 football costs, as if there is a scaling down of entry fees as you go down the leagues.  I have to say that this is definitely not the case, at least not so you''d notice. 

For example, AFC Wimbledon is my most local decent non league side, just promoted into the Blue Square Premier (they play at and share the Kingstonian ground): their Terrace season ticket for next season is £200 with an "optional £50 donation".  I''ve been there plenty of times and the terrace is pretty crap, so the next one up is Main Stand at £260 + "optional £50 donation".  That is a suggested price of either £250 or Â£310 for the equivalent of my season ticket that would have been £290 if I had taken the rebate, £366 had I not.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="LQ"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]No John.The point is that ever shareholder has made a financial gesture to this club and it is in their interests that it succeeds in football terms because that makes the whole issue make sense.What does failure achieve? Nothing for anyone.

[/quote]

No Lisa.

I did not make my financial gesture with the prime objective of seeing my club succeed.I did it because Norwich City is my club and i wanted a sense of belonging.Call me daft but my share certificate is one of my most cherished possessions and i shall pass them on to my daughter when i die.

Yes of course success is great and i have seen a lot of success since 1963 when i first went but i will tell you something,i have never seen such a sustained period of failure as we have witnessed over these last 4 years.Mistake after mistake and no sign as yet that anything has been learnt and you expect me to throw more money at the problem.No way.

What has failure achieved.God do i really have to spell it out?And you and people like USAcanary have the nerve to blame me and 11,606 others if more failure is over the horizon.Let me just ask you something,if you had a dodgy meal in a restaurant and everybody told you it had been like that for 4 years would you keep throwing money in the owners till in the hope things would get better?

[/quote]That''s a highly spurious argument, there are many restaurants and one football club. Would you stop going to the restaurant if the next nearest was in Kings Lynn and offered an even poorer standard of catering?

Thanks for that LQ, but who sets the prices of Norwich City season tickets?, certainly not the fans, they can only pay the price the ST is set at and presumably the club knows what it is doing regarding its pricing policy. You have to look behind those prices and ask yourself what the average attendance is at each of those clubs, so I say again 18,200 ST holders at an average cost of £270 per ST.......(The only club listed with a higher average attendance is Leeds Utd, it would be interesting to see the prices they charged when they were in the Prem). You also need to factor in the "footfall" element, by that I mean the revenue generated by the food/drink outlets, programme sellers etc).

I would prefer a full Carrow Rd at an average cost of £270 per ST than a half empty Carrow Rd at an average cost of £405 per ST for all of the above reasons. It is clear to me that we can set our prices so "cheaply" because we have 18,200 ST holders generating nigh on £5M in ST sales (plus all the "footfall" element), how many ST holdes have say Northampton, Huddersfiled or Orient got?

[quote user="LQ"]No, you can assume that after trawling the net for ten I had other things to do!

If someone wants to check out the other clubs then great, I''d welcome it. But I think from the size of clubs I''ve looked at it''s a reasonable sample.

If the other 13 come in at less I''d be stunned.

[/quote]

Why don''t you do a ''shakers and movers'' and relocate to a more expensive seat then?...If you think that STs are way too cheap at Carra?

Or maybe, get yourself an executive box if you feel so strongly about it? I''m sure your prospective clients could all gather on a Busman''s Holiday and be absolutely enthralled and driven to sheer excitement by the performance of the quality on the pitch....

Spend your money, and then you can criticise those that disagree with your opinion.

And my season ticket is more expensive than yours is....so there!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

As seems often the case LQ, I tend to agree with you - people have rather underestimated what League 1 football costs, as if there is a scaling down of entry fees as you go down the leagues.  I have to say that this is definitely not the case, at least not so you''d notice. 

For example, AFC Wimbledon is my most local decent non league side, just promoted into the Blue Square Premier (they play at and share the Kingstonian ground): their Terrace season ticket for next season is £200 with an "optional £50 donation".  I''ve been there plenty of times and the terrace is pretty crap, so the next one up is Main Stand at £260 + "optional £50 donation".  That is a suggested price of either £250 or Â£310 for the equivalent of my season ticket that would have been £290 if I had taken the rebate, £366 had I not.

[/quote]A very good friend of mine is an AFC Wimbledon fan. He lives in Spain now and sends the club £250 a year because he can''t get to games to hold a season ticket!I should tell him to buy one and lend it to you for when you fancy a local fix [;)]